Sign in to follow this  
heelman500

Are Those For You?

Went to Matalan today, looking for some ankle boots. They are the only place that had ankle boots at this time of year!!

I managed to find a pair with an elasticated ankle for just £6 in a size 8/42. They fit ok, little bit tight but hey ho.

When I went to pay, the very attractive 20 sonething blonde assistant, looked me straight in the eye and said "are they for you?"

It took me totally by surprise and I almost missed the chance.... But yep theyare fir

Me was my reply! She was totally unfazed by this answer ( I guess she had me sussed out already).

The moral of this story is buy in store....... Because you can.... Happy shopping folks

When I went to pay, the very attractive 20 sonething blonde assistant, looked me straight in the eye and said "are they for you?"

I wouldn't have gotten past "ga ga ga ga" :D

Wonder why she asked? :huh:

[she wouldn't have asked if you bought a bra, would she? So maybe she DID have you sussed, :D and was rather cheekily looking for confirmation?]

I think you are right though; "buy in store ..... Because you can...." B)

I am pretty sure that she had me Sussed with hindsight, it is very rare for a salesperson to comment at all, the only one who ever does is the shoe manager at New Look, but then she knows that's I always buy shoes there and is helpful in pointing stuff in my size.

I would have taken it (the original enquiry at Matalan) as an opportunity to chat, if time allowed. :)

Not by me obviously. I'd still have been in 'ga ga ga ga' mode as I left. ;):D