Sign in to follow this  
miltboot

Boot Hiatus

The summer heat has finally arrived here in Texas. Time to put the boots away until fall. Absolutely too hot to have that much leather covering the legs.

If your avatar is a pair of your boots, I'd be sorry to have to put them away for any length of time, heat or no heat. sad.gif

If there's any chance of a full length photo of any of your boots, I'm sure I won't be the only one pleased to see it posted here? wink.gifcool.gif If your boots are already in storage, maybe later in the year ....... ?

Those are indeed my boots in my avatar, FF2. If you want to see more pictures of my boots, I'm on Flickr under the name bootheel65.

Those are indeed my boots in my avatar, FF2. If you want to see more pictures of my boots, I'm on Flickr under the name bootheel65.

Looking good! cool.gif

Any details on the boots?

They are all Pleaser brand boots. Seduce 3010 and Domina 3013. They are all thighboots, so you can imagine how uncomfortable they are in hot weather.

They are all thighboots, so you can imagine how uncomfortable they are in hot weather.

All that sweat? Great way to keep the weight down? wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Seriously, many in the UK would envy the chance for such weather. We all believed Global Warming would bring more Sunshine to these temperate (damp) shores. IT IS warmer when we see the Sun, but usually GW just means more rain. sad.gif [Moisture from the warmed up Atlantic perhaps?]

You've great taste in footwear, if you don't mind me saying. Can't do long boots myself thanks to pencil thin legs, but it doesn't stop me enjoying seeing them worn by others. smile.gif

Hi

The weather is getting colder here too. Was in my knee high 5 inch boots and a mini skirt Saturday. I love boots, love high heels.

Planning wearing black high heel knee high boots and a grey skirt suit to office today. I might changing in to a pair of high heel pupms at the office. We will see.

Take care

Edited by guyinheels

Cooler weather has finally arrived in our corner of the world. Boot time. ;-)

Apart from a couple of weeks when we had some sunshine, this has been the coolest, wettest summer here for some time. [something like 20 years.] Things really getting cool now..... sad.gif

My only consolation is that money I might have spent on going out or time away, is now available for buying [yet more] footwear. huh.gif

Big boot weekend coming up. Halloween here in the States. Costumes=boots. ;-)

We don't have the 'men as girls' theme so much here in the UK. It's still pretty much the children running around neighbours after sweets [candy], them often dressed as ghouls or super-heroes. sad.gif

I'd hoped to get out with Mrs Freddy somewhere, but she's been invited to some do on Saturday, with men folk left to look after themselves. rolleyes.gif Today I got asked if I wanted to work this Saturday night at a 21st birthday party. Money isn't good, but mindful they'll be plenty of high heels around, I succumbed. biggrin.gif In an ideal world I'd be wearing them too, but mindful what I'll be doing, it probably is for the best I'll be wearing trainers. dry.gif

If you are out in costume, have a good time. wink.gifcool.gif

It remains reasonably warm here, for the time of year [Autumn] anyway. The rains have arrived though, so umbrellas and canoes are the order of the day. biggrin.gif

For reasons only understood by Scottish farmers at the end of the 18th Century, we are again in a situation when we have lighter mornings, and darkness by close to 5pm. In some ways I'm quite keen on this, because it means there are more hours of darkness to cover any time I might be outside in heels. That said, it's a benefit I'm not really getting to realise because of the rain ..... We're not getting the light drizzle of yesteryear either. No, these days rain usually means the UK version of monsoon. ohmy.gif Hence the 'canoe' remark....

Roll on Spring 2012. cool.gif

I guess it's time for the hiatus to end. The unbearably hot weather seems to have ended. The old boots have become boring, though. Time to go shopping. ;)

I guess it's time for the hiatus to end. The unbearably hot weather seems to have ended. The old boots have become boring, though. Time to go shopping. ;)

Ours never really got started... Again. :rolleyes:

Re-reading the entire thread, I recall feeling 2011 was the wettest I could remember. As reported, the wettest for 20 years.

Now looking back on the summer of 2012, I can confirm it was the UK's wettest summer on record. :(

I too would like to be buying new boots. High heeled welly boots. :wacko:

The exact opposite here, FastFreddy. The past two years have meant two of the hottest, driest summers on record here in Texas. Even last winter was never really "cold". In the past few months we have finally started getting decent amounts of rain.

The weather is getting equally messed up here.

Autumn/Winter 2010 was about the coldest here on record. I spent 6 weeks living in a (new for me) house with barely adequate heating. I spent several of the coldest nights, going to bed half dressed. Even with the central heating on, some rooms were not tolerable without some sort of gillet or thermal cover like fleecy jacket.

Autumn/Winter 2011 wasn't as bad for us in the South, but others had it bad again.

Not only were they two of the coldest winters in living memory, but the seasons were both dry. At the start of 2012, restrictions on the use of hose pipes were promised, and did get announced. We were looking at drought conditions as reservoirs were already 30-40% low at the start of the warmer/drier season.

The dry winter was replaced by a very very very wet spring, followed by the a wet start to the summer. As I reported elsewhere, the reservoirs filled to their high Autumn/Winter marks, during spring, a situation almost unheard of. Floods were not uncommon, as the ground became fully saturated. Thankfully we had some respite for the Olympics.

I doubt anyone can accurately predict the coming weather as far forward as December/January/February, but I think it fair to say no-one in the UK is looking forward to it. With the cost of energy pricing going up again, it's something of a double whammy. I'm becoming more and more aware of the need to continually improve the insulation of my abode.

In Texas, I guess the issue would be how well the air-conditioning is working? ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2