Sign in to follow this  
char747

Toe Cleavage

In some.. Daintier heels.. You'll find a smaller toe box or that the vamp rides further toward the toes possibly creating toe cleavage. How do you guys feel about that look? Personally I don't care for it. It ruins a very classy look.

Thoughts?

Not big on it myself either.

I once tried on some Louboutins in Selfridges London. I think the style was the classic Pigalle, with the higher heel. [120mm?] Although a little on the large size for me, I was surprised at how much of my toes were on show. For the first time I recognised what was meant by toe-cleavage.

I can see the attraction of toe cleavage when a gorgeous lady is wearing a pair of designer stilettos, but it's not a great look for a man in heels!

• Like 1

but I like to see a pair of sexy feet in high heel sandals

And fortunately, don't even have to leave the house to see them ..... ;):P:D

Lucky me... :) :) :) :)

I doubt 'luck' had anything to do with it. Someone with the life you have, didn't get it because they were lucky? I suspect a lot of hard work, and a good sense of what you wanted from your life, gave you the successes you now enjoy. B)

They are doubtless American [business] motivational phrases;

"You make your own luck"

"Funny how the harder we work, the luckier we get"

I've found them to both be true. Wouldn't you agree? ;):)

Yes, I have to say I do agree...but everything has a price, the question is if you will accept the cost or not.. :)

And the price does not have to be only money...

You will be talking about personal sacrifice of course.

The only way that "cost" can be avoided I guess, is to (really) get lucky. At the races, or with a Lottery win. Then I guess you do it all, without making sacrifices....

U are right again.

By the years I have been more critical to myself and to my choices.

I stopped the bullshit and go more directly to the source...and that will have a price one way or another, but at the end I`m more happy with my life.

:)

I can see the attraction of toe cleavage when a gorgeous lady is wearing a pair of designer stilettos, but it's not a great look for a man in heels!

I'd agree. I take pretty good care of my legs and feet tho. Don't like to ruin the look by having a hairy nasty man foot in a pretty heel. My last girlfriend would complain that my feet were more girly than hers. It's only cause I took a little time to take care of them. When you're getting dry a little lotion does wonders, she didnt seem to get that. :P

I prefer no toe cleavage but that may be because I like the classic shoe shape.

Same here, love the classy silhouette.

Prefer no cleavage.. but I like to see a pair of sexy feet in high heel sandals

Yes, nothing wrong with that. :)

I am beginning to notice some toe cleavage lately in platforms and peep-toes. Personally, I have always loved it and havve a couple of sling-back stiletto pumps with ample toe cleavage and pointed toes.

May I interject a woman's point of view, although I know that I do not speak for all women.......

According to my mom, toe-cleavage was papular in the late 50's, and some shoes displayed about one-half of the wearer's toes. She also recalled the manufacturer's slogan that they showed the "pretty part of a woman's toes." Frankly, I never considered a woman's toes to not be pretty.

For me, the only drawback is that toe cleavage pumps do not dangle as well as a pump with the usual vamp that covers all of the toes.

E

I'd imagine that showing that much toe would make the heels harder to keep on your feet? Easier to walk out of?

I agree that walking out of toe cleavage could happen, but I have never experienced it whether I wore the pair or only one. But when I wear one I feel like I'm pushing the envelope of security, and daring.

E

I'm minded to the Cole Porter lyric's:

In olden days a glimpse of stocking

Was looked on as something shocking

Meaning anything usually hidden, and glimpsed at in the right circumstances, can be fairly erotic?

I've already mentioned I'm not big on toe-cleavage, but I've seen some shoes recently (possibly Louboutin's) with clear plastic being used as a trim to show the toes, but help keep them in the shoe? [i will try to find a link or include a small piccy if I can find one.]

Not sure whether it's the clear plastic doing it for me, or the 'indiscreet' showing of toe cleavage. Either way, it's becoming more attractive/erotic. :huh:

Much apppreciated! :)

I've neve seen that look before. Not sure how I feel about it. I suppose if toes were showing they might look a bit odd mushed up against the side of the shoe. Or any part I the foot for that matter.

I'll try to put the piccies back up later. For some reason, the Forum wanted to shuffle them around, and I've tried to resolve it by putting them in the right place 3 times already. :rolleyes:

I've neve seen that look before. Not sure how I feel about it. I suppose if toes were showing they might look a bit odd mushed up against the side of the shoe. Or any part I the foot for that matter.

They were being worn at the early part of this year (I now know), so possibly in cooler weather both here, and in the US. Maybe less mushing than you'd expect? That said, it still looks good to me. ;)