Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Manly Styles

The first pair of Harley Davidson cowboy style boots (of two pairs) bought some 3 years ago (or was it 4), are about to meet the great Cobbler in the Sky. wink.gifsmile.gif

I've always liked them because they have a pointed toe, and I really, REALLY, like pointed toe styles. Mrs Freddy likes them (I should say prefers them), because they are not blatantly 'girlie' shoes. In fact I've worn them a number of times in front of people I know, and not been challenged to their pedigree. cool.gif

I've anticipated their demise, and have thought I should find a second style of 'play' shoes that I could wear even more often perhaps?

So far I've picked up two styles at reasonable money that ought to fit the bill, but they haven't entirely convinced me......

TopShop size UK9 heeled shoe

River Island boot

Over the last couple of days, I've also ordered another two pairs I know to fit. The reason for buying online, the Brands say they don't allow full refunds in the shop, only exchanges. Online purchases had a mandatory 7 day cooling off/cancellation period, plus free each way carriage. The 'biter' of the deal, would be shop stock all looked badly treated. I'm hoping the online stock will look as new as it should. wink.gif

Dune suede black suede heeled shoe Unusually, a Dune UK8 fits. smile.gif

Bertie rubber sole and heel, high heeled shoe/boot

The only 'failed' attempt, is another Dune high heeled leather ankle boot. Their size UK8/EU41 actually coming up like every other sellers UK7. [As does most TopShop styles.] It was a bit expensive for my usual budget, but had the prospect to be a very wearable style. sad.gif

The search continues. cool.gif

Reason for edit: To add links.

Edited by FastFreddy2

pity more do not take up the chalenge

I have asked several men I've met, who like wearing heels, that very question. cool.gif

Can't say I recall getting an adequate answer. In fact, I would say that for the most part, most produce a facial expression that indicates they doubt the sincerity/motivation of my query. sad.gif

It does [without doubt] take cojones for men to wear heels in public places. But experience tells me that once familiar with the situation, embarrassment and fear, get significantly less. wink.gif

I have asked several men I've met, who like wearing heels, that very question. cool.gif

Can't say I recall getting an adequate answer. In fact, I would say that for the most part, most produce a facial expression that indicates they doubt the sincerity/motivation of my query. sad.gif

It does [without doubt] take cojones for men to wear heels in public places. But experience tells me that once familiar with the situation, embarrassment and fear, get significantly less. wink.gif

If retail shoe shops who sell to both male and female were to place heeled boots with a particular design suited to men in the men's section, it would be surprising what the uptake would be of men. Think of Cuban heels, disco shoes, loafers with a block heel etc. not stilettos which are not particularly suitable for day wear or are not regarded as men's wear in the mainstream.

If retail shoe shops who sell to both male and female were to place heeled boots with a particular design suited to men in the men's section, it would be surprising what the uptake would be of men. Think of Cuban heels, disco shoes, loafers with a block heel etc. not stilettos which are not particularly suitable for day wear or are not regarded as men's wear in the mainstream.

I would agree. "Opportunity", would help to encourage the curious or interested men out there to try them on. More triers, would lead to both more wearers, and greater general acceptance.

But not in my life-time.... Without doubt, I could see a change as being possible, but it's something that would have to be [high] fashion led. Vivian Westwood might effect a change overnight, but she's not part of my social group so no chance of bending her ear.

I would have to agree. If shoe shops didn't have men/women sections or put heels in the mens section then more people would adjust their thinking about men wearing heels and those who like heels but don't have the courage to try/buy them might also take that step.

I liked this pair.... :)

Sadly, one of the heels started parting with the rest of the shoe after it's first wearing. They went back, and as they were [by then] out of stock, there was no replacement. :(

Edited by FastFreddy2

The seller offered to do this. But they were new, worn for a couple of hours. If I had them fixed, I'd have paid £47 for a pair of repaired shoes. And what would be my position if the other shoe parted after 2 months use? Shoes don't come with a warranty as such. Anything past 3 months and the sellers can put failure down to "use", or 'fair wear and tear'.

It wasn't a risk I was willing to take. If they had been £15, it wouldn't have been a problem. But £47 is the upper end of my usual shoe budget for high street bought shoes. I'd only pay more if they were imported from abroad.

For me, handmade shoes are a great idea, but so far, an unnecessary expense.

If I could fit into women size, I would go in a normal store.

But, size 44/45 EU has big limitations.

Therefore custom made. I pay about 150 £ for a pair of kneeheigh, leather boots with leather sole.

And they fit as a glove and are very comfortable.

And the best part, they can make any style I like....

Therefore custom made. I pay about 150 £ for a pair of kneeheigh, leather boots with leather sole.

And they fit as a glove and are very comfortable.

And the best part, they can make any style I like....

For one pair of ankle height boots, made for me, I could find that sort of money. I doubt a £1000 trip to the Philippines could be found though. And even if it could, I'd have to go by ship. Nothing I can imagine (at this time) would get me flying half way around the world, and back. Not even the 'perfect' footwear. :unsure:

Edited by FastFreddy2

we go there regulary.. :)

I couldn't, family visits or otherwise.

Having worked at an aircraft manufacturing plant, I know how flimsy these things are. Plus I got to hear about how often they fell out of the sky. It made a nervous flyer, even less comfortable.

The only time I managed to acclimatise myself at all, was after a 3 month period of commuting, with 2 off 1 hour flights per week. Didn't seem so bad then, but that was a long time ago....

Edited by FastFreddy2