Sign in to follow this  
Eoneleg

A Springolaltor Experience

I had left work early one afternoon for no reason and found myself driving into a Goodwill resale store, also for no reason. It was as if a magnet was attracting me to the shoe section where I looked over some very nice heels in my size, but a duplication of those that fill my closet at home, and to a lesser degree the closet in my office. I am able to have access to more shoes in either closet in that I am able to wear only the left shoe and use crutches for mobility, in direct defiance of the medical communities warning that crutches and a heel is the path to further injury.

Then I noticed two pairs of springolators. As a child, my mom found several pairs of springolaltors when cleaning closets. Very much the same as mule, they had not back or sling strap, and had an elastic web covering the insloe streching fromjust behind the toes to about haflway up the arch.

They were size 9 and I take an 8, but my curious nature took over and i dropped a left shoe on the floor and slid into it. I knew that I could handle the shoe in that I often wear a stiletto mule, but the size difference was a concern, although it was hardly noticeable. A couple of short steps, then I resumed my normal stride, and did a couple of laps around the store. There were about a dozen shoppers in the store and all paused their hunt for bargains to watch the silly lady with one leg on her crutches and in one high heel - and a dangerous one at that because she probably would walk out of it. As I passed, most of the women wore a scowl on her face while her spouse wore a supressed smile. One man, in his fifties, actually followed me to the display and picked up the shoe from the floor to the display rack - and blushed when I gave him a wink and a smile.

The following day, I got the idea to purchase them but someone had beat me to it. The store manager remembered me - who could forget the silly lady wearing such a dangerous shoe while on crutches. She took my phone number and promised that if any springolators came in, she would set them aside and notify me.

E

Great report. As always, an interesting read Eoneleg.

Not sure why you refer to yourself as 'silly'? Adventurous, 'devil-may-care' maybe? Silly, surely not. ;)B):D

Don't know of these getting to the UK, though I understand from an internet search the likes of Dior used the patented design.

For anyone else like myself, who has no experience of these, I found a web site with plenty of styles + images.

Seems the idea is the (patented) elasticated design keeps the mule firmly against the bottom of the wearers foot, and helps prevent the shoe falling off the foot? Seems like a great idea. B)

Thanks for you response. The "silly lady" is the attitude of many of those who think that I should not be in a heel at all. let alone a four-inch stiletto and sometimes five. But the adventurous is definitly me. I have been a heel lover since high school (about 20 years) and refuse to let my physical situation interfere with my choice of footwear. Looking back, I wish that I had purchased the springolators that day and made them available to anyone expressing an interest in them.

I do wear a very nude mule often and love the feeling that I will walk out of it, but it stays on and slaps the bottom of my foot, giving a click-the heel contacting the floor, slap-the sound as the shoe re-contacts my arch, thud-as my crutches hit the floor.

You are in agreement with many others that I have a devil-may-care attitude which is somewhat true. I tend to be very serious about my job and the company, but at other times I enjoy life, especially since mine was spared and I am here to tell about it.

Like the Budweiser man once said, "Enjoy life - every golden moment," then he realated that to is product.

E

You are in agreement with many others that I have a devil-may-care attitude which is somewhat true. I tend to be very serious about my job and the company, but at other times I enjoy life, especially since mine was spared and I am here to tell about it.

"Work hard, play harder." ;):D

I'm impressed with the lifestyles of several members here, but I'm kinda in awe of your life, and your outlook. B)

I don't suppose you'll ever visit the UK, but if you do, I hope you can make time for me to meet you. You've a great lesson to teach any of us, about living life .... :)

Reason for edit: Ambiguity removed.

Edited by FastFreddy2

I definitely will keep that in mind. Would enjoy accompanying me on a shoe shoping expedition?

E

I think I'd enjoy accompanying you to empty the trash can. ;)

As I may have mentioned before: I try to be a 'person' first, and a high heeler second. I'd be interested in talking to you, because you seem like someone who would keep me entertained, just by talking. [About anything.] You've a great outlook, and one I'd like to hear more about.

You've an interest in heels because you're a woman, who I think, enjoys her femininity. [Over here, we might call you a girlie/girl.] This is a terribly attractive attribute to me....

Your adventures suggest that despite being a girlie/girl, you don't need a man to run your life, you're able to steer your own course. Again, this is a very attractive attribute.

All this character, and you like high heels? What's not to like? B)

Reason for edit: Grammar.

Edited by FastFreddy2

What's not to like? I am unable to enjoy trying-on and wearing both heels when shopping. But then, there is the sensation of pushing the envelope in one heel and crutches. Sorry to harp on that, but it is a thrill every morning or whenever dressing to slip into a heel and get up on my crutches and walk.

E

What's not to like? I am unable to enjoy trying-on and wearing both heels when shopping.

That's going to be a great disappointment to you, of course. :huh:

But I'm a little concerned you might perceive the active members here, as having the same attitude as some (but not all) of the active members of HHplace. I certainly have a thing for heels (both wearing and being worn by others), but it's not the driver of my life. There may have been short periods when it seemed that way to me, but experience tells me this was only because I had denied my interest in wearing heels.

Were I out shopping for heels with you, my thinking wouldn't be; "It's a shame E can't try on two shoes." I would be thinking more along the lines of; "Jeez, that leg looks stunning in that heel!" ;)

Meaning: I wouldn't be pre-occupied with what you hadn't got, but I'd be enjoying what you had.

Same is true of all of you really. I'm not looking for anyone's shortcomings, but looking to enjoy the pleasure and positive attitude a companion might bring? The way you write suggests you are one step ahead of us all, when it comes to being positive. B)

As I said before, "what's not to like?"

Can't think of anything else to say except Thanks

No response expected, though you're very welcome. B)