Sign in to follow this  
Ludovic

Tried Some Shoes At Walmart

Walmart is a big department store with really good prices. Just for kicks I decided to go have a look. I saw a pair of peep toes 5 inches heels that seemed nice. I was also able to find a size 10. Tried them on right there, with an older in the alley. I know she gave a glance but nothing else. The shoes weren't too bad and comfortable. I also have pictures but didn't extract them yet.

In the next alley were the boots. A nice over the knee suede like black boot with about a 3 inch heel. Also found a size 10 (and an 11). I was able to get the left foot on but for some reason the right foot was too tight. Should've tried the 11 after all. As I removed the boots, I saw another model of black, about 4 and a half inches sandals. As I put them on, a young mother and her daughter came in my alley. I was nervous but continued to put the sandals and took a few steps. These were not that comfortable. The mom gave a few discreet glimpses as she passed by me but no idea about the girl as she was behind me when I walked in the shoes.

Finally, I tried another model, no pics though, that was really pleasing to my eyes. an open toe with kind of a strappy-mesh like pattern. These were very nice and comfortable. Just as I removed them a group of 3 teenage girls came in my alley. They didn't see. Not sure of teenage girls reaction plus they all had their cell phone. I wouldn't want pictures of me in heels on the web, at least ones where I can be recognized. :)

I didn't buy anything but the price would have been right. 25$ for the last pair. Maybe someday...

Just as I removed them a group of 3 teenage girls came in my alley. They didn't see. Not sure of teenage girls reaction plus they all had their cell phone. I wouldn't want pictures of me in heels on the web, at least ones where I can be recognized. :)

My No.1 and No.2 heeling fears wrapped up in one situation. Potentially abusive teenagers and video/pictures published on the Internet. sad.gif

Finally, I tried another model, no pics though, that was really pleasing to my eyes. an open toe with kind of a strappy-mesh like pattern. These were very nice and comfortable.

I didn't buy anything but the price would have been right. 25$ for the last pair. Maybe someday...

You must have some considerable will-power. Finding myself in an identical situation, I'd have left the store $25 poorer and one pair of shoes richer. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Great report. cool.gif

Very interesting read. smile.gif

My No.1 and No.2 heeling fears wrapped up in one situation. Potentially abusive teenagers and video/pictures published on the Internet. sad.gif

Indeed, cell phones with cameras are everywhere now.

You must have some considerable will-power. Finding myself in an identical situation, I'd have left the store $25 poorer and one pair of shoes richer. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

The only thing that stopped is my wife.

Great report. cool.gif

Very interesting read. smile.gif

Doing me best to share my experience. Glad you liked it.

The only thing that stopped is my wife.

whooops! wink.gif

Banana skin moment? biggrin.gif Been almost 4 years now since my birthday and Christmas list had anything on it other than footwear ... Not Mrs Freddy's preferred choice of course, but a pressie is a pressie..... wink.gifsmile.gif

Thanks for sharing your experiences Ludovic. I've only tried womens shoes on once in a shop and they were flats. My wife wasn't happy then. As for the phone wielding schoolgirls, you can already here the giggling and "eeeeewwwww's" as they showed their friends the pics if they'd got them. Not to mention the "LMAO" on Facebook et al. Not a great way to announce your secret to the world.

Banana skin moment? Been almost 4 years now since my birthday and Christmas list had anything on it other than footwear ... Not Mrs Freddy's preferred choice of course, but a pressie is a pressie.....

Yeah tried that too, when asked what I'd like for xmas I usually show some stores website displaying footwear at least twice. Never worked yet :rolleyes:

Yeah tried that too, when asked what I'd like for xmas I usually show some stores website displaying footwear at least twice. Never worked yet :rolleyes:

I have to admit that up to the present time, I've not actually had shoes bought for me .... That said, I took some shoes back to a shop today [that I liked but were expensive] and I got the offer of them as a present "If you want?" As I had a birthday a couple of weeks ago ..... I'll see it as more of a genuine gesture than an easy option, if they come back tomorrow - wrapped up....... dry.gif

I was tempted, but then would I actually wear them, mindful of their price? rolleyes.gif

Finally extracted the pictures from my phone... Here are one pair of the heels I tried.

Good to see some piccies. I'm less of a shoe/sandal guy and more of a boot [ankle boot/bootee] kinda fella. Consequently ..... I'd have been interested to see you in the grey boots shown in the mirror on the floor? Sorry to be so ungracious..... You are to be admired for having the courage to try any shoe on in public. Well done you! cool.gif

Keep up the good work. wink.gif

Reason for edit: Link added.

Edited by FastFreddy2

I went back to the store, but at a different location. They have short benches to sit down and put the shoes, one per alley. However, not all alleys have mirrors. The one bench with a mirror just beside it was occupied by two girls of about 17-18. They had a pile of shoes... It took me a lot of time to gather up the courage because they were also a lot of people around, but I decided to go through it. I had two pairs I wanted to try. I took the bench next to the girls but still about 12 feet away. I removed my shoes and thick socks and put on the first pair of heels, a 5 inch peep toe in a gray shade. The alley in front of my bench didn't have any mirrors, the next alley towards the girls had a mirror but at the other end, about 25 feet and with a lady and her man just beside it. The only possibility, the one next to the girls. The first girl was on the bench, the other in the second alley.

To get to the mirror, I had to pass inches in front of the girl which was tying shoes. My heeled feet passed about 8 inches from her feet and hands. I know she noticed, well, they had noticed the heels in my hands before I started trying them on. I thus passed in front of the girl, and looked at my feet in the mirror for a good 20-30 seconds before walking back to my bench. Still didn't buy anything but it was a great shopping trip :)

To get to the mirror, I had to pass inches in front of the girl which was tying shoes. My heeled feet passed about 8 inches from her feet and hands. I know she noticed, well, they had noticed the heels in my hands before I started trying them on. I thus passed in front of the girl, and looked at my feet in the mirror for a good 20-30 seconds before walking back to my bench. Still didn't buy anything but it was a great shopping trip :)

Brave man! cool.gif

I'm beginning to sense you are becoming a bit of an adrenalin junkie? biggrin.gif "What a ride?" wink.gif

It's pleasing to see you getting so much out of what [for women] is such a simple event. Had my heart in my mouth while reading, so quite exciting for me too! Go Ludovic! biggrin.gif

I went back to the store, but at a different location. They have short benches to sit down and put the shoes, one per alley. However, not all alleys have mirrors. The one bench with a mirror just beside it was occupied by two girls of about 17-18. They had a pile of shoes... It took me a lot of time to gather up the courage because they were also a lot of people around, but I decided to go through it. I had two pairs I wanted to try. I took the bench next to the girls but still about 12 feet away. I removed my shoes and thick socks and put on the first pair of heels, a 5 inch peep toe in a gray shade. The alley in front of my bench didn't have any mirrors, the next alley towards the girls had a mirror but at the other end, about 25 feet and with a lady and her man just beside it. The only possibility, the one next to the girls. The first girl was on the bench, the other in the second alley.

Thanks for posting the pic of the booties. There is something very attractive about them, possibly the open toe that is calling out to me that I have to have them.

And thanks for relating your shopping experiences. I have observed some lifted eyebrows from people that apparently think that I should not wear a heel because of my reliance on my crutches. But in many cases from what I have seen, I am far more adept in a heel with my crutches than she is on two good legs and in heels. Every day when I slip into a heel I feel a thrill mainly because I still am able to exercise my love of wearing a heel and my ability to move aboout gracefully in one.

E

Yet another location this morning. It was somewhat quiet and only a few female customers walked by. The salesclerk barely glanced at me let alone the shoes I was trying on. There was one older woman though who asked a question to the salesclerk and then saw me with the grey boots on. She said "Oh my God" but that was it.

For the pictures, picture 02, was the first pair I tried in a previous post on this thread. Very comfortable.

Picture 03 was quite high and the style was lovely. Would be great with some jeans.

Picture 04 had a very low heel and felt a bit weird to with after the previous pair. It felt like the heel was absent.

Picture 05 didn't fit so well, it was a bit tight and I actually had a harder getting the left on. They are just below the knee.

post-1031-0-79889800-1319303831_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-97907800-1319303847_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-57989400-1319303868_thumb.jp

post-1031-0-51958000-1319303881_thumb.jp

Edited by Ludovic

There was one older woman though who asked a question to the salesclerk and then saw me with the grey boots on. She said "Oh my God" but that was it.

Picture 03 was quite high and the style was lovely. Would be great with some jeans.

Once at Marks and Spencer [with Mrs Freddy], I sat next to an older lady in the shoe section. I'd just had herself try on some quite high heeled sandals, only to be disappointed by her comments they were so poorly designed they felt dangerous. Marks are known for their build quality [with price to match] and range of shoe sizes..... So I was a bit cynical about her comments ...... They had my size, and despite the lady sitting next to us, I tried them on. Mrs Freddy was right; they were hard to walk in as the heel wanted to slip from underneath your foot. But interestingly, the lady sitting next to Mrs Freddy remarked [while I tried on the shoes] 'They're lovely aren't they?". Mindful she could have said nothing, it was quite a pleasant thing to say, and a short but good natured chat between us three about the shoes followed. I guess the moral to the two respective experiences is: 'it takes all sorts'?

As for picture 03 [if I have the numbering right], the courts with cuffed heel ......... Love them! wub.gif

Buy buy buy! biggrin.gif

I have observed some lifted eyebrows from people that apparently think that I should not wear a heel because of my reliance on my crutches. But in many cases from what I have seen, I am far more adept in a heel with my crutches than she is on two good legs and in heels. Every day when I slip into a heel I feel a thrill mainly because I still am able to exercise my love of wearing a heel and my ability to move aboout gracefully in one.

E

E.

I have to be careful with my comments sometimes, because my social skills are not 'honed to perfection', possibly due to spending too much time in male company. [Where you are inclined to speak rather plainly.] Hence the slowness to respond to this post.....

During the past - getting close to 4 years - at least twice and maybe 3 times, seen two legged women using crutches because one of their legs was broken or damaged in some way, still getting about wearing a heel on the other [good] leg. I have been more impressed with the sight of these women making an effort to dress in this way, than I might otherwise have been. Why? Because it doesn't seem to take a great deal of effort to wear heels under normal circumstances, but to wear them when the obvious choice is to wear flats, says much about the femininity and confidence of the person wearing the heel. [Also refer to Jesse J thread.]

The thought of you getting around in an attractive heel, isn't exactly an unpleasant notion. smile.gif Keep up the good work. cool.gif

Reason for edit: Link added.

Edited by FastFreddy2