Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Visit To Cardiff

Had been to Cardiff a couple of years ago to attend a Wedding Reception. Had made time to go into the centre to have a browse, and spent some money on shoes. Liked it a lot, so wanted to go back, and eventually did....

Would like to be in a position to say I'd left all my 'men's' shoes at home..... But the prospect of driving for [up to] 3 hours in heels didn't seem prudent. I wore regular clothes and shoes for the bulk of the journey, changing into longer jeans and my HD boots, about a mile or two outside the city.

First job was to get booked into the hotel, wearing heels. Did this, but the room wasn't ready. Left the car outside the hotel, and only having to cross the road ,went shoe shopping ...... For about 6 hours. biggrin.gif

Had lunch out, and walked for what seemed miles. I can tell you, Cardiff is the King of Shopping Cities. Went to most of the big name stores, including my favourite, House of Fraser. I bought nothing, Mrs Freddy spied a couple of things, but initially didn't spend any money on clothes or shoes either. [Though she did try to buy a 'sale' style of Carvela shoes in about 3 different stores!] Mrs Freddy did find a dress in John Lewis she liked, walking back through the store while returning to our hotel. On sale from what I remember was a prohibitively expensive amount of money, to something that might be considered merely expensive. A bright red number, so vivid that it would get her noticed wherever she planned to wear it. rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

It was a warm sunny weekend, and it's some of the reason we went that particular one. I'd say the heat, especially outside, made every 100 yards walked seem like 200 yards. And in 4" heels too. biggrin.gif

Finally back at the hotel they tried to put us into a greenhouse, a sealed room with the curtains left open all day, that without aircon was just too hot to bear. We got a cooler room, then unpacked and showered up..... I felt it was not a great situation as wearing heels and being a complainer might draw attention? As it turned out, things went well at the hotel afterwards regardless.

Had a change of clothes and put on cooler fresh heels. This time out, my fav Faith pair. Less discreet because they have a thinner heel [not stiletto] but more easily seen by anyone taking a second glance. We left the hotel at around 9pm, but it was still sunny and bright outside. Walking around the centre to find a restaurant was stimulating. wink.gif Quite a few people were sitting around along our route enjoying the pleasant evening, and I made sure I didn't look backwards to get embarrassed if my heels were spotted. I found that walking out as a couple, meant we were pretty much ignored. cool.gif

We got to a restaurant quite soon, and sat at a seat with a view. The bench we sat on next to each other faced toward the bar counter, and just about every employee got a clear view of my footwear anytime they looked out from the bar... We stayed for a couple of hours and managed to sink a bottle of wine with our meal. The restaurant was a Prezzo and I can report the food was excellent, and the staff exemplary.

When it came time to leave, and we were just about the last to go ..... I had to walk up some open stairs while staff ate close by. Having had a drink [and I usually manage about 3 bottles of beer a year], I was too merry to care if anyone noticed my footwear. We paid and left a respectable tip. Believe me, the staff there were wonderful. As we left, just about everyone wished us well and waved. [And that's before they picked up the money we'd left.]

Outside, things were busy. We knew the place would be buzzing, but hadn't expected what we saw. Possibly thousands of people outside, walking between bars, to/from clubs ..... From the High Heel Appreciation point of view, I can report I found myself in HH Paradise. Mrs Freddy possibly got a bit fed up with my jaw dragging along the pavement .... But I just didn't feel the need to be that discreet about my gawping. Most folk were just to drunk to notice anything. I only wish I'd had a better video camera to record what I could see.

We walked back to the hotel, only a couple of hundred yards away. Herself got a wrap as the air had chilled, and I put on some slightly higher heels. We then returned to the bars ....... Sadly, by the time we returned, drink, a largish meal, and a long day had started to take its toll. We were tired, and after only 15 minutes, decided we wouldn't go into a bar for an even later night, but went back to the hotel taking the long route as to enjoy the warmish midnight air.

Once back we were shortly in bed and fast asleep..... mellow.gif

Next day, we rose and went for brekkie in the hotel. We shared the breakfast room with between 20 and 30 other customers and it was obvious there were several stag and hen parties there. I was again wearing my HD boots, and while sitting these could be seen. At the time I was too weary to care . ohmy.gif... We both had a decent amount of food, then checked out. The car stayed in the hotel car park, while we went for a visit to Cardiff Bay by bus.

It was another hot sunny day, and the breeze of the bay was welcome. I got a little sun burned, despite only being out in the Sun for an hour or two. There was a food festival that weekend, and the place was heaving. Lots going on.....

I'm not sure if it was the heat, or the bird poop that got deposited on my shoulder while we sat in the bay, but we got back to the city in mid afternoon. I guess the prospect of the journey home through Sunday traffic wasn't a great help either. As it turned out, the journey was quite uneventful, save some slow traffic toward the M4/M25 junction. To drive home I changed into my flat shoes again, and I can tell you, it was a welcome relief. huh.gif

I suppose it's a fair assumption that your feet can become 'conditioned' to wearing heels, and for shorter periods [4-6 hours] mine are. But I've seldom spent so much continuous time in heels, and never in such hot weather while wearing them. I'd say about 14 hours on Saturday, and 6 or 7 hours on Sunday? Much of that time walking too, with only eating time allowing my feet to cool/calm down.

It was a great weekend though. I want to do it again, and I hope to before the weather gets too bad. smile.gif

In terms of a High Heel meeting place, this has got to be one of the best opportunities for an evening out heel watching. wink.gifcool.gif

Reason for edit: Typo's ~ spelling ~ grammar.

Edited by FastFreddy2
  • Like 1

Hi FastFreddy2

You and your wife seemed to have a nice trip, a nice stay in Cardiff with a lot of hihg heeliing too. That´s nice, that´s fun. Pleac tell Mrs F a red dress is just the dress to have. I have a red dress too and yes you get noticed when wearing it. Its great to wear black or red heels to a red dress. Its great too bneing out with my girlfreind, me in a red dress, she in a black dress or the vice versa.

Must ask you, I see you had quite a bit of driving to do. You was driving in flat shoes if I don´t mistaken. Do you find it better driving in flat shoes?

I started driving on my own quite recently. To be honest I´m not a good driver. At the driving school my theacher didn´t let me drive in high heels. He ordered me to wear flat heels (ladies shoes any way) and it went a bit better for me driving when I didn´t wore heels.

Did a big big mistake just resently, a couple of weeks ago. Did borrowed my dad´s car, drove in high heels sandal. Did quite a mess to the car. I scratched the whole side of the car when reversing out from the parking place. I guess I must have sliped with my heels on the pedal.

My girfreind did told me not to drive in heels, she told me to change shoes for the drive. Didn´t listen to her, I should have.

I haven´t driven since I had this happened to me. I don´t feel for it, its just that. Don´t know if it was my high heels or me that caused this accident. Don´t know if I had this happened to me if I had been in flat shoes or not.

What do you think? I know sometimes I need a car. It would be good to not having to go by bus or train all the times. I would be good too not having standing waiting for the bus in my high heels every evening in my heels.

Pleace give my love to Mrs F.

What do you think? I know sometimes I need a car. It would be good to not having to go by bus or train all the times. I would be good too not having standing waiting for the bus in my high heels every evening in my heels.

Pleace give my love to Mrs F.

I think young drivers aren't usually anything like as careful as insurance companies would like them to be. Statistically, young drivers are significantly more likely to have accidents, rather like yourself? sad.gif

Heels may have contributed to your incident, but my experience suggests wearing heels doesn't inhibit good or sensible driving. I have in the past, driven through the West End of London many times wearing heels. It has a traffic system and congestion problems unmatched by most cities in the Western World. unsure.gif So far, no driving problems except a parking ticket. rolleyes.gif

If you need your own transport, you will have to persist in your driving. If you think flat shoes are safer [as does your instructor] it would seem prudent advice to follow surely? When you are both more competent and more confident, a return to driving in heels might be a temptation you may no longer need to resist. cool.gif

I will pass on your good wishes to Mrs F, thank you.

Hi FastFreddy2

Thank´s for your advise. Must ask you, does Mrs F drive? If so does she drives in heels or flat?

I know I should had lissten to what my instructor said but you know me, I love heels. Its just that.

I know I must do much more practising driving. My dad and my sisters boyfreind has has told me they would be more then willing to practise driving with me. Its just that I seems to have little time for this just now and besides now that I have had this incident everyone know I ok, my girlfreid´s ok, my dad and my sisters boyfreind are laughing about this incident.

My dad is saying I´m driving as my mom, my sisters boyfreind is saying I´m driving as my sister. I don´t want them to say so. I shall try to prove they´re wrong.

Haven´t told the guys at the office about my incident. I have told the girls about it. Two of the girls had done the same as me. They had the same incident. The girls understands how I´m feeling about this though.

I just wonder what Mrs F thinks about this?

Thank´s for your advise. Must ask you, does Mrs F drive? If so does she drives in heels or flat?

Yes, though she has not been driving for anything like as long as I have. Mrs F keeps some flat shoes [called a 'deck shoe' here,] in the car to wear while driving.

Hi

Me too, I haven´t been driving for so long too.

I was thinking. I must start practising driving. Was thinking I could, we could, my dad and me practising driving every morning to my office. He could come over picking me up at my place, then I driving to my office. Then he continue to his office.

I could change in too a pair of my flat ballerina shoes then changing to heels when coming to the office as I need to follow the dress code at the offic.

Do you think this is a good idea? Does Mrs F thinks its a good idea?

As an inexperienced driver you should take all the help you can get to keep things easy. Wear flat shoes while driving at least until you get used to driving some more. I used to wear ballet flats to drive to work each day as I had a 60 mile trip each way. Once you have full control of a car and more confidence then move on to driving in heels.

I have driven in heels too, and found they can make things more difficult but not impossible. Most women I know also wear flats to drive and change when they arrive at their destination.

BTW Freddy, good to see you posting and finally hear about the Cardiff trip. Glad you and Mrs F had a good time, and all that time in heels way to go :D

Most women I know also wear flats to drive and change when they arrive at their destination.

And maybe, with experience, to protect the heels of the shoes? I hadn't thought to mention it, but when I drive in heels [getting my ankles used to their new walking position], I use an old towel folded in the footwell to ensure the back of the shoes don't get scuffed. wink.gif

BTW Freddy, good to see you posting and finally hear about the Cardiff trip. Glad you and Mrs F had a good time, and all that time in heels way to go :D

Yes, thanks. And starting to look like we saw most of the 2011 British summer that weekend. sad.gif

I might have some piccies and a short video to post. Most of the images were poor quality [on the fly] street shots, and the video in low light at night. But it might still be possible to get gist of the evenings 'shoe' entertainment. cool.gif

Hi FF2

Its ok, Im´ok. Just wanted you to know dad has accept to start practising driving with me.

I shall wear flat heel shoes. I think its best I´m wearing flat heels shoes while driving then as you are saying changing into heels when I´m at my destination.

Its a good tip about the tovel so one not scratch the heels. I think there is a special carpet for this.

Was thinking about dad´s car. I think its so big. Its a Volvo something. Don´t think I´mm silly but I think its to big for me. Its ok out on the road but not in the city. My mom think´s so too and then there is all the gears to think of. I don´t know how many gears thre are but I think its to many for me.I want to have a small car, with not so many gears and it should be a car that I didn´t need to change gear.

What kind of car do you have? And does Mrs F like your car or she feels like me and my mom?

Must ask you also, have Mrs F worn her new dress yet and did she looked nice in it?

Pleace tell her, my girlfreind and I are going to a party Saturday, I probably going to wear a dress, my girlfreind are too and of course high heels

Was thinking about dad´s car. I think its so big. Its a Volvo something. Don´t think I´mm silly but I think its to big for me. Its ok out on the road but not in the city. My mom think´s so too and then there is all the gears to think of. I don´t know how many gears thre are but I think its to many for me.I want to have a small car, with not so many gears and it should be a car that I didn´t need to change gear.

What kind of car do you have? And does Mrs F like your car or she feels like me and my mom?

Must ask you also, have Mrs F worn her new dress yet and did she looked nice in it?

I don't think anyone is going to feel confident, nor be competent in a vehicle they feel is too large for them to drive safely.

I'm not keen on large cars either, but that's because I like smaller more efficient styles. My personal experience is that most [not all] women/girls prefer smaller cars. That said, two in my family run Land Rovers and a third runs a fairly large 5 seat 5 door hatchback. Mrs F prefers small vehicles like me [even smaller actually] and while she is licensed to drive a geared car, prefers to drive an auto.

Mrs F has worn the red dress as our recently bereaved close family friend wanted bright colours at her funeral. It's not my favourite style, but it did the job and Mrs F likes it very much. It went well with a jacket, which was needed later when it cooled down. [The 'Wake' was in a marquee because of the wet weather we've had here recently.]

Unusually, I did get Mrs F to read this thread, with a view to her responding to some of your queries directly. As I expected, she has little interest in these Forums, preferring to converse with people she might know and has met personally. I'd suggest it wouldn't be appropriate for me to either take further questions to her, or about her. Doesn't seem fair for me to 'second guess' an answer, even if after all these years, I should know how she feels about most things. wink.gif

Hi FF2

I´m sorry I didn´t want to upset you or Mrs F. I just wanted to know how she thinks about things.

My girlfreind and I are not married but we´re been together for a long time so I pretty much know what she thinks, what she feels. She´s knows and feels pretty much what I´m thinking, feeling.

My girlfreind reading the postings here. She thinks its sad not more women, more girlfrend/wiife is posting here.

She thinks its cool I´m wearing heels and skirts.

About dresses. I was wearing a dress Saturday. A black one. My girlfreind wore a dress too. I shall not go in to details but I would tell you both me and my girlfreind wore black nylons. Not pantyhose but old fashion nylon stocking with suspenders and garter belt. It was great, cool. Me feeling very sexy!

This outfit semmed to be a great hit, especially amongst the other ladies at the party.

Had to do a lot of dancing. Yes in 5 inch stiletto heels. It was awesome!

Me too I prefer small cars. I did ask my girl freinds, my lady freinds. They was thinking feeling like me as well as Mrs F. They all prefering smaller cars and yes an automatic car.

Can´t help it there, I´m the same as the girls, well most of them anyway.

Once again, sorry if I have upset you.

Edited by guyinheels

Once again, sorry if I have upset you.

No upset, so no apology required, thank you all the same. cool.gif

She thinks its sad not more women, more girlfrend/wiife is posting here.

Just re-read your original post this is taken from. Seems a bit of an odd comment [on reflection] since your girlfriend does not post here either?

Wives and girlfriends are hardly likely to post on a forum about an interest they are not keen for their husbands of boyfriends to indulge in. [That would be most of them I expect?] In contrast, your girlfriend is happy for you to wear heels [and other female clothing], but doesn't post. And is sad other women who perhaps don't approve aren't posting? huh.gif

Little bit contradictory perhaps?

Reason for edit: Further comment added.

Edited by FastFreddy2
  • Like 1