Sign in to follow this  
Love4heels

Meeting My Wife`s Girlfriends

Yesterday on my way home from work, my wife called me to ask if I could pick her up at some friends.

So I stopped by and my wife was outside and asked me to come in and say hello.

I said I can not, I wear by heeled boots.

She asked why that should stop me? Just come on in and say hi... so I did.

So I walked in to the house, wearing my boots, meeting the friends of my wife...said hi, sat down by the table and had a short conversation with the girls, before we packed up and left for home.

Noone noticed my boots....

That was kind of weird...hehehe

Edited by Love4heels

Or maybe it was the "elephant in the room" i.e. everyone noticed but nobody wants to be the one to bring it up. It's a case of who would feel more uncomfortable then, the one who brings it up (everyone else may already be in on it before they were) or it may make someone else (i.e. you and your wife) feel uncomfortable and you don't want to do that either.

Maybe they really didn't notice as you wear the heels so naturally and don't draw attention to the fact.

Or .........

There was no elephant?

I personally believe [rightly/wrongly] some cultures are not that concerned about gender identity, or rigid conformity to highly defined criteria. Some other cultures, are VERY highly concerned and won't tolerate any non-conformity.

As a general remark, I think most folk can get used to most situations. It's what makes us the most successful animal on the planet, our adaptability. B)

I am very happy for you that no one made any comments that would cause you grief or embarrassment. But still, a positive comment would be welcommed.

But do you not like it when someone does notice and comments? Kind of like the icing on the cake.

E

I am very happy for you that no one made any comments that would cause you grief or embarrassment. But still, a positive comment would be welcommed.

But do you not like it when someone does notice and comments? Kind of like the icing on the cake.

E

I would love to have positive feedback... :)

But negative feedback is not so good...

I would love to have positive feedback... :)

Me too, but I just don't see how it's possible?

Girls complimenting girls, doesn't happen much around here. They don't like competition, and making the competition feel good isn't good for morale. Sure, close friends will praise another close friend, but seldom a 'competitor'. To most girls, (some I've met, others I've read comments from) high heels are an advantage they are not keen to share with men. Encouragement that may lose them some of their advantage, would be like an act of treason?

I've mentioned a few times, the girlfriend (of almost 30 years ago - looking at the current year number), who travelled to London on the quiet, and bought me my first 'stupidly' high court shoes. She'd gone to what was a thinly veiled shop tilted toward transvestites. So, no small amount of effort on her part, I now realise, perhaps 30 years too late.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the purpose of her getting me into heels was so I could wear them as and when. She worked with several gay men [hairdressers], and we would go out with them to 'questionable' clubs in London too. ;) I might dress in like a girl, with tight trousers, heels and makeup. All this at a time when Boy George was on the cover of magazines like Vogue and Cosmopolitan. Androgyny was the norm at that time.

We also went to fetish do's too. I can remember once dressing up to go out. Did the full bit. Skirt, falsies, makeup, wig. Nothing too overt, but definitely feminine. I had no hips to speak of, and was around a size 8. [24/26 inch waist.] Looking at the size of some of the bits I've kept, I can't believe how slim I was.

Anyway, I'm dressed and ready to go out. I find my girlfriend crying, why? She said that I looked more like a girl than she did. [Absolutely not true.] But her perception was, that I did.

I know for sure, mens psyche is fragile thing. I would offer, women are no different. They need to have a place [feminine maybe, mother maybe,] in society and culture. Us wearing part of their 'armour' usually used by them for securing their unique position, isn't likely to stimulate comments of support? In fact, I can fully understand resistance to us wearing them. I don't enjoy or like the resistance, but I understand the need for it.

So back to my original comment: I'd like to hear positive feedback, I just don't see how it's possible.

Mrs Freddy, as I've also mentioned a number of times, seldom wears heels when I do. She would say it's because we usually do a lot of walking when I wear them, and she doesn't want to ruin her shoes or her feet. Maybe like a lot of [older] women, her ability to cope with heel related foot pain, has diminished from when she was young? [she tells me of cut and bruised feet when younger.] Either way, my honest belief is, she (like most women) would rather not have the 'competition' of her man also in heels.

I do get a lot support from Mrs Freddy, a lot. B) But compliments on my high heeled footwear? A place too far. ;):D