Sign in to follow this  
Ludovic

Boots From Yellow Shoes

Great looking boots Ludovic. I like the second pair in your list out of all of them. The last pair do look like a great pair to try though :D

Yep, that last pair would suit me .... and my skinny legs. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Looks like a great place to lose an afternoon and buy lots of shoes..... cool.gif

Well I looked on their website again, the boots in the link above are now at 14,99$ instead of 49,99$. I called at the store to check if they had them. They did!!! They kept them for me. I didn't have the guts to try them on because that one is a very big store and my wife is a teacher and the employees are all the age of my wife's students... too dangerous.

Pictures soon.

.... the boots in the link above are now at 14,99$ instead of 49,99$. I called at the store to check if they had them. They did!!! They kept them for me.

Ressssssssult! biggrin.gifcool.gif

And a very wearable style, if I may say. wink.gif

Ressssssssult! biggrin.gifcool.gif

And a very wearable style, if I may say. wink.gif

Well, they are nice looking but they are not very comfortable. Maybe they'll adjust to my feet but for the first 30 minutes in the house, my left foot is pretty sore. They have a 5 inch heel with an inch of platform.

But they are MINE! :)

post-1031-0-90480100-1326754697_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-92099600-1326754709_thumb.jp

my left foot is pretty sore. They have a 5 inch heel with an inch of platform.

But they are MINE! :)

Why the sore foot? Too high? Pinching? huh.gif

They look GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!

Definitely street wear. wink.gifcool.gif

Why the sore foot? Too high? Pinching? huh.gif

They look GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!

Definitely street wear. wink.gifcool.gif

Can't say they are too high because my other pair (in my avatar) is 6 inches with 2 inches of platform therefore 4 inches elevation and they are not giving me pain. The new booties are 5 inches high with a platform of 1 or 1.5 inches.

The pain was more under the arch of the foot, but only on the left foot. Only wore them an hour so far around the house.

The pain was more under the arch of the foot, but only on the left foot. Only wore them an hour so far around the house.

Could be ........ [This is going to be difficult to explain without pictures.]

The length of the curve/rise?

Imagine a piece of string cut 12 inches long. Arrange the string so it has 3 inches along a flat, a 45 degree rise of 6 inches, and a further 3 inches flat and parallel with the first 3 inches of string.

...............___

............./

.........../

......../

___/

And produce a shape like this. It's supposed to represent the shape of the shoe, and where your foot sits.

Drawing the shape with straight lines means that for a given length and heel height, the shape can only take one form. [The shape I've shown here.]

But the shape doesn't have straight lines for the most part, it's a single continuous curve, but for the footbed. [Though I have 3+ pairs of boots with footbeds that curve slightly upward, making the shoe feel even higher.]

So lets now make the upward [rise] portion curved, and the heel area curved. It's possible to slightly alter the shape of the whole curve and keep the final position [aka height] at the back of the heel the same by slightly compressing the length of the shoe. The string stays the same overall length, but with the curve being now compressed, the arch feels higher?

..........___

......../

....../

.....|

___|

This diagram works better with curves, because the 'compression' is more subtle, though maybe our feet will not understand the subtle so well. wink.gif

I think I've worked out how one version/style [like your new boots] of a given shoe size is hard to wear [stand in] and a similar looking style might be much easier to wear [stand in]. Also, that the position of the shoe heel tip to the bottom of the foot heel, can determine whether the shoes are easier to walk in, or more likely to affect the owners walking style. [Affect their gait.]

I've two pairs of almost identical shoes that I've shown here before, that look similar, but are completely different to wear and walk in. If I can, I'll try to demonstrate further, by possibly adding a new thread an an appropriate place. But I hope the notion of rise compression as a concept can be understood? huh.gif

So I'm wearing the boots, and it's really where the pressure point is located on the left foot. The pressure is all at the ball of the foot just behind the big toe. And the shoes are pretty tight on top of the foot as well.

It was a final sale and they were pretty inexpensive in any case. It's like I get to wear them everyday either :unsure:

The pressure is all at the ball of the foot just behind the big toe.

I'd suggest a gel pad, but you're smart enough to have thought of that already..... wink.gif

It may be, you have a condition that we believe Mrs Freddy suffers from. Feels almost like there's a piece of bone inside your foot that doesn't belong?

There is another condition I read about some time ago, might also be pertinent, but I can't find a suitable link. ** It's when a nerve gets damaged in the same area, and denser tissue grows around the damage to protect it. Thing is, in high heels, that denser tissue feels like a stone in your shoe. Painful! And there doesn't seem to be a cure, like surgery, due to the prospect of worse nerve damage.

With no remedy, herself finds better quality shoes are the answer. That means shoes with firm/thick padding in the footbed area built into the shoe by the manufacturer. Her favourites, practically to the exception of all others, is Carvela. This is from the same brand group as KG [Kurt Geiger]. No links as the KG website doesn't like them. Prices from around £150 at season start, to perhaps £40 during sales up to a year later.

Mindful those boots were something of a bargain, I'd be inclined to invest in a gel pad, or gel pads. Hopefully you'll be buying more heels with a high arch, and will need gels again. wink.gif

** P.S.

Morton's Neuroma. Hopefully the link will work. Previous 3 attempts failed. mellow.gif

Edited by FastFreddy2

Possible that I have a condition. But I really think it's the design of the boots

[start sarcasm]

I could not be at fault, of course not. Must be shoe.

[end sarcarsm]

Seriously, I probably would have not bought them if I had tried them on. I love the look of them though and would love to go out in them.

[start sarcasm]

I could not be at fault, of course not. Must be shoe.

[end sarcarsm]

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Works for me. wink.gif Have you bought some gel inserts then? smile.gif [start sarcasm] As there's obviously no need for surgery. cool.gif[end sarcasm] biggrin.gif

I had given the issue of "comfortable shoes" a little thought the other day. Seems to me, any stupidly high shoe by default, is unlikely to be comfortable? That realised, I decided some shoes I REALLY liked but were a tad snug, were keepers after all. In fact, reduced further to £35 in the sale, I might try to get a second pair. wink.gif

The Harley D's I wear all the time are a little looser now, but have always been about half a size small. I like wearing them, so have worked out how to make them more comfortable. [Very thin sock, aka hose. Plus little gel 'socks' for both big toes. cool.gif] With this pain prevention scheme, I don't have any problem wearing them for 10 hours straight.

Couple more pictures. The look is better with these jeans.

One question remains. Jeans over the boots or not though? I prefer with jeans over.

post-1031-0-17366900-1327808785_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-47528600-1327808797_thumb.jp

One question remains. Jeans over the boots or not though? I prefer with jeans over.

Over.

The only time I would say an ankle boot might be visible and look 'right', would be if the wearer had a long loose skirt on, and the bots were just below the hem.

Otherwise, over. ;)

With jeans that had a very slight flare, or straight leg stretch jeans that would cover most of the boot (sadly), you'd te same look that gets me most places unnoticed. B)

Jeans over looks best... :)

And very nice boots...

Edited by Love4heels