Sign in to follow this  
Ludovic

Shoe Lurking

Stopped at a big department store that usually carries low price stuff. They are apparently the exclusive resellers of Alfred Sung PURE line of shoes...

Not too expensive 30 to 50 dollars. Here's a picture of 3 of the 4 models I tried earlier today. Again, didn't buy anything as I have yet to have this approved by the Significant Other. :)

The other model I tried is a bit similar to this, without the studs, in light brown leather, higher on the ankle and a thicker but lower heel. Well, reading this it's not similar at all... :D

http://1.bp.blogspot...hion%2B2011.jpg

Edit: this is more like the style I tried:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/static/webUpload/731/26_maytorena_38_6.jpg

post-1031-0-60226200-1321309274_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-30272100-1321309291_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-18663100-1321309302_thumb.jp

Edited by Ludovic

Again, didn't buy anything as I have yet to have this approved by the Significant Other. :)

Christmas [they tell me] is less than six weeks away .......... [bar-humbug. biggrin.gif]

The other model I tried is a bit similar to this, without the studs, in light brown leather, higher on the ankle and a thicker but lower heel. Well, reading this it's not similar at all... :D

biggrin.gif Learner?

[Over here Leaner writers drivers have to have a large red "L" on a white square displayed .... whilst writing ... oops ... whilst driving. wink.gif biggrin.gif ]

The last link takes us to some very 'on trend' shoes. cool.gif Over here they are referred to as 'military' style boots.

Stopped at a different location today. Crappy picture through a crappy mirror of me in the shoes but they'll come tomorrow. :)

Well that solves the problem I can't upload the pictures through the crappy picture. And for Mr Freddy, yeah, that sentence made no sense...:lol:

So the grey boots were pretty tall and not superbly comfortable.

I like the motorcycle style as it wasn't standing out so much.

post-1031-0-09256200-1322690725_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-75873500-1322690743_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-16779600-1322690888_thumb.jp

So the grey boots were pretty tall and not superbly comfortable.

But a winner for me! biggrin.gif

Edited by FastFreddy2

Neede some change of mind so at lunch I went a different location of the same chain of store. I was there a good 20 minutes. I retried the tall grey boots but they didn't have my size. I tried a total of 7 pairs consisting of boots, peep toes, pumps and sandals. There was a woman who saw me as i tried on a pair of beige leather booties with a wedge heel. No comments or snicker that I could perceive but there's no way she didn't notice. She was inches away when I remove the boot and revealed my stockinged feet.

Pictures soon.

Neede some change of mind so at lunch I went a different location of the same chain of store. I was there a good 20 minutes. I retried the tall grey boots but they didn't have my size. I tried a total of 7 pairs consisting of boots, peep toes, pumps and sandals. There was a woman who saw me as i tried on a pair of beige leather booties with a wedge heel. No comments or snicker that I could perceive but there's no way she didn't notice. She was inches away when I remove the boot and revealed my stockinged feet.

Pictures soon.

This makes pleasant reading on a number of levels. Well done you. cool.gif

I have to admit, I think I've always got moral support with me when I'm trying on womens shoes ....... mellow.gif I might be on my own when I'm trying them on, but I've always got 'International Rescue' circling somewhere. biggrin.gif

Frankly, I'm impressed. wink.gifcool.gif

Looking forward to seeing some piccies.

Finally, it's pics time. I'll multiple posts since I'm a lazy bum who doesn't feel like editing his pictures...

Black boots, very comfy.

post-1031-0-45546100-1324344255_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-27685500-1324344273_thumb.jp

The same grey boots from an earlier post in this thread. Not as uncomfortable as I thought but a tad too snug... would need hald a size up.

post-1031-0-31636900-1324344372_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-59731000-1324344389_thumb.jp

Glittery silver heels, only tried them because they didn't have my size in black. I think they are horrible in that colour. But man, were they high!!!

post-1031-0-06195800-1324344522_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-04033200-1324344534_thumb.jp

On balance, my fav's would still be the grey boots. smile.gif

The shoes look great, but I just can't hold that type of footwear on my feet very easily. rolleyes.gif

I use V.5 of Paintshop Pro. It's very basic, very easy to use. I tend to rotate and crop quite a bit, plus lose some of the distracting background by using the 'clone' feature to make the background as plain as possible. cool.gif

post-40-0-41977100-1324398329_thumb.jpg

This adjustment took about 4 minutes. And 3 minutes of that was losing the yellow labels, and red shelf edging. cool.gif

Reason for edit: Edited piccy added.

Edited by FastFreddy2

On balance, my fav's would still be the grey boots. smile.gif

The shoes look great, but I just can't hold that type of footwear on my feet very easily. rolleyes.gif

I use V.5 of Paintshop Pro. It's very basic, very easy to use. I tend to rotate and crop quite a bit, plus lose some of the distracting background by using the 'clone' feature to make the background as plain as possible. cool.gif

post-40-0-41977100-1324398329_thumb.jpg

This adjustment took about 4 minutes. And 3 minutes of that was losing the yellow labels, and red shelf edging. cool.gif

Reason for edit: Edited piccy added.

4 minutes??? way too long for my patience :)

On the first set of pics, there a pair of shoes on the lower right, I tried those as well but didn't take a picture.