Sign in to follow this  
Love4heels

How High Is The Definition Of High Heels?

In my opinion, high heels start at 7,5 cm (3 inches)

Anything below, I can not consider as high heels...at least not for large sizes.

What is your opinion?

I consider around 2 inches as the starter level for a high heel, as that is above a mans usual heel height on a shoe (cowboy boots excepted).

It depends on the shoe size. I take size 7 uk, so a 2" heel feels low. The same heel height on a size 4 uk would seam high to the wearer.

It depends on the shoe size. I take size 7 uk, so a 2" heel feels low. The same heel height on a size 4 uk would seam high to the wearer.

I think I've mentioned somewhere else, "high" would mean it affects the way you walk?

A 2" heel is surely a higher heel than norm for men at least, but we are talking high heels? This likely to be a slightly different height for every shoe size as HH4evr1 points out.

For me, high starts at 4", though I need a little more for it to feel truly high. [High = affects my comfort level in how I walk. Meaning: slight hip swaying needed.] ;)

For some considerable time actually, I've been meaning to find out the angle of rise in smaller shoes to compare it to the angle of rise in a larger shoe. The reason for this originally, was to make direct comparison between the heel height in a UK6 Mrs Freddy might wear, and the heel height in a UK8 I might wear. My expectation being, a 4" heel on Mrs Freddy, produces the same angle of rise a 4½" heel might produce in my UK8?

Taking this as a scale, it may be someone with an EU36/UK3½ wearing a 4" heel, equates to a 5" heel in a UK8 to experience the same walking 'challenge' shall we call it? And someone with an EU44, would need a 6" heel for the same experience? It might be I've exaggerated the difference, and I hope this is true. :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2

For some considerable time actually, I've been meaning to find out the angle of rise in smaller shoes to compare it to the angle of rise in a larger shoe.

We could work on this as we must have members with a variety of shoe sizes. Your wife is size 6, I am size 7 and you are size 8. So that would be a start.

My favourite heel height is 4" in a UK size 7.

Edited by hh4evr1

My favourite heel height is 4" in a UK size 7.

I think there has to be an agreed/discussed method of measurement, before 'an angle' measurement can be made. It's maybe the reason I haven't embarked on working out the footlength/rise ratio to produce an angle across shoe sizes.

Perhaps the time has come, to do some work on this? ;)