Sign in to follow this  
BobHH

Name Brand Shoes!

Well, I went overboard and bought some Sam Edelman wedges, style "Josie." Saw them advertised on line at quite a few stores or sites, but almost all of them showed a top size of 10 USW, pretty typical for nice shoes. But, Nordstrom and Zappos advertised up to size 12. Advertised as 4 3/4 in. heel and a 1 in. platform. I bought them in size 12 for $150. Turns out to be a 1 1/4 in. platform and 6 in. heel in that size. They are delightfully high! A couple of weeks later, Zappos price is down 25%. Rats, but too late. Nordstrom still at full price.

Pics follow.

post-59-0-62842200-1336024165_thumb.jpgpost-59-0-53601400-1336024180_thumb.jpg

Turns out to be a 1 1/4 in. platform and 6 in. heel in that size. They are delightfully high! A couple of weeks later, Zappos price is down 25%. Rats, but too late. Nordstrom still at full price.

Pics follow.

post-59-0-62842200-1336024165_thumb.jpgpost-59-0-53601400-1336024180_thumb.jpg

Always nice to get a discount, but paying the going rate for something you like, is probably better than discounted shoes that have already sold out. [been there a few times. sad.gif]

Great style. cool.gif

Still fond of a high wedge myself. wink.gif $150 though .... huh.gif But then a 4¾" rise ....... wub.gif