Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Girlie Styles

My curiosity is winning out over practicality. I would wear the boot on business up north in the cold of winter, but carry a pump or even a sandal in my bag for wear while indoors. I did not see anything as to the height of the heel or thickness of the platform of the court pump - would love to try one.

E

Bit of crossover here .... but girlie pink pumps from Steve Madden. Not the best link, and the colour is a bit off. They are bright pink when seen in the flesh and have a 4½" high heel.

I think that I would wear these (Shame they don't do my size!) not sure I would get much wear out n about..... Though I'm sure I could find an excuse to wear these

Tempting very tempting, but I shall restrain myself..... I'm still watching those nine west heels if you notice them cone down in price....

Spotted today in Dorothy Perkins.

Bright red patent court, at £17 in size 8. [i like a red shiny shoe.] ;)

post-40-0-84555600-1344460772_thumb.jpg

Something slightly racy about red shoes. B)

I like a shiny red shoe too, been tempted to buy some a few times but know they'd not be wearable outdoors.

I like a shiny red shoe too, been tempted to buy some a few times but know they'd not be wearable outdoors.

You'll need to stay away from Schuh then? ;):P:D

Very unwearable. But stunningly attractive. :wub:

http://m.zappos.com/product/7827126/color/1141

Not sure how well that will work being posted from my mobile.

I tried these but the darn things didn't fit right. Snapped a few pics I'll post later.

RSVP makes nice shoes and I own several but sizing is inconsistent. Every shoe of theirs fits completely different. For that brand my size is anywhere from 11W - 13(us). :/

Here's some girly ones for you

post-46-0-82100000-1344695197_thumb.jpg

Perfect shoes for a bride. B) If ever I'm stupid enough to go though that again .....

From where, please?

Although I had a size 8 in front of me (sold out of that size on-line), no point in trying them on... For obvious reasons.... :huh:

From Schuh:

post-40-0-68376600-1344783043_thumb.jpg

And from the >>

<< (Edited by me.) Looks best when in Full-Screen mode. B)

P.S.

For completeness..... Reviews from buyers:

Christine ****

08/08/2012

Stunning shoes - look very expensive, so an absolute bargain in the sale. My only worry is they are very high heels, so after a couple of glasses of wine i may well be keeping a pair of flats in my handbag for back up!

Anna *****

10/07/2012

Perfect sizing and comfortable, just be warned you will need to be a high heel aficionado to walk any distances or dance in these shoes! They are pretty and well made, i just wish they came with a smaller heel sadly mine are going back.

Louise *******

08/05/2012

Beautiful shoes, just wish I could walk in them. Unfortunately too high for me so I've returned them.

Edited by FastFreddy2

Perfect shoes for a bride. B) If ever I'm stupid enough to go though that again .....

From where, please?

Not a remark aimed at being married BTW, [or being married to the lovely Mrs Freddy], but the stress of a large-ish family wedding in a church. Not a problem if you are in your 20's, but I wasn't. ;):D In fact I was convinced I would remain a bachelor, until age slowed me down enough for cupid to get a better shot with his love bow. :D

@shyguy.

No indicator of the source for the 'wedding' shoes you linked earlier? :huh:

I did try to find out but the trail just led back to a fashion obsessed teens facebook page where she was throwing up new pics every few minutes. It appeared on my facebook through someone I knew liking the picture. Sorry.

I did try to find out but the trail just led back to a fashion obsessed teens facebook page where she was throwing up new pics every few minutes. It appeared on my facebook through someone I knew liking the picture. Sorry.

I get that with You Tube. OOTD type vid's. Everyone wants to be a performer. :rolleyes::D

Thanks for looking though. B)

Seen on an auction site:

post-40-0-92165600-1347097828_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-72042500-1347097839_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-98423800-1347097861_thumb.jpg

Notice the 'flower' detail? It's a removable 'comfort' band that keeps the shoe in place. I struggle (as does Mrs Freddy) to keep court style shoes on, because shoe makers no longer shape the back of the heel as tightly as they used to. ie. years ago, court shoes MUST have had a tighter curve on the heel of their shoes, to keep them on the wearer's foot. [As mentioned elsewhere on the internet, the basis for retaining the foot, is that it's effectively wedged into the shoe.] People suffering with heel blisters, seems to have changed that basic design? I seldom see these blisters, though they used to be quite frequent with new shoes, 30+ years ago.

I guess, owner comfort became a selling requirement? Anyway, recently I've noticed more and more of these 'bands' being used by girls wearing court shoes, with the bands keeping the heel of the wearer inside the shoe while walking. This Kurt Geiger style, making a feature of that comfort band, and allowing the choice of it being worn, to be completely discretionary. Two styles, one shoe purchase! B)

Edited by FastFreddy2