Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Biba Jeans

I've almost got the same 'thing' for jeans/trousers as I have shoes. Must have 15 pairs I've never worn. [similar amount of leggings .....]

I'd seen some on House of Fraser site that I fancied, but were out of my price range [really.] They had a sale and I was there ..... So I bought them, just to see how they looked.

Front look

Rear look

They fit, really really really well. [Comfortably tight in all the right places. wink.gif]

Even in the sale, they were a tad over £60 ..... And I think the bottoms are a little bit too large to be anything other than 'girlie'. Shame. Sooooooooooo tempted. biggrin.gif

P.S.

I'm also wearing 4" Faith ankle boots. cool.gif

Edited by FastFreddy2

I was going to say I wasn't too keen on the flared bottoms of the jeans but noticed you'd already said it Freddy :)

I have an old pair of jeans of my wifes which are stretch jeans and so comfortable. Originally BHS ladies jeans, now mine. I got those and wore them when she had a clearout and even Mrs Shyguy commented how good they look on me, but I can't try any other womens jeans ever again :(

I have a pair of leggings I liberated too but they're only to wear under my jeans when motorcycling as an added layer for warmth, Mrs Shyguy is aware although not completely approving. She understands how cold it can be though as she has suffered my frozen body against hers when she has been in bed a while before I get back from a motorcycle outing :P the leggings helped prevent her getting cold the next time B)

I've only tried women's jeans once, I think they made my ass look great! :)

Originally BHS ladies jeans, now mine. I got those and wore them when she had a clearout and even Mrs Shyguy commented how good they look on me, but I can't try any other womens jeans ever again :(

Eh? blink.gif

Both liked how you looked in womens jeans, and that it? sad.gif

The only reason I own/wear a mans jean [which I don't find that comfortable unless I get a size too large,] is the cost. And with dark indigo or black bootleg jeans [in three leg lengths] available from Marks and Spencer for £12, I'm not sure cost is much of a consideration, unless put against Primarni mens jeans at £8.

I would have thought the only person other than the wearer who would know your jeans were girls stretch jeans, would be your spouse. And I suppose that's the problem right there?

I have a pair of leggings I liberated too but they're only to wear under my jeans when motorcycling as an added layer for warmth, Mrs Shyguy is aware although not completely approving. She understands how cold it can be though as she has suffered my frozen body against hers when she has been in bed a while before I get back from a motorcycle outing :P the leggings helped prevent her getting cold the next time B)

Been there, done that. cool.gif

Not on a motorbike for some time [about 28 years]. But more recently on a mountain bike, or out walking in the country. I have no shame when it comes to keeping warm ..... Tights, leggings, leg warmers .... With my legs [twigs] I need all the help I can get to keep them from freezing solid. wink.gif

Mrs Freddy just laughs it off when I start looking at 'girlie' leggings .... She's convinced I buy them to look femme, though how that would be possible wearing a reflective fleece lined cycling bib-and-brace over them, is anyones guess. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

H.o.F. has these back in stock, online. And now at £51. wub.gif

Mrs Freddy wanted a pair in a 10. Already sold out! sad.gif

It might be 'Sales' talk, but every assistant we've spoken to [about 5] in the Biba sections at 3 different stores, have remarked on how comfortable these jeans are. cool.gif

Shame they are so girlie. huh.gif

While in H.o.F. Reading today, saw a newer style of Biba jeans. Same material and colour [hopefully same great fit], but this time with straight leg.

Long legged as before, and priced at £69. cool.gif

Had a quick look on their web site, and no link at this time. Didn't have enough cash on me to buy today, so maybe later in the week? wink.gif

An interesting development today regarding jeans..

I posted before in this very thread:-

Originally BHS ladies jeans, now mine. I got those and wore them when she had a clearout and even Mrs Shyguy commented how good they look on me, but I can't try any other womens jeansever again sad.gif

Recently I have been looking for some new jeans but all the mens jeans are very wide legged (probably because of my very wide waistline) and don't hang well. Mrs Shyguy has just bought some jeans from Tesco, and some from Marks and Spencer and I asked to try them on for fit a few weeks ago, and they did fit better than the mens jeans according to both of us.

Fast forward to todays shopping trip and once again I'm told I must get new jeans, and in Matalan was told to go try some on, again mens jeans all very unflattering. My daughter remarked I should try some from the ladies section, and when she wandered off my wife took me round there to check them out. I came home with some ladies jeans (size 18) and tried them on. Mrs Shyguy likes the look and they are very comfortable so I am going to be wearing womens jeans and wifey has agreed they are just jeans whichever side of the shop they come from.

Fast forward to todays shopping trip and once again I'm told I must get new jeans, and in Matalan was told to go try some on, again mens jeans all very unflattering. My daughter remarked I should try some from the ladies section, and when she wandered off my wife took me round there to check them out.

I came home with some ladies jeans (size 18) and tried them on. Mrs Shyguy likes the look and they are very comfortable so I am going to be wearing womens jeans and wifey has agreed they are just jeans whichever side of the shop they come from.

Resssssssult. B):D

I have to say, I have never found mens jeans either comfortable, or flattering. I'm not a farm hand in Kansas, so my taste in jeans might not be what Mr Levi had in mind when he decided to make mens working trousers.

Stretch material is great, and I don't understand why more mens styles don't include them?

Well done you, and Mrs Shyguy of course. ;)

Yesterday was the first time I wore the new jeans out, sorry to say with mens boots. Mrs Shyguy still liked the look, I still liked the feel and fit. We had to pick up our teenage daughter and when we got out of the car she had a long look at the boots and jeans and amazingly complimented the look. She had suggested womens jeans in Matalan when I was trying on mens jeans which didn't hang nicely, but didn't make the connection last night and accepted that they were mens jeans from a catalogue as my wife told her they were. So it seems as I always maintained, jeans are jeans whichever side of the shop they come from. Although I have to admit the zip is a little short for male toilet habits, and the pockets are way too small. And I have to train myself about the button and zip being on the wrong side....

and accepted that they were mens jeans from a catalogue as my wife told her they were.

I have never made a secret of the fact I've (almost) always worn girls jeans, even to the most critical people I know, and I've known some real spiteful ones....

Not once do I remember getting getting remarks about it. Even when mentioned to girlfriends .... "So?"

I'm not sure if you are being over cautious? Especially since there's been indications you've been busted by your daughter? ;):D

That aside, sounds like it was very much a good choice by the two of you. B) Compliments? Very good choice. ;)

The Freddy house remains a building site. Most of my jeans are in plastic boxes, filed away with my shoes.

I've bought another couple of pairs of trousers/jeans at silly prices [£4-99 each] recently, in the Marks and Spencer Outlet sale. One pair, a particularly good find as they came with 34" inside leg. Great if I ever want to wear higher/thinner heels.

I decided to consolidate my 'pending use' trousers. I was surprised at what I have, and that I continue to look for more! Like my shoe buying, this has to stop until I start to wear some so much they need replacing.

I have approximately 11-12 pairs of longer legged [34"] straight leg jeans, and trousers. If I remember, most [more than 50%] cost me less than £4 each, though two pairs were £12 each. One pair of M+S trousers, were £20. And worth it if I ever wear the them! :rolleyes: My most comfortable, preferred jeans, circa £3, and again from an M+S Outlet Clearance sale. I would buy more and pay full price if they made them again.

Flared jeans, I have around 5 or 6 pairs. Again, typically £10 or less. A pair I found that weren't quite 33" leg, had a reduced label on at £2-50, which explains why I bought them. ;)

I may sell some on an internet auction site. I have too many .... ? :huh:

Well.......

Despite having enough pairs of (womens and mens) jeans/trousers to last a lifetime (or two) I had hoped to find further bargains in the post Christmas sales. ;)

Marks and Spencer have been my main source of secondary leg covering for some years now, with George (aka ASDA) black leggings, being the primary covering. :D I have several pairs of mens :wacko: jeans from Matalan, that I seem to be wearing often, but my historic preference has been M+S.

Sadly, their quality has been suffering over the last couple of years. With thinner cottons replacing their 'above average' value grade of clothing, it's now becoming expensive tat. And I'm not the only one to think so. Reviews of their range of jeans pretty much mimic my opinion. "Low quality". "Poor fit." "Inconsistent fit". My recent example: I bought a pair of jeans during the M+S sale period. I expected to pay the label price of £15. Went through the till at £5. I was happy ...... Until I tried them on. Took them off and measured the legs, to find one leg was indeed half inch longer than the other? :rolleyes:

Had a trawl around the internet for 'proper' waisted jeans for women. Came around to the Biba brand again, and with 'sale' pricing, thought I would have a second look. On-line was not great, so I visited one of the HoF stores personally. [HoF is now the Biba brand owner.]

There were none of the flared jeans I had seen before, in my size. There was a straight legged version in black, reduced to £34-50 which I was sure should be less expensive. Having checked all the sales prices on-line earlier, I was expecting to pay £20-£24 for any of the Biba jeans included in the sale. Checking with the sales assistant, he confirmed the sticker price was correct. Disappointed, I left the jeans where they were. :(

On arriving home I rechecked the price on-line. (Refer to link above.)

While I certainly would have enjoyed the superior fit of the Biba jean I don't own, that £20-50 will get more use being in my pocket than being swapped for a garment that would be stuck in a storage bin. :P:D

I'm sure if I can live long enough, jeans manufacturers will once again make a proper waisted jean. ;):P:D

Those Biba jeans are a tad on the expensive side Freddy, and I know what you mean about M+S jeans, as the wife wears them too and the quality has definitely gone downhill.

On this topic, it's funny how things change, my wife is now all but insisting I wear the womens jeans I got every time we go out as she says they look good on me. I'm also told I have to get another pair of a different colour. Contrast that with this quote from earlier in the thread

Originally BHS ladies jeans, now mine. I got those and wore them when she had a clearout and even Mrs Shyguy commented how good they look on me, but I can't try any other womens jeans ever again

On this topic, it's funny how things change, my wife is now all but insisting I wear the womens jeans I got every time we go out as she says they look good on me.

I was surprised when you originally wrote about this, that womens jeans were a good fit - and that was as far as it was going? I'm pleased to hear, the situation has progressed well.

I prefer the 'cut' of a womans jean because I find them more comfortable around the important bits. :wacko: Mens jeans have to be quite baggy (a style I don't like) or at least stretchy, otherwise I get 'cut in half' as it were. I'm not good with hipster styles either. I need an 11 or 12 inch rise to get the waistband on my waist. The original Biba jeans did this (£65) as it seems does (£90). I have a lead on some which I might have a look at tomorrow ....

My 'perfect' pair remains the straight legged stretch jean from M+S bought in a Clearance sale five years ago for £3. Lots of stretch, dark blue/indigo, and 33in leg length. They've been worn so often with heels the bottoms have widened a bit (slight flare) so go over (and hide) just about every heel I own. Sounds a bit foolish to say it (like a brag) but ...... If Marks offered me an identical pair for £100, I would be very very tempted. They are just that good, and surpass anything M+S sell at the moment including their £40 styles.

We did spot a new line though the other day. M+S have started naming their styles with a nod to female Hollywood stars. I'd already seen some called Marilyn on-line. The new style was called Lana (for long I think?) They were spotted as the store closed, so didn't get a good look ....

My checklist:

"High rise" (proper high) 11-12 inch rise - as measured. Many claim "high" with 10 inch rise which actually sit below the waist.

Indigo, or at a push, black.

Thick-ish stretch material. Eluding to be capable of hard wearing (to hold their shape when worn).

Long. 33 inch for 4 inch heels, 34 inch for anything higher.

I expect to pay £20-£30 for these if an 'in-house' product. With the right colour and perfect material (very dark blue almost black and very very stretchy material), I would expect to pay up to £60. At the moment I'm looking for a skinny flare. That means stretchy for comfort around my body while walking AND sitting. Slim thigh with an 'ever-so-slight-flare' of maybe an inch, maybe two, at the lower hem. These I might go to £80 with and would be buying two pairs. If they were £100, I'd have to have a good long hard think before buying the one pair. :unsure:

Marks are selling jeans from £12-50 to £40. None I'm currently aware of actually sit on the waist, though some come close. Most of the denim is thinner than a regular jean, and sometimes feels thinner than the jeggings they sell. :rolleyes: They could be giving them away, and I still couldn't wear them. I am the typical Marks customer, in terms of age and spend. Longer 'waisted' jeans are aplenty, provided you want (super) skinny. [Not regular cut, nor slim flared either.] I could wear the skinnies, but they wouldn't hide my heels.

It's proving more of a challenge, than finding a nice heel. ;):D

Edited by FastFreddy2

Visited M&Co today.

Bought the jean I was interested in. Too short (at 32" leg.)

Shame, as in the sale, they were £8.

Also went to a couple of Matalan stores trying to find jeans with my waist size and leg length. Got the leg length, but none in my waist size. :rolleyes: Is it the wrong time of year for buying clothes????? :(

Had a final look in HoF Oxford Street on Sunday for the elusive Biba jeans. No luck at all.

Having spent some time chasing jeans I can't find, Mrs Freddy reminded me I have a storage box with "Millions of Jeans" written on it. Do I actually need more jeans then?

So today, I did a bit of an audit.

I have 5 pairs of longer jeans (3 x 33" leg length and 2 x 34" leg length) I regularly use when I wear heels. Of those 5 pairs, I use 2 pairs significantly more than the other 3 pairs. Both straight legged, one a 33" leg for my use with my 4" cowboy boots, the longer 34" with the higher 4½" heels.

The audit consisted of trying on each pair of jeans (or trousers) to see what I already owned that I could actually wear with heels. Mindful these were all bought with the intention of wearing with heels anyway, so all longer legged, which of these met my current criteria?

These figures are in addition to the 5 pairs I don't have "stored", and mentioned above.

In a 33" leg length;

5 pairs jeans

3 pairs trousers

In 34" leg length;

7 pairs of jeans

1 pair of trousers (bought for £5 that might have been made for me)

Disposals:

6 pairs of jeans (little too short mostly, one pair sat below my waist not on it).

1 pair of trousers (measurements read well, but hung poorly for some reason).

Not millions after all, but 23 pairs stored. In principle, 28 pairs in total for wearing with heels.

I also have 3 or 4 pairs of jeans and 3 or 4 pairs of trousers, I use with mens regular shoes.....

Do I need more jeans or trousers? Only if I have an unexpected weight change, or if I live to be 110 years old and can still wear a 4 to 5" heel.

I have taken a shine to these though ... >> Long Tall Sally<<

Maybe a month ago, got some M+S jeans priced at £30 with 20% discount. Long in the leg (yippee) with claimed 33" that came up 34", but the waist was a bit large too. I need them a tad tight to stay up. :huh: They had to be returned.

Couple of weeks ago I bought some mens jeans ( :o) from Tesco, as they promised 32" waist, and 34" leg with stretch. They had a 34" waist, despite the labelling. The search continues ...... Shame, only £14 too.

Saw some jeans in an M+S Outlet last weekend. Reduced from £12-50 to £7. "Bargain" I hear shouted from the cheap seats, ;) but money was very short [all went on £100 bath taps] and the material was quite thin for a denim. No returns, so I tried them on in-store.

In many ways, a perfect fit, though ever-so-slightly more flared than I would like. Undecided as to whether I should borrow from somewhere, I let fate decide. Meaning I would go back when funds allowed (today) in the hope they would still be there. They'd gone. :(

Will have another look tomorrow or Monday to make sure they weren't languishing unwanted and left in the changing room, but my hopes are not high. What made them particularly interesting was their length, as I can't get enough in blue/indigo that have a 34" inside leg. With a flare too, I could have worn them over just about every heel I own, in warmer weather - obviously. :huh:

The higher waist style that I prefer, are back in the shops, and mostly come in stretch too. BUT, skinny leg. :( I hope to live long enough to have a good, traditional, waisted jean return to retailers en masse. :blink:

Will have another look tomorrow or Monday to make sure they weren't languishing unwanted and left in the changing room, but my hopes are not high. What made them particularly interesting was their length, as I can't get enough in blue/indigo that have a 34" inside leg. With a flare too, I could have worn them over just about every heel I own, in warmer weather - obviously. :huh:

Fate dealt me a better hand today.

Had cause to visit another M+S Outlet in a different town. Found two pair of the jeans in the style/size I missed out on, and one of them had a 34" inside leg, same price at £6-99. Shockingly poor quality material for a denim jean, but £7 with 34" inside leg in blue ....... ?

Also found a black pair of similar design, similar dimensions. No returns so had to try them on in-store too. Young lad looking after the changing room wasn't terrifically motivated, so I wandered in and back out without any query concerning me and girls jeans. They fitted even better than the blue pair, with a slightly more generous cut around the 'family jewels'. Priced at £5, another "no-brainer".

So now own another two pairs of heel covering stretch jeans. £12. B)

I've had worse days. :D

Had cause to visit another M+S Outlet in a different town. Found two pair of the jeans in the style/size I missed out on, and one of them had a 34" inside leg, same price at £6-99. Shockingly poor quality material for a denim jean, but £7 with 34" inside leg in blue ....... ?

Also found a black pair of similar design, similar dimensions. No returns so had to try them on in-store too. Young lad looking after the changing room wasn't terrifically motivated, so I wandered in and back out without any query concerning me and girls jeans. They fitted even better than the blue pair, with a slightly more generous cut around the 'family jewels'. Priced at £5, another "no-brainer".

Made the mistake of going into the same outlet yesterday. Tried on some MORE jeans. No room around the family jewels (apparently left nothing to the imagination) but fitted well otherwise. Fought the temptation to buy, £20 reduced to £12.

I checked earlier today. to see how many pairs I already own. "Plenty". More than I will ever need. Didn't stop me though. :rolleyes:

Popped back in today, half hoping they'd gone. They were there, although they nearly escaped as they were on a different rack.

Possibly, I have a problem. :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2

Couple of weeks ago I bought some mens jeans ( :o) from Tesco, as they promised 32" waist, and 34" leg with stretch. They had a 34" waist, despite the labelling. The search continues ...... Shame, only £14 too.

While shopping for something else today, found another pair in 32W 34L, and took them home to try them.

Good start, with 32" waist, but also 32" leg. :rolleyes:

Made the mistake of going into the same outlet yesterday. Tried on some MORE jeans. No room around the family jewels (apparently left nothing to the imagination) but fitted well otherwise. Fought the temptation to buy, £20 reduced to £12.

I checked earlier today. to see how many pairs I already own. "Plenty". More than I will ever need. Didn't stop me though. :rolleyes:

Popped back in today, half hoping they'd gone. They were there, although they nearly escaped as they were on a different rack.

Tried these on yesterday morning in heels. Very snug from the knee up (as I like them), and hang well with a higher heel. Result. B)

While putting them with 'the others' (in storage boxes), I reacquainted myself with some of the other pairs I own. ^_^ I have some really nice legwear! Some of them can only be described as 'lush'. :D

If ever I can make the time, and while the weather is bright, I'll have to do some photo's. ;)B)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Photos sound like a good idea Freddy, we've had the weather for a few days now....

Recently we were discussing the fact that I need some new jeans, and as we discovered mens jeans still don't flatter Mrs Shyguy suggested some more womens jeans as before. Then she was trying on some clothes to go out and found a few pairs of hardly worn jeans which no longer fitted her as she is on a diet and doing well. Next thing I knew the jeans were thrown at me to try on, no ifs, ands or buts. One pair was too short from waist to between the legs so no go. Two pairs were a great fit, Mrs Shyguy said they weren't flattering but OK to wear for shopping and general family stuff.

I did remark on her turn around from no womens jeans to this, her reply was "they're jeans, just jeans and who can tell the difference? As long as you look like a man in them they're fine". :D

Photos sound like a good idea Freddy, we've had the weather for a few days now....

We've had some sun, but getting photo's done has not been a priority. I'm halfway through replacing the bathroom suite and learning as I go, consequently we only have half a bathroom so completing that has the main priority. Mrs Freddy is away for a week starting this Friday, so next week is a 'safer' time to get some photo's done. B)

Although the bathroom has no sink at the moment, I earned some brownie points yesterday, taking advantage of the sunny day to assemble a 4' x 6' Keter plastic shed bought earlier this year. "2 hour x 2 man job", which is true when you've done one. My first attempt, and with my 'apprentice' needing to learn how to use a screwdriver..... It was more like a 1 man x 5 hour job. :D

We decided it needed moving today, so we did that before filling it up with 3 parasols, 2 stands, 4 garden chairs, 1 (large) garden table, 2 loungers, assorted gardening tools (spade/fork etc) and an electric mower. Mrs Freddy has been waiting some time for this external storage, so was very very very pleased it's now completed. ;):D

I did remark on her turn around from no womens jeans to this, her reply was "they're jeans, just jeans and who can tell the difference? As long as you look like a man in them they're fine". :D

As we've been saying for some time? ;):P:D

Good news though... "One small step" ...... "Giant leap" ....... B)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Now some time later .....

I have sold on a number of pairs of jeans, and even swapped out a pair with Mrs Freddy that didn't look they were going to sell, that fitted her better than she thought likely. I STILL have waaay too many.

I usually wear some heels that have a slightly girlie toe with a thick rubber sole that might even be ½ inch thick. They're easy to get on and off, and have a modest rise of around 4 to 4¼ inches. The back of the deep block heel is a tad under 5 inches. The other pair I wear out, have a thinner heel, regular sole and the same height heel. Rise is well over 4½ inches. To keep the heel hidden, I've been using one or other of two pairs of black (M+S) jeans. In fact I've been wearing black jeans for so long now, a blue jean with black shoes feels a little odd?

While they were bought some time ago, (mentioned above and bought in early 2013 I think) a couple of pairs of jeans bought for not much money have been sat -still bagged- on a bedroom chair next to my bed. One of these was/is a particularly well fitting pair that came with a 34" leg and perfect for the two pairs of heels I usually wear out .... Except one leg seemed to be ever-so-slightly longer than the other. And .... Being new they didn't like to crease well over the pair with the thick soles. I also have another pair of stiletto heeled shoes I enjoy wearing out, but because the toe box is quite roomy, I don't have any jeans that sit well over them either. Solution?

It took me months to work it out, but the answer was/is to get the length of the jeans altered. I could have the hems evened up (maybe uneven because of my groin shape) and have the hem made with a slope downward from front to back. Took some time to find someone to do the work, but I got the jeans back today. Total outlay under £14 for a blue jean perfectly shaped for hiding a high heel. B)

I'll try to do some piccies soon. :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2