Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Wear 'em, Or Lose 'em....

Bit of a story .......

As some of you will know, I moved home a bit more than a year ago. In moving into the new house [aka the Building Site], I managed to consolidate a good amount of my footwear from 3 different locations.

In identifying them, ie looking in a box I may not have seen for 10 years, I found several pairs I'd forgotten I owned. One pair in particular, I distinctly remember buying whilst with Mrs Freddy in the early part of our relationship. At one of the two visits we made together to the L.F.M. I saw and fell in love a some shoes that looked very high. Now, I've mentioned many times I don't really do sandals because my feet fall through them, but not with these!

They might well have been made for my feet, and felt VERY pleasant to walk in, if a little difficult due to their height. In the day [some 16 or so years ago], platforms were not so de rigueur as they are now. In fact in some circles, these shoes might have (then) been considered 'special interest' shoes, possibly worn by ladies of dubious character? wink.gif

So I found these shoes again.... Sadly, the plastic on the heels seem to have deteriorated slightly. Also, one of the heels is no longer in the correct position - it points backward, ever so slightly. Bottom line, they are going for recycling. sad.gif It's a real shame. Not least because they fit so well, though I've never walked anywhere in them. It could be they shredded my feet?

I'm not sure, but I may have bought Mrs Freddy a pair too? Though since I didn't notice them during the move, it may mean they went for recycling some years ago and I wasn't copied into the memo. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I've included some pictures below.

Two feet

Closer 1

Closer 2

Me too.

I'm tempted to think to myself "Well, how often have you worn them?" And consider there's no great loss, but of course there is. Those that own it, don't wear every piece of jewellery they possess all the time. There's a satisfaction in knowing something of beauty is close by, and wearing it will make one feel good.

In some ways these shoes were a milestone in my relationship with Mrs Freddy, that I'd forgotten about. It had been me telling her my desire to wear heels hadn't completely gone away, and the absence of an argument of ownership, meant there must have been some [possibly resigned] acceptance on her part.