Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

New Phone And Ooops

I just got a free upgrade for renewing my mobile contract and chose a Google Android powered handset. I linked it to my Google account and sat playing around early this morning. I looked at the Gallery on the phone and found it had picked up my Picasa account (Google owned) and was showing all my Picasa pictures. I had moved any old pics I had of me in heels to Picasa as nobody at my house can access that account, but now they were all showing up on my phone, which gets used by almost everyone for making calls, taking pics etc. as it lays around the house while I am at work.

Could have been awkward explaining that to my daughters when they looked at the pics they'd taken :blink:

Just moved them all again lol.

One advantage to living alone. I don't have to worry about such things. LOL ;-)

I can think of a couple more. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I had a look around Picasa the other evening when uploading my Camden piccies. I was experiencing some problems getting the pictures uploaded to the right album, and did some on-line searches for help.

Seems Google is trying [Like Microsoft] to rule the world, taking on Facebook with Google+.

I already get freaked out with You Tube and email being linked. I don't [officially] do Facebook, as I don't feel the need to share my toilet habits with the world......

We have a family friend, with a 22 year old daughter with a 'thing' for heels. I have the occasional glance over Mrs Freddy's shoulder to look at the latest additions to her collection, but that's about as useful as Facebook gets for me. The family friend though, shares everything about herself to her friends. Everything. And likes to spend time in front of a camera. She's pretty, but then most 22 years are these days....

With Google keeping our emails, our picture albums, and details of linked family history [Google+] they effectively monitor our lives.....

They only monitor what you give them and allow them to use... :-)

They only monitor what you give them and allow them to use... :smile:

Yeah, that's what it says in my manual too.

Buy just because it's in writing, it doesn't make it true.....

I'm not one of the; "if you've done nothing wrong, you've nothing to worry about" brigade. I've first hand experience of how innocuous remarks can be revisited with a different spin.

There's certainly no benefit to anyone from revealing my toilet habits to the world, and I think the world would probably agree. ;):D

Just added some images to the gallery which were taken with the new phone at Bicester outlet village. Hopefully there is enough detail to see some heels in the shoe shops there :)

Bear in mind I was with all my family and didn't really want to answer questions as to why all the shoe pictures so they were taken quickly when I could sneak away for a moment ;)

Well, the images have tantalised me enough, that I've decided a visit there is overdue. ;)

It's a bit of a cross-country romp for me, but the shoes alone will doubtless make it worthwhile. I won't be buying, but Mrs Freddy might. She likes a "bargain". :D

Looking in the two shops I've posted pics of the heels were quite expensive, and very high. I kept wandering off on my own while wifey was handbag shopping to get a better look at the shoe shops..

Another trip to Bicester Village today, had a look around and spotted a couple of interesting heels...

post-46-0-52492300-1343573522_thumb.jpg

The last ones a pair of boots

post-46-0-47529500-1343573780_thumb.jpg

One other thing which is worth mentioning, but no photos I'm afraid, was the heels on some Ugg boots and even Ugg mules in the Ugg outlet store at Bicester. Here are some links, the prices are slightly lower at Bicester as it's an outlet site

http://www.uggaustralia.co.uk/womens-fabrice-leather-boots/1001267,en_GB,pd.html?dwvar_1001267_color=BLK&start=25&cgid=women-boots-fashion

http://www.uggaustralia.co.uk/womens-carnagie-architectural-wedge-mid-boot/1001317,en_GB,pd.html?dwvar_1001317_color=BLK&start=22&cgid=women-boots-fashion

Hope you like the selection, I wasn't there for me but managed to talk Mrs Shyguy into the Ugg shop and waiting while I photographed the other shoes

Great photo's, and good undercover work. ;) B)

I had a double-take when I saw both the original, and sale prices. :o While they are without doubt works of art on your feet, they are far too elaborate (and expensive) for my tastes. ;)

I have to 'fess up and admit I still haven't been this year. It's a bit of a trek, and only worthwhile if the weather stays dry. True we had 5 dry days last week .... :rolleyes: But not enough [dry days] to persuade Mrs Freddy that planning a trip would be a plan worth making. The weather has again become unpredictable. Even the weather men have started describing it as "unsettled" with "sunny outlook with showers, some of them heavy in places." Which describes the UK weather for pretty much 300 days of the 365..... :huh:

I'd really like to go. ;)

I was trying to get down some of the side streets off the main route through the "Village" but every effort was cut off. A couple of interesting shoe shops are nestled down those side streets which may have yielded some more interesting and expensive shoes...

I still don't have a suitable camera to record any 'points of interest', so maybe I need to wait anyway. I'm warming to an Olympus Tough, though Sony also have an interesting camera about to be announced - literally - any day now. Looks more like a phone than a camera, but is in fact a glass fronted camera? Only drawback, is likely to be price. :o Released in the US for $500 [likely £400 in UK] look for Sony Cyber-shot TX200V.... :wub:

Just read in one of the Sony user forums, they are not going to release the TX200V in Europe. Are they nuts? :rolleyes: Available on an auction site, grey imported from abroad ..... At around £300 which is a good price. But ..... If it goes wrong?

Looks like the Olympus Tough 820 or 620 it is then.

Was at Bicester yesterday. Taking photo's inside shops was almost impossible. Light levels not great [auto-focussing difficult.] Security people watching your every move. Probably not a stopper, but made me feel uncomfortable. Me in heels as a kick-start to that feeling. Very few shop windows with products in them.

Didn't see the Charlotte Olympia shop. It's not on the hardcopy shop listing we picked up. Not mentioned on-line either, but it's plainly there somewhere? :huh:

Full report on "Meetings" thread.

Edited by FastFreddy2

I saw a pen camera advertised in the Sunday Mail, useful for discreet and covert filming and I thought it might be useful, only downside is no ability to review your pictures.

i am not sure if it was a "Dodgy" gimmick or not so I didnt save the link..

the silent camera app that I got for the iphone does seem to do what it says on the tin...

You could have just turned the sound of on the iphone while you took the picture then turned it back on

I was trying to get down some of the side streets off the main route through the "Village" but every effort was cut off. A couple of interesting shoe shops are nestled down those side streets which may have yielded some more interesting and expensive shoes...

Was at Bicester yesterday. Taking photo's inside shops was almost impossible. Light levels not great [auto-focussing difficult.] Security people watching your every move. Probably not a stopper, but made me feel uncomfortable. Me in heels as a kick-start to that feeling. Very few shop windows with products in them.

Didn't see the Charlotte Olympia shop. It's not on the hardcopy shop listing we picked up. Not mentioned on-line either, but it's plainly there somewhere? :huh:

Think the mystery is solved ......

As a reminder, shyguys' Charlotte Olympia photo >> Clicky <<

Opening scene, screen captured shot from my Bicester video. ["Last minute meetings" thread] >> Clicky <<

Name over the shop front now is Havaianas. The flip-flop [beach shoe] company. :(

Edited by FastFreddy2