Sign in to follow this  
Blacksheep

Newpics Uploaded To Gallery

A guy in daytime in 5" heels may not be a common sight, but if someone does notice, it needs to at least look in style. Baggy trousers over looks clumsy and is if one is ' pretending' that they aren't wearing heels and no one will notice, so to be bold, go slim fit, and show with style seems to me to be more positive.

As mentioned before, I tend to wear a "bootcut" style jean/trouser.

This tends to be (by my choice) a higher waisted style, fitted (not loose, but not 'tight' either) to around the knee, where a slight flare continues down to the bottom of the leg. Often, the slight flare is almost inperceptable. It allows me to wear a trouser or jean that makes the most of my slim legs, and include the boot heel, to make (through visual deception) my legs look longer. The inseam measurement of my jeans is 33". I have a couple of pairs with 34" that I would wear with shoes that have just about a 5" heel. With a single exception I'm aware of [New Look "Tall" range with jeans to 36" inseam], the 33/34 length is about as long a leg as you can get in womens jeans on the high street.

When I'm wearing a higher/thinner heel, I'm not looking to be noticed. If I am noticed, I'm not looking to help confirm my shoe style if I can avoid it either. :huh: The bootcut jean is a very attractive style IMO, and one that suits my body shape/leg length with heels. While I do my bit (for myself mostly) in wearing heels in public, I'm not looking for any bravery awards by becoming a martyr to the cause. ;)

Last night I walked past well over 2000 people in the course of my evening. [Or they walked past me.] The only person who spotted me in heels was a female door-person on the outside of a hotel, who was there -primarily- to get a glimpse of the fireworks in Hyde Park. Had she not been there watching me walk past her (twice), I'd have had the benefit of a night out in heels, with no-one but me and my wife being aware. Which we are very happy about. B):)

I have uploaded one new pic. I found the look and feel to be quite interesting. It was quite obvious that people tended to notice from cars etc. no comments of course, these are only 3" heels so feel more like flats. Your comments please. Are they a little too provocative for a male wearer?

I like the style/look of courts/pumps with jeans turned up. I doubt I would go public with that look as i'm more of boot wearer in public.

It is provocotive but if you are happy with the look and can handle the states etc go for it.

Your comments please. Are they a little too provocative for a male wearer?

In responding to your request for comments, I will assume you are looking for comments as you are dressed in the picture.

There was a time when rolled up jeans and flat-ish shoes were popular. If memory serves, it would be be America circa 1940's/1950's. The style was known as 'bobby-socks'. Mix them with blue jeans to get the youth-at-play look.

Even with the socks, I've never found it a particularly attractive look, even when worn by a woman. And I'm afraid it looks no better when worn by a man. :huh:

Am I way off the mark, by thinking this picture is less about a dressing style [men in heels style] and more about a statement? For example, a statement of individualism, art, self expression?

The notion is supported by the question I feel. "Provocative", indicating that perhaps you expect the look to incite some response? (As indeed it would over here, despite the legendary English reserve. :( )

Edited by FastFreddy2

Freddy has put my feelings on that look in words better than I could. I don't like that look at all, male or female. Roll down the jeans, for a decent look, unless provoking reaction is the intent.

Up loaded one new pic. These are stretch jeans, size 72 same as women's size 8. 6" platform heels, the plats are 1" so plenty of elevation with these shoes

These are stretch jeans, size 72 same as women's size 8.

6" platform heels, the plats are 1" so plenty of elevation with these shoes

A UK8 jean might have you with something like a 26-28 inch waist, depending on the brand. Impressively slim! B) Though there seems to be very little excess body weight on you anyway. ;) Very slender legs if the profile of the jeans is an indicator?

The shoes are not a colour scheme I would wear, BUT they do look good on you. Glad the socks have been left off this time, which (now) shows your foot and shoe to much better advantage. B)

The upper strap design does look attractive too, wide bands suggesting a very comfortable fit despite the 5" rise. Yep, nice choice. B)

Thanks Freddy, yes I agree I don't really like the colour of these shoes, I bought them more for their height and comfort, with little thought about what may or may not go with them. Blue was an option, and I think I would be tempted to wear blue out publicly, but I think more suitable for evening wear as opposed to daytime

It's not the colour group I dislike, it's that I wear black shoes, and that's it. I have some red shoes, but not for wearing out. (So far anyway. ;))

With those sandals I would wear black trousers, and light brown (beige) top or shirt. Any earth colour (greens, browns) above a black trouser will mix with brown and black footwear. Not sure about blue on brown, though a brown boot is gonna be quite popular under a blue jean in Texas. ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2

hi, just up loaded some pics to gallery. two are wearing my 4" heeled hikingboots along with blue jeans and cuffs turned up a little. your comments would be appreciated

Continue to remember you as the fella in high heeled "hiking" boots. A contradiction, as I've mentioned before.

However, seems I may have to eat my words: :D

post-40-0-89189900-1357132189_thumb.jpg

Hiking boot? Really? :D

It is surprising how far one can walk in heeled hiking boots, 10 k (6 miles) no trouble at all.

I just put up two more pics, peep toes 5" stilettos with tight skinny jeans. Tell what you like or don't like

Evidence of your fitness regime is startling. You have the upper torso of a fit 20 year old. B)

If we ever get dry weather, I will need to follow your good example. ;)

(Sorry, not fussed about the shoes. Deeply jealous of your shape though.)

Thanks for your kind words Freddy. If I don't feel 60, so why should I look 60? I bought my first ever pair of running shoes the other day to keep up with our stupid dog. I feel that walking in heels has really helped my leg muscles because I can run 1.5 k with out stopping, which is probably a first for me as I have never been into running. I still weight 67kg, not carrying to much weight helps too

I have just set up a new group on Flickr called " men wearing skinny jeans and high heels" love to have loads of pics from lots of new members. The safety level I have set so all members can add pics, but they still need to be clean.

I feel that walking in heels has really helped my leg muscles because I can run 1.5 k with out stopping.......

I've made a similar conclusion and said as much. ;)

Almost 5 years ago, when I got back into heels, I would walk the streets after dark several times a week. I'd take a mile to mile and a half usually, and at least once a month, a three mile walk. I lost a lot of weight where it mattered; around my waist. I honestly believe walking in heels improves your core muscle strength, more effectively than doing the same walking in flat shoes.

I'd like to do the same volume as you, but I don't enjoy being out in (very) cold weather, nor out in the rain. We've had more than our fair share over the last couple of years, so my exercise regime seldom goes past 6 hour shopping trips. :wacko: All of Brits are hoping we get a summer this year ...... :unsure:

I have uploaded a couple of pics of my new low cut ankle boots. They are size 9 but fitted, just a tad tight. They didnt have size 10 in black only a dark red. Anyway, the size 9 ns were great around home etc, but when i went to wear them for a walk, being a little tight made them uncomfortable, so i decided to to buy a pair of the dark red in my size. Again they are a beutiful heel and easier to walk in than pumps or courts, as one does not tend to occasionaly step out of the shoe. Inreally would like. A pair of calf length, point toe stiletto boots, but they just arent available in any of the regular shoe shops. The ankle boots on sale. Cost $25. Nz a pair

I have uploaded a couple of pics of my new low cut ankle boots.

Seen and remarked. ;)B)

Would like to see the red ones too, if you have time. :)

Wow freddy, love the pumps in your avatar. Yes there will be pics comming for the red one. Went for a long (day time ). Day time walk in them today, they are soooooo comfy

Wow freddy, love the pumps in your avatar.

Thank you. :) Short vid of me in them. >> Clicky << Same shoe, 4 colours. (All mine! :D) >> <<

Yes there will be pics comming for the red one. Went for a long (day time ). Day time walk in them today, they are soooooo comfy

Comfy, and inexpensive. ;)B)

Edited by FastFreddy2

The most awesome walk i have ever taken was today in my new stiletto heeled low cut ankle boots, i had just stepped out when i met a young women wearing 5" wedge heels and had legs up to her armpits. She loved to see men wearing heels, so after i offered her a smoke we walked together to her destination which was close to where i was going. It was so awesome walking with someone with so much in common. Both of us walked about the same speed and just chtted along the way. I wasnt even aware of my surroundings as i still tend to be keeping an eye out for anyone taking undue attention, not that that really happens, as i am sure more would have been looking at her rather than at me

i had just stepped out when i met a young women wearing 5" wedge heels and had legs up to her armpits.

I'd have been looking around for my dead body ...... :huh: (Thinking I had died and gone to Paradise? ;):D)

That's a walk I wouldn't have wanted to end either! Lucky man. B)

Very nice boots Blacksheep, look ideal for street heeling, and as for that walk..... You lucky so and so! Hope you got her number for more heeling rendevouz!

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2013 at 5:41 AM, Blacksheep said:

The most awesome walk i have ever taken was today in my new stiletto heeled low cut ankle boots, i had just stepped out when i met a young women wearing 5" wedge heels and had legs up to her armpits. She loved to see men wearing heels, so after i offered her a smoke we walked together to her destination which was close to where i was going. It was so awesome walking with someone with so much in common. Both of us walked about the same speed and just chtted along the way. I wasnt even aware of my surroundings as i still tend to be keeping an eye out for anyone taking undue attention, not that that really happens, as i am sure more would have been looking at her rather than at me

Damn, what a great experience for sure.....I am always hoping someone will ask me for a cig while I'm out in my boots, that helps lead into discussion and compliments....

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2013 at 12:50 PM, Blacksheep said:

Thanks for your kind words Freddy. If I don't feel 60, so why should I look 60? I bought my first ever pair of running shoes the other day to keep up with our stupid dog. I feel that walking in heels has really helped my leg muscles because I can run 1.5 k with out stopping, which is probably a first for me as I have never been into running. I still weight 67kg, not carrying to much weight helps too

Good for you buddy, you sure don't look 60 years of age, have fun buddy