Sign in to follow this  
Blacksheep

Newpics Uploaded To Gallery

hi, just up loaded some pics to gallery. two are wearing my 4" heeled hikingboots along with blue jeans and cuffs turned up a little. your comments would be appreciated

the other pic which didnt come out so well is of my 3" oxfords which are the heels you wear when not wearing heels and suitable for almost all occasions. rather discrete.

let me know what your thoughts are

let me know what your thoughts are

Loving the 4" hiking boots! [bit of a contradiction though 'hiking boots with 4" heels?' wink.gifbiggrin.gif ]

I'm sure with the jeans rolled down to their regular position, your heels would be as good as invisible. cool.gif Quite sturdy, too, so no slipping or sliding mishaps.

On a general style note [and this is a social comment, not a critical revue.] With your winter coat, and roadworks in the background, you could be anywhere in the UK. If I remember, you are actually in NZ? When I first looked at the pictures, I had to have a really good look to make sure it wasn't somewhere in the home counties I should recognise....wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Back to the shoes and outfits ....

That first piccy with the 3" Oxfords is difficult to read unfortunately. It really does look you have regular shoes on, which I guess means the outfit works? wink.gifcool.gif

Thanks for your comments freddy. It isn't a construction zone yet, still a demolition zone with around 700 building disappearing. It was the first day of giving the general public acces into the center of town as it is becoming safer to do so and there were a lot of people around taking pics etc. I got really brave and rolled by jeans up, but often I wear the boots with trousers over. The 3" oxfords cover really well and do look just like regular shoes, with maybe a little more heel than one would normally see.

And yes it is the beginning of winter, still only light frosts and a wee bit of snow on the mountains, not real winter yet, but certainly cooler with a sou west wind blowing

Edited by Blacksheep

With these hiking boots, the first pair I had I fitted three sets of heel tips before the soles fell off and the vinyl delaminates. The current pair I am almost due to replace the heel tips first time round. The first pair lasted about 100 kilometers of walking. Heel tips last about 30 kilomtres

It isn't a construction zone yet, still a demolition zone with around 700 building disappearing. It was the first day of giving the general public acces into the center of town as it is becoming safer to do so and there were a lot of people around taking pics etc.

Is this earthquake damage? sad.gif

Edited by FastFreddy2

And yes it is the beginning of winter, still only light frosts and a wee bit of snow on the mountains, not real winter yet, but certainly cooler with a sou west wind blowing

With these hiking boots, the first pair I had I fitted three sets of heel tips before the soles fell off and the vinyl delaminates. The current pair I am almost due to replace the heel tips first time round. The first pair lasted about 100 kilometers of walking. Heel tips last about 30 kilomtres

Impressed! cool.gif

You for walking it, the shoes for surviving. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I like the black patent courts too. More details on those would be welcome. As a constructive tip, sandals [mens or womens] seldom [if ever] look attractive with socks on. I get it might be cold, but socks with sandals...... blink.gif

Might be a Pacific Rim thing? In my old home town, there's a LOT of Chinese students, mostly here from China. It's not at all unusual to see the girls wearing ankle socks with shoes. Might be okay under trousers, but not with the length of leg revealing skirt they usually wear.

Us Brit men are famous [or infamous] for wearing socks while out in the sun in sandals. [Other Europeans think we are style-less morons.] Even Mrs Freddy thinks it's bad form for me to consider socks while not covering my legs....... Even if I'm wearing trainers. Young men folk [anyone under 30] won't wear socks in casual shoes as a style statement.

Keep the pictures coming though. cool.gif Background to them, also very welcome. smile.gif

As a constructive tip, sandals [mens or womens] seldom [if ever] look attractive with socks on. I get it might be cold, but socks with sandals...... blink.gif

Look better? [Not sure myself.]

post-40-0-93559500-1337899799_thumb.jpg

Certainly shows off the height of the heel better. cool.gif Don't know why, but it seems to?

Edited by FastFreddy2
  • Like 1

Look better? [Not sure myself.]

post-40-0-93559500-1337899799_thumb.jpg

Certainly shows off the height of the heel better. cool.gif Don't know why, but it seems to?

Thanks for your comments Freddy, some times I wear with socks sometimes not. Socks do take up some slack, but they can also cause tight spots near the toes. Still doing lots of walking in my boots, defiantly wear socks with them. Cheers

.... some times I wear with socks sometimes not. Socks do take up some slack, but they can also cause tight spots near the toes. Still doing lots of walking in my boots, defiantly wear socks with them. Cheers

This issue has been a long standing problem for me.

I like my boots to be fairly tight. If my feet move around, I feel unstable in heels. I prefer tight hose [support stocking tight] and usually get away with wearing two pairs of opaque footsies. I also like thin socks with little or no seams, though I struggle to find them. I'm lucky in that I don't suffer much foot discomfort, even when I've got broken skin. [story is posted elsewhere.]

Thin skin coloured hose looks good with sandals [and court shoes], but I have always associated older [women] folk wearing socks with sandals. A memory from my almost forgotten childhood perhaps?

My tastes aren't everyone's, so I'd only go so far as to suggest a change. I'm never being mean when I try to guide others to the 'righteous' path, wink.gif and am always respectful of the choices people have made. cool.gif

All that aside, you can certainly 'walk the walk', and in respectably high heels too. I'm sure we could all learn a thing or two from your experiences. cool.gif

This issue has been a long standing problem for me.

I like my boots to be fairly tight. If my feet move around, I feel unstable in heels. I prefer tight hose [support stocking tight] and usually get away with wearing two pairs of opaque footsies. I also like thin socks with little or no seams, though I struggle to find them. I'm lucky in that I don't suffer much foot discomfort, even when I've got broken skin. [story is posted elsewhere.]

Thin skin coloured hose looks good with sandals [and court shoes], but I have always associated older [women] folk wearing socks with sandals. A memory from my almost forgotten childhood perhaps?

My tastes aren't everyone's, so I'd only go so far as to suggest a change. I'm never being mean when I try to guide others to the 'righteous' path, wink.gif and am always respectful of the choices people have made. cool.gif

All that aside, you can certainly 'walk the walk', and in respectably high heels too. I'm sure we could all learn a thing or two from your experiences. cool.gif

Forget about heels, what do you think when you see some one in jandels (flip flops) with socks? I know several people who do that, also you v

Can buy socks with ties to suit jandels. I still prefer heels

Forget about heels, what do you think when you see some one in jandels (flip flops) with socks?

No-one in the UK would wear socks with flip flops, [no more than they would have a bath with their socks on]. Wearing socks with flip-flops would be something so unusual, people would [literally] stare ...... mellow.gif

With the young and trendy who I already mentioned wouldn't wear socks with any casual shoes, one of them wearing socks with flip-flops would be considered a serious style faux-pas. Older folk, might just think the wearer was a bit 'soft' of mind. biggrin.gif

Until about 7/8 years ago, you might never see an umbrella held up by an adult when the Sun shone. Never. A baby might have a small one covering it while it was in a push-chair [aka pusher], to protect it from the heat, but that would be it.

Chinese visitors, [students], Indo-Chinese and African immigrants have changed that. Now, not so unusual to see women in particular, walking about with a lightweight brolly hiding their skin from the sunshine. I can understand that. We are not used to it, but it would have been like that in the UK before Coco Chanel made sun tans popular. [A hundred years ago, poor people here had tans, rich folk had enough money to stay away from the Sun and keep a pale complexion.]

Ms Chanel is responsible for a lot of skin cancer, be it inadvertently. Times might change a little, and lonterm skin care might increase the popularity of untanned skin once again, amongst the indigenous population here.

But socks in casual shoes? Please, no? wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by FastFreddy2

I've just seen one of the pictures Wave [Austria] has uploaded, him in court shoes - and knee socks. I haven't seen this since I was at school, and the girls there too young to be wearing tights .....

That said, I notice Madonna has in one of her video's, worn knee high hose with shoes? Okay, I'm not at the cutting face of fashion, but even if I were, I'd still think "that doesn't work". Typical wearer of knee high hose in the UK, would be an older lady wearing trousers, or more usually she would be wearing a long skirt. I have very much in mind, my elderly [83 year old] mother when I make this comment.

Maybe fashion is moving on [backward] and I just don't get it? To me, socks are for trousers worn by men, and children in short trousers or dresses. I've seen very little to indicate this isn't the case from my limited exposure to younger people here in the UK and abroad [Europe].

About every 6 years or so, a style of Winter over-knee sock becomes slightly popular, but seldom mainstream.

Oh, and I've just realised; the national dress of Scotland includes knee high socks. But the daggers tucked in them, seem to make them much less feminine. ;)

New pic uploaded wearing skinny jeans and 4" heeled hiking boots. Had a young skate boarder come by. " are they your boots you're wearing ? , yes they are my boots. " they are so awesome" , yes they are very comfortable for walking in" is that a heel they have?" yes a small heel. "they are so cool" then off he went

Had a young skate boarder come by. " are they your boots you're wearing ? , yes they are my boots. " they are so awesome" , yes they are very comfortable for walking in" is that a heel they have?" yes a small heel. "they are so cool" then off he went

Again, not how it would have gone over here. ;):D

"Oi mate! D'ya know you put ya girlfriends shoes on this morning?" :rolleyes:;):D

Already been said a couple of times, but you are probably the bravest person here. B)

Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks Freddy. Had two guys today say in en elevated voice" hi yaaaaaaa" then his mate went " smooch, smooch, smooch"

Doesn't happen like that often. Cheers

Did you check the new pic I taken and uploaded?

In my point of view, it looks the way it should look...I might have a twisted point of view about footwear, but for me flats does not look normal.

On your picture, it all looks normal.

Well done!.. :)

Thanks love4 heels, they are so comfortable to wear, I just love to walk and walk in them, usually between 4 and 6 kilometers in a two hour lunch break, then multiply that by four days a week and the boots wear out about 100 kilomtres so need heel tips, do heel tips twice then the boots are stuffed.

I just love to walk and walk in them, usually between 4 and 6 kilometers in a two hour lunch break, then multiply that by four days a week and the boots wear out about 100 kilomtres so need heel tips, do heel tips twice then the boots are stuffed.

I too enjoy walking in heels, and maybe it's the thing I enjoy most about them. Sure I like a high heel, and a shoe or boot with a nice shape, but the best bit is the walking in them. When leaving a part-time job around 2 or 3 years ago, often at 2 or 3am, I would use the longest/quietest route home I could. The walk just a little short of 2 miles. Bliss!

At the time I'd gotten fairly fit I was walking so much, and may explain the slender shape of himself [blacksheep] in his pictures?

Not only the bravest here, but the fittest too? ;):D

I have uploaded 3 pics of some new ankle boots I bought $17.00 for the pair so how could I not buy them. They have a full 5" heel plus another 1/2" inside of the heel. With a 3/4" platform. Not so great for long walks but 2 kilometers is ok. I deed pics with cuff turned up and some with cuffs down interested in what your preference is, I have found cuffs down tend to suit my style better, but St

Till interested in your thoughts

Difficult question for me.

With those jeans, 'the look' seems to be better with jeans turned up. I suspect because they are a fairly slim fit and can't lay past your ankles (as with most drain-pipe styles), a turn up (as we would call it here) would be fairly normal. You'd have a turn up, otherwise with the jeans usually a tad long, they'd gather a bit around the ankle and just look baggy. [You'd have to buy them long because few people are stupid enough to buy them short.]

A slim jean looks better without 'gather' wrinkles around the ankle in most circumstances, so the cuff up [bottom 'turned up'] does look better?

That said ..... Most girls here wouldn't usually wear a jean showing off all the shoe, and especially not all the heel. They (and I) would tend to cover the heel, using a style with a longer leg. In your case, a jean with a longer leg by at least another 4 inches. Why? Well, to make their legs look longer, (so more attractive) and probably make them look slimmer too. [Also making them -and their legs- more attractive overall.]

For this reason, I have 2 sets of jeans, regular 'boy' shoe length jean/trousers, and longer 'girl' shoe jeans. I have at least three times as many 'girl' length jeans and trousers .... Not sure why. ;):P:D

If I had a working camera with me, a visit to Zara the other day would have illustrated my point very well. I think the photo I tried to take with my phone, didn't work out.

I was in there in the store getting Mrs Freddy to try some styles, knowing full well there was little chance she'd buy some, but she was good camouflage for me to try a pair (or two) while others were they trying on shoes too. While we were there, a very petite lady was also shopping with her taller husband/SO. She had on very very high heels, given she was shopping, and she was not much younger than me. [Older women generally wear heels less as they get older, seems to me.]

She had jeans on that practically covered her heel, and it might have been her legs were so short the jeans had to be worn that way anyway. It made her legs look like a regular length either way. My preference would have been a slightly wider bottom [flared - we call "bootcut" here] so the line of the trouser flowed over the ankle. Unsurprisingly called 'bootcut' for wearing with a high heeled boot (or high heel). Because these jeans were a bit tight, they gave away the outline of the shoe, and actually showed where her leg stopped. So did not look as good as it could have.

I use a stretch jean with either a bootcut style, or a straight leg stretch jean with enough give to effortlessly cover a heel without defining the outline of of heel. [As you might have seen with the lady I describe.]

Conclusion:

Cuff up, but would have looked more 'trendy' with bootcut jean hiding the heel and making you look taller/leaner. Not that you don't look lean enough. ;)B)

P.S.

I DID get a picture! (And it's confirmed .... I'm going senile. :( )

post-40-0-71737500-1347096582_thumb.jpg

While being a less than perfect image, hopefully the shape of the shoe can be seen through the (too tight) jeans. If she had been wearing a bootcut jean, no-one would have known (or noticed) she was wearing platform shoes with 6 inch heels.

Edited by FastFreddy2

FF, I also prefer that the jeans cover the footwear.

But still i like the way Blacksheeps jeans and footwear comes out....

But for myself, my jeans will cover the shoes.. :)

FF, I also prefer that the jeans cover the footwear.

But still i like the way Blacksheeps jeans and footwear comes out....

But for myself, my jeans will cover the shoes.. :)

We are agreed. ;)B)

He's a lot braver than me too, as I would never show off my heels in public, much less in daylight. :huh:

Thanks for your comments, it was one of those times when I was felling confident in a particular look, however with these new boots which are an inch higher. Than I have been wearing and with higher elevation I could no longer cover all of boot, and the stretch jeans were tight around the boot when over boot without cuffs turned up. It made we then wonder, what does look better. A guy in daytime in 5" heels may not be a common sight, but if someone does notice, it needs to at least look in style. Baggy trousers over looks clumsy and is if one is ' pretending' that they aren't wearing heels and no one will notice, so to be bold, go slim fit, and show with style seems to me to be more positive.