Sign in to follow this  
Ludovic

Some Shopping

I found a Payless store where I tried 2 pairs of heels, one in the Brash style, a heel of about 5 inches in color purple and the other heel was a shorter, maybe 3.5 inches, slingback in black patent leather. I was left alone completely. Not even sure the clerk saw what I tried.

Then I stopped at The Shoe Company store. I tried there an orange heel with a pink platform (could not find a picture). Then I tried a bright pink Guess heel that was lower. Then I saw a 6inch Madden Girl blue suede heel with a thicker heel. As I sat down to put them on, the clerk got closer, she had not seen me, much less that I was trying heels. When she turned the corner and saw the blue heels she flinched a bit but didn't loose the beat and asked me how they fit as I stood up and took a few steps around. She then showed me a pair that she liked which was bright red. She commented that it was lower than the towering heels I had on but she loved them. She then told me that if I wanted anything to let her know.

post-1031-0-59840600-1330644643_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-47062900-1330644778_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-21116300-1330644858_thumb.jp

When she turned the corner and saw the blue heels she flinched a bit but didn't loose the beat and asked me how they fit as I stood up and took a few steps around.

wink.gifbiggrin.gif Class.

Sounds like a great person, able to think on her feet, AND make a contribution to your shopping trip. cool.gif

I think it was more surprise than anything. I was dressed pretty casual (clean dark jeans, and a wool winter coat), the bright blue heels stood out a lot.:lol:

I think it was more surprise than anything. I was dressed pretty casual (clean dark jeans, and a wool winter coat), the bright blue heels stood out a lot.:lol:

Ahhh!

You know how to dress well, but got no colour sense? wink.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

The big question though ..... Did you buy? huh.gif

Ahhh!

You know how to dress well, but got no colour sense? wink.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

The big question though ..... Did you buy? huh.gif

No, I'm still in the window shopping mode.

No, I'm still in the window shopping mode.

I'm never out of it ...... wink.gif

That said, one of my (older) skills is/was building PC's and making them work. [And goes back to the days of DOS when you needed to understand how to load drivers in 'upper' memory to avoid conflicts.]

Just recently I've had to revisit those skills. Built a couple of PC's as 'triers' to find out what level of processing power is required to watch streaming media. [As the expensive laptop croaked.] Got there with a donated motherboard, a £30 processor, a £25 video card and £17's worth of memory. Works very well, if I say so myself.

But it didn't stop me buying a new Samsung i3 laptop with HD3000 graphics. Been here 10 days so far, and neither of us wants to open it up. rolleyes.gif

Point to the remark is.... I've spent a LOT of time on that internet auction site buying used equipment. Shoes and boots have had to take a back seat. For the first time in 4 years.... biggrin.gif

that's an awesome shopping story, i'm wanting to go back. trouble is that most places don't carry my larger size.. I checked DSW shoes the other day after work but the largest size they have is 11. :( plus i have very flat feet so it's crazy for me to find heels that fit. (amazingly the 'rumors' i hear from people that wearing heels will have you develop an arch, seem to be kinda true.)