Sign in to follow this  
Ludovic

Shopping With Wife (For Her)

So my wife wanted some shoes for her workplace. We started to have a look around and went to Globo shoes (I believe owned by Aldo). Well although she did try on a few pairs we left empty handed.

Now the funny part is when we a clerk wearing a striped black and white shirt, green pants and pink heels. First we commented to ourselves on her outift choice, but when we got out, I told my wife the following:

"She looked funky, but God, I swear I can walk better in heels than she did!"

My wife laughed and said I was funny. Now she I like heels, that I have a pair of stripper sandals and boots and once in a while lets/asks me to stretch out her new heels. (She wears size US 9 and I wear 9.5).

I tried to push and query on her comment but she wouldn't go further. She's not ready for me to wear heels with her tagging along...

Now the funny part is when we a clerk wearing a striped black and white shirt, green trousers and pink heels.

I've taken the liberty of correcting your English. wink.gifbiggrin.gif "Slacks" (a casual but smart trouser over here) would have sufficed, but the way it read, she was reported as standing in her underwear. wink.gif Sorry, just can't help myself. blink.gif

Back on thread.....

Sounds like an interesting situation? I think (given I know very little of your circumstances), your wife possibly isn't overly concerned about your interest in heels, provided it stays inside the home. I know for sure, until we had some experience of me wearing heels in public, Mrs Freddy was very anxious about the whole thing. Starting with her perception of the change in my previously 'manly' appearance, to even more anxiety over how other folk would react to seeing my heels. None of this situation initially, being appealing to her at all.

As a suggestion [one of many I've made] would finances allow an overnight city visit later in the year? I have in mind you acquire some modest heels without platforms. Preferably block heels? The overall look to be less feminine than your usual choice perhaps, so as to be less noticeable when you stride or sit. Were you to wear these in a city where many people are too busy to notice anything but themselves, or moderate sized crowds hide everything but faces and shoulders, some of your wife's reluctance [that I perceive] may remove itself?

The fact your comment drew laughter, suggests there's little or no tension in her from your interest. cool.gif

I've taken the liberty of correcting your English. wink.gifbiggrin.gif "Slacks" (a casual but smart trouser over here) would have sufficed, but the way it read, she was reported as standing in her underwear. wink.gif Sorry, just can't help myself. blink.gif

I said pants, not panties :) Pants = trousers, panties = knickers. I'm a French speaking lad who learned US English :P.

No harm done.

I said pants, not panties :) Pants = trousers, panties = knickers. I'm a French speaking lad who learned US English :P.

No harm done.

Oh dear. That means your ancestors, and my ancestors, have been fighting each other for the better part of a 1000 years? Strange we should have so much in common? wink.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Well over here, in England .... home to the English language ....... "pants" are mens undergarments. >> Clicky << biggrin.gif

But in the colonies, pants=trousers. Slacks=less formal pants/trousers.

Men's underwear=underpants, style could be jockey shorts or briefs or boxers. Skivvies for the old military types.

Ladies' underwear=panties - surely you've heard of panty raids in colleges?

Skivvies for the old military types.

There's a phrase I haven't heard for a long while..... "Caught with his skivvies around his ankles...." Often wondered the background to the term. wink.gif

Ladies' underwear=panties - surely you've heard of panty raids in colleges?

Sadly, no. I did all I could to prevent myself having a very sheltered youth, but I was very slow when younger. Still not the sharpest tool in the box, but at least now I have some understanding of the toolbox and my place in it. wink.gifbiggrin.gif Does sound like a lot of fun though? cool.gif