Sign in to follow this  
Love4heels

Shall Or Shall Not....

I`m sitting here in my office, doing my work...and in about 1 hr, its lunch break.

As normal I`m wearing my 4" boots to work, but today I did not change to clogs and hide away my boots...as I normally do.

As said, in about 1 hr it`s lunch, and the question is...am I brave enough to wear my boots in the cantine, sit down with all my colluages, eat my lunch, walk out again and continue the work in my office until the day is over.

That would really take me out of my comfort zone...

I wonder how the food will test like when my body is full of adrenalin.. :))

Shall or shall not.....?

Looking at the time stamp, I'd say I'm too late to offer an opinion. [Which would have been "don't" - you can't put the genie back in the bottle.]

So, did you, or didn't you? :o:D

I didn`t, I was "saved by the bell"...I had to stop by the workshop and then I need to wear safetyshoes.

But it`s not to late...many more days to come.. :)

Plenty of chances in the future, to fall off that cliff? ;):P:D

Not too sure about heels in the work place. If you upset a friend and they disown you, how much of a friend were they? Upsetting family seems to be 'the norm' [in mine at least.]

But unless you change jobs with the seasons, putting yourself in a position you've no control over is a gamble, and one I'm not sure I'm ever going to be prepared to try. Of course, I image wearing heels in the work place, but I know how spiteful/gossipy folk can be. From both ends of the gossiping. :huh:;):D

In places where individualism is encouraged [creative or art based environments], I'm sure a man in heels would not be a big deal. If it was, then probably/hopefully not for long. In manufacturing, or production, or a sales situation, people are expected to conform to stereotypes. Being realistic, are other 'conformers' likely to encourage or discourage non-conformance?

For me, I'd have to do some internal market research, as to the probable response from colleagues. If it was likely to be wholesale disapproval, then I'd stay away from the cliff. :D If there was a general disinterest ["do what you like"], then I'd give it a go.

The last 2/3rds of my working career has involved a lot of first-time meetings. Most I never see again, but some, I see periodically. I suppose were I to shock those I would never see again, would it matter? I think yes, especially with social media being like it is. For example, 30 years ago if on holiday, no-one knew what you were up to until you got home. Only those you had sent a postcard to, knew you'd been on holiday. Thanks to electronic social networking, I know (and our extended family/friend group knows) Mrs Freddy packed enough clothing for 2 people, and she embarrassed herself by spilling a drink while at dinner last night. She's been away one day. :huh:

What I'm suggesting is, 'gambling' with your livelihood - your income and how comfortable you might be earning it, is something you surely must consider very deeply before making a change to it. Getting carried away with the euphoria of wearing heels in public and at home, may not necessarily transfer so well to the work place.

Ooooooh, but if it did? :P:D

I went from wearing mens shoes at work to wearing cowboy boots. I got afew mild comrnents. Then I changed to womens ankle boots with a block heel. Most people didn't say anything about them (well not to me anyway). I was working in an office enviroment,

I feel I can justify using my boots at work since they are not the stiletto type and my jeans cover most of the foot of the boots.

I went to the hospital today wearing my boots (my wife had to go in for an x-ray) and I noticed several people there where looking down on my boots. But I could not see any special reaction...

I wouldn't, and am not discouraging anyone. BUT, it's a one-way decision. There's no turning back, no undoing.

When I got a stare and big grin from Miss Ugly as I left my car last week, my discomfort was short lived and I doubt we'll ever see each other again. If it had been someone I worked with ..... Things would be a whole lot different. :huh:

This isn't an issue about taking advice, nor having to make a decision really. It's about being able to live with the consequences if the situation goes belly up? If you could cope, the decision is easy, or a whole lot easier. You want to wear your heels, wear them. ;)B)

Lastly, hope everything went well with Mrs Love4heels. B)

I wouldn't, and am not discouraging anyone. BUT, it's a one-way decision. There's no turning back, no undoing.

When I got a stare and big grin from Miss Ugly as I left my car last week, my discomfort was short lived and I doubt we'll ever see each other again. If it had been someone I worked with ..... Things would be a whole lot different. :huh:

This isn't an issue about taking advice, nor having to make a decision really. It's about being able to live with the consequences if the situation goes belly up? If you could cope, the decision is easy, or a whole lot easier. You want to wear your heels, wear them. ;)B)

Lastly, hope everything went well with Mrs Love4heels. B)

You have many good points here, however in our cantine, we have to wear a plastic cover over our shoes so you can not see what kind of footwear anyone is wearing.

So when walking to&from the car park to the entrance of the cantine, and when putting on/removing the plastic cover, thats the periode I can be spotted.

It was just an x-ray of her chest becouse to check for tuberculoses.

We have a program for that here when you move from countries as the Philippines

:)

Edited by Love4heels

I'm with Freddy on this one, once the cats out of the bag.... Thats it and you have still got to work there...

However, looking at the images of the boots you frequently wear, they are fairly nondescript as being overtly womens boots. If I saw you wearing them I would assume they were cowboy or biker boot style.

If you were wearing 4 or 5 inch stilettos that would be an entirely different kettle of fish!

If you became known for wearing discreet heels, it's possible that it would become the norm and would'nt be a matter of interest.

It's a tough call, but I would err on the side if caution on this one.....

You have many good points here, however in our canteen, we have to wear a plastic cover over our shoes so you can not see what kind of footwear anyone is wearing.

So when walking to & from the car park to the entrance of the canteen, and when putting on/removing the plastic cover, thats the period I can be spotted.

In these circumstances, the 'risk' seems low, and the excitement of that risk may be quite seductive. If everything goes well, you have no need for concern. B) In this respect, there is no need to plan for success.

My take on these situations is, the risk of failure (in this instance being spotted wearing a heel), and what is the "plan" for what happens if discovered? How to deal with the fall-out from that..... :huh:

Your heel being seen isn't the only way you might be discovered either. Your height will change? Your walk will change? These are smaller indicators, but they are the ones that get me noticed. [Meaning: my walking style in a higher heel.] At 4 inches, my heel doesn't noticeably affect my walking style. At 4½ inches, my hips roll more like a girls in heels ..... It gets the occasional response [always by women] of them looking at my feet as they pass.

As I've said already, I'm not trying to discourage you. [Despite how it might read.] But you ought to be considering your way forward if you are 'discovered'. How will you cope internally (your peace of mind when at work) and how you will cope with negative responses if there are any. :)

Once you have a plan, a route to get through the 'worst case scenario', you'll be fully equipped for any adverse conclusion. If it goes well, and continues to go well, you'll be able to enjoy the experience - worry free! ;)B)

It was just an x-ray of her chest becouse to check for tuberculoses.

We have a program for that here when you move from countries as the Philippines

:)

A good idea. B)

Shame it is necessary (prevention), but early detection also helps a faster recovery. Nasty disease, and on the increase here in the UK. Hope the results are negative, as I'm sure they are. ;)

It's a tough call, but I would err on the side if caution on this one.....

This our "English Reserve" coming out? ;):P:D

My excuse is, which really is the fact, I have problems with my achilles and the heel bone where the achilles is attached.

I have someway a permanent inflamation...and wearing heels reduce the use of painkillers at night.

So that is my excuse if anyone ask.. :)

The height is not that much extra, becouse my clogs are about 2" so the additional 2" will not make that much different..at least thats my thought.. :)

You have a plan then. Good. B)

Let us know how it goes.

A minute by minute write-up would be appreciated. ;)

Good luck. :ph34r:

Yeah buddy, it is kind of tough for us to advise you, especially at work. We don't know what the work atmosphere is like...But, it sounds like you have a good plan in place...

I bought a pair of 4" boots at a thrift store the other day, covered them up with my levis and headed out...Went to the gas station, took a tour through Walmart and the food store...It really felt great to be in my boots publicly, the four inch heels were easy to walk in too...

Let us know how you make out at work...Does your wife like how you look in your boots?

My wife think it looks okay but she never said: WOW, that looks great! Can I hump on your leg? :)

She have no problem me wearing heels as long as I also wear long jeans...

She said the other day looking at my boots, that my heeled boots looks masculine.

And she also see the different on my leg pain when I wear heels compare to flats. So she only say: Why dont you use the heels all the time? Why do you keep changing to flats? everybody can see those are male boots with heels!

I bought a pair of 4" boots at a thrift store the other day, covered them up with my levis and headed out...Went to the gas station, took a tour through Walmart and the food store...It really felt great to be in my boots publicly, the four inch heels were easy to walk in too...

These queries are a bit 'off thread' but ......

Are you new to wearing heels, or new to wearing them in public?

And ......

When we say (when anyone of us here says) "wear in public", do we mean:

Wear in public - to show off our footwear?

Wear in public - to be in a social/inter-active situation wearing our preferred footwear?

Wear in public - a mixture of both, or some other explanation?

Why the deep question? I had until 5 minutes ago, always understood 'wearing in public' to be wearing amongst other people. Of course wearing heels anywhere outside -even alone at night maybe- is technically wearing in public. Hence the query over intent?

My wife think it looks okay but she never said: WOW, that looks great! Can I hump on your leg? :)

On a scale of 1 to 10 of 'subtlety', that comment scores a 1. :o;):D

I have met, and enjoyed sexually aggressive women, but never experienced that reaction. I suspect the "let's get it on" switch from a single item of clothing, doesn't exist for women. [Men: Stockings? Men: Heels? Men: Corset? etc etc.] Although Mrs Freddy takes every opportunity to tell me how much she likes men in frock-coats. :huh:

Perhaps as part of an ensemble, heels can contribute? [Looking taller - in my case. walking more elegantly?] But as a single switch, I'm tempted to suggest it's impossible? Even (as I recall) in my youth with girls looking/expecting sex at every opportunity, it wasn't me in heels that had them 'turned on', but what it did to me. [A direct quote from the girl who bought me my first stupidly high heels.]

Edited by FastFreddy2