Sign in to follow this  
Love4heels

A Boring Day In Flat Shoes

I hate flat shoes, I dont feel comfortable and I have more pain in my legs wearing flats.

A full day only wearing flats is a boring day. Even when I`m on my motorcycle I hate wearing flat shoes.

What about you? Are you still comfortable wearing flat footwear?

Edited by Love4heels

I find even a very slight rise at the heel helps make my back more comfortable. I also find the kind of sandals made for men very flat and uncomfortable for my feet, and prefer a slight heel.

I read on the net a while back that a doctor recommended men to wear higher heels becouse always wearing flat, walking on concrete or steel as many male workers do, often resoults in painful heels.

I`m doubtfull he ment stiletto heels or very high heels, but at least raise the heel of the foot will help out many for heel/foot pain.

Personally I find 4" most comfortable.

Edited by Love4heels

I find even a very slight rise at the heel helps make my back more comfortable.

As I've mentioned before, I find the same.

Personally I find 4" most comfortable.

I don't know about 'comfortable', but it's a good height. High enough for me to feel like I've got heels on, but low enough for me to wear them discreetly. Anything higher, and I have to change how I walk. Bit of a give-away if the heels are over 4½ inches high, mostly due to lack of practice..... And I might have to reluctantly admit, my age. :huh:

The last pair of LSB heels I have from my younger days, were 'walk everywhere, and walk all night' shoes. They are almost 5½ inches high. Plainly my ability has reduced over the years.

I have to agree with the OP. flats are boring, while heels are fun. Heels are a little like having and awesome sports car, and when you go for a drive, you will drive everywhere, and never want to finish. The furthest I have walked in my 4" heeled hiking boots is 8 kilometers ( 5 miles). Stilettos may be fun, but for walking a slightly lower heel to about 4" is best, but it takes time for muscles etc to accommodate or become fit enough. I recommend short walks about 3 k at a time once a week, then after a month or so, more often as there will be no more discomfort in the calf muscles. Another important issue for walking is to have a low platform, to offer protection to the ball of the foot, otherwise a stone bruise can be very uncomfortable

I always regret for not wearing my heels, unless I go for a walk in the wood.

Anywear else, I prefer heels.

I think I`m in touch with my feminine side..hehe

I recommend short walks about 3 k at a time once a week, then after a month or so, more often as there will be no more discomfort in the calf muscles. Another important issue for walking is to have a low platform, to offer protection to the ball of the foot, otherwise a stone bruise can be very uncomfortable

Sound advice.

I really need to start making some time for this. :unsure: