Sign in to follow this  
BobHH

Jessica Simpson Heels

While browsing Endless.com, I ran across Jessica Simpson JS Glendoll heels, listed as size 12 (USW). They were very attractive, and I have never seen her shoes that large before. Size 12 is sort of marginally small for me, but I took a chance and ordered them. AHA! They are labeled 12B/42 on the shoe and the box. I have never believed that 42 was the same as 12 - more like 10.5 or 11, though some are advertised that way. Sure enough, they looked more like those sizes than 12s when placed alongside other shoes. But, I tried them on anyway and amazingly they slipped on rather easily and are quite comfortable, though they wouldn't have fit if they were any smaller. They were described as a 1" platform and 5" heel, which was obviously not right from the picture, having quite a high platform. As it turns out, they are about 1 3/4" platform and 6" heel. I really don't care for high platforms, but they are so attractive and comfortable that I will keep them. And 12 is no longer available.

Herewith a picture from the website:

post-59-0-25969800-1309757295_thumb.jpg

When I first got back into heels, I spent a lot of time surfing the net for street-wear heels. One of the styles I found was Jessica Simpson Alpine, wub.gif but only available to the local US market. Not only unavailable to me, but waaay past my budget too.

What seemed like quite some time later, Overstock got some in plus offered them with some discount. They also shipped [taxes paid] to the UK, so I bought a US10 hoping they'd fit. They're a lovely boot, but about half a size big, in keeping with Bob's report. cool.gif I could wear them with socks, but that isn't ideal..... [Maybe okay in winter?]

Around 4 months later still, I got the chance to get the same boot in a US 9 1/2 from an Ebay store in the US that agreed to ship to the UK. [At +US$40/+UK£25 if I recall.] I bought them too. They are a great fit length wise, though still a bit wider than I prefer. I expect they could easily be worn all day, given the room inside and the padded footbed. Needless to say, I've never worn either pair. wacko.gif

I will have to put the US10's on Ebay at some stage, as they'll never be worn by me. Think they cost me around £100 delivered too. huh.gif Nothing ventured ..... wink.gifsmile.gif

Normally, I am not big on motorcycle type boots as I prefer a more femenine boot with a pointed toe and stiletto heel. But something about these Jessica's appeals to me, possibly that the toe is more pointed and the heel is thinner than usual. Might be good for business trips this winter to colder northern cities.

Thanks for posting.

E

What could have been my favourite boot of all time, if I'd found them with a US retailer who would ship to the UK.

This is a YouTube video, and it not office safe ...... <noisey>

Very similar to the Alpine in basic foot shape, but more solid up through the calf to the knee. cool.gif

P.S.

@Eoneleg.

Cool avatar. cool.gif

Edited by FastFreddy2