Sign in to follow this  
very c

Viewing A Topic From Original Post To Latest Post Not Reading From Top To Bottom

Hello,

I have just joined today and am trying to catch up on all the posts but i am having a hard time reading them.

I would like to read the post starting at the original post at the top and then each subsequent post following on from that reading down the page

ie.

original post

second post

third post

forth post

latest post

if i choose the 'standard' setting in my profile it reads as

last post

forth post

third post

second post

original post

linear + reads as

original post

last post

forth post

third post

second post

and outline i can't even work out.

i am using firefox with ubuntu

standard linear + outline

am I missing a setting, is it my computer setup or is something not right?

it is really hard to read at the moment as i have to go to the end of the page and read up (scrolling in between each post if it doesn't fit on the screen), if there is anything i can do i would appreciate it

thanks

Edited by very c

FWIW, if you had read every previous post, and had to scroll through all the history to get to the most recent one, wouldn't you spend more time scrolling than reading?

I'm a member on several other Forums where this sequence is used. On a really long thread [70 to 100+ replies] it's possible to lose the will to live getting to the last comment. biggrin.gif This is especially true of older threads. Here there's less traffic [unfortunately] so there are few running threads to keep a hold on. Reading the last post by simply opening up the thread, can be an extremely effective way of minimising 'trawling' time.