Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

New Look "plimsolls"

Bought a pair of wedge plimmies off Ebay a few weeks back. Black with moderate heel. Rubber sole (quiet) and a toe shape that gave nothing away. Got them half price, and new. Result?

A whole size too small. Clearly marked 41/8 but a 7 at best.

As luck would have it, I got full credit at NW, so not lost money .... But I actually wanted the shoes.....

Had tried on a larger size while in London with Heelman500, and they fitted. Bit expensive I thought at £25, so waited to see if I could nab a pair in a sale. Must have missed them if they were discounted, but >> these << came up the other day. Not sure these will be suitable as the weather is getting warmer (at last), but they look like they'd be comfortable, so I've ordered some. In anticipation, I've ordered the size 9's expecting them to come up small again. Should have them by the weekend. They look like a style any of us could 'get away' with wearing almost anywhere ...... :-) ;)

Strange coincidence as I have seen these styles with heels and as a wedge and thought they'd possibly be suitable for any of us heel wearing males to wear incognito. Was in New Look last weekend when I saw the ones you linked to and quite liked them too, so it will be interesting to read your comments on them.

I have considered just diving in and buying a pair on a few occasions though.

I was told yesterday, these plimmey's had been marked down to £12 in the shops, but larger sizes were thin on the ground. rolleyes.gif

The 42/9's fit, but didn't arrive as promptly as expected. Piccies to follow (still unsure.gif).

Just a little update.

Apparently the £12 price referred to the original plimsoll version of the shoe. The ones I have, are more like baseball boots and are still £15. Given they are suede and a proper black [not black/grey as the current AW10 plimsoll version] I'd say £15 was a very attractive price.

Waiting for some calls to be returned, I finally found time to lace up the (very) long laces supplied with the shoes. Took a little while to get both feet to have matching laced patterns, but I got it done. cool.gif

Had a little walk around the house. I don't usually wear heels indoors, as I struggle wearing them on carpet ..... But these are literally like wearing slippers. REALLY comfortable, and the heel feels smaller than it looks. In fact I could wear these all day and probably forget I had them on!

Size 9's have just come back in stock ...... Might have to invest in a second pair ...... biggrin.gif

Went to the West End with Mrs Freddy on Sunday. [Free parking so least expensive method to visit.]

Decided to try the NL 'baseball' boots to get around.

Easy to walk in, but getting them laced up while sitting in the car was a task fit for a charity challenge that might have earned a fair bit of sponsorship money. rolleyes.gif Obviously I had forgotten how long it took to lace up my last pair of baseball boots some 30+ years ago. If I had remembered, they would have stayed at home pending a more suitable 'maiden voyage'. Meaning, a time when I had 30-40 minutes spare before leaving home...... And trying to be patient while working through a (car) steering wheel threading black on black laces through equally dark eyelets!

Once on though ..... Well, it was like walking around in silent slippers. Absolutely no noise at all. Comfy to the point of feeling like I wasn't wearing heels.... In terms of a challenge to walking, there wasn't one. I'd suggest anyone trying to walk in heels for the first time, should consider breaking themselves in with a pair of these. wink.gif

Recommended. cool.gifbiggrin.gif

Bit of a saga .......

The UK size 9/EU42 baseball version had come up as in stock again on the NL web site, so I tried to buy a second pair on-line using the voucher I swapped out, for the original [too small] pair of shoes. It didn't work.

Tried to contact NL by phone on an 0871 number and gave up after I'd spent 25p [5 minutes] listening to a recording telling me how busy they were and someone would speak to me soon. rolleyes.gif

I decided I wasn't going to get a second pair after all. Hey-ho.sad.gif

Had to go to St. Albans on Monday, and leaving the multi-storey car park, walked past a fairly large NL store to get into the main shopping area. On my return I had a quick look inside. UNBELIEVABLY, they had 2 pairs of the baseball style shoe in my size on the Sale shelf. ohmy.gif Obviously I didn't have the voucher with me, as it had been removed from the car and put next to the computer at home to use on-line. rolleyes.gif

Today, [Tuesday], I returned with my £20 voucher, and bought two pairs of baseball style shoe. cool.gif

I'll probably sell the 3rd pair, as two pairs will suffice, just so long as the money isn't tied up in a voucher any longer. wink.gif It's been my experience, vouchers (unlike money) are always in the right place at the wrong time. And if I don't sell them on, at least I've got something to put on my feet, which I can't do with a voucher. tongue.gif

I haven't forgotten about the piccies. I've been unusually busy with things that are keeping me away from the computer. huh.gif

The style I managed to get in the right size, are these:

New Look suede baseball style plimmy.

They are reduced from £35 to £15 at NL which is what they cost me, and it's what I'd like for them. [unsurprisingly. biggrin.gif]

They are marked 9/42 but are in fact a UK 8. To a degree, £15 might at first seem like a lot of money for this style, but they are suede, not canvas. I found them easy to walk in despite the heel, in fact they feel much lower than what appears to be a 4 inch heel.

I mentioned to herself these might be a 'walk everywhere style shoe', and she wasn't surprised. wink.gif

Let me know if any are for sale and which ones as I may well be interested. :)

And I'm over your way tomorrow morning ...... wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Spotted in a Tesco store the other day ...... < click >

Image quality not good as it's taken by a cheap phone. I still intend to do a short vid of mine soon. blink.gif