Sign in to follow this  
heelman500

An Adventure In New Look

Well I went out to New Look this morning, because I wanted a pair of boots that were quite subtle and would not be noticeable as womens heels for general wear around town.

Anyway I found these (attached pic) ankle boots in the style that most women are wearing at the moment and thought that under a pair of jeans it would be very difficult to work out that they werent mens boots (Well that was the plan anyway!) So as the shop was really empty I was there trying on several different pairs of boots and had settled on these, when the girl that works in there and has served me previously came over and asaid "I have just reduced a pair of calf length boots down to £10 as they are the last ones in stock and we want rid, they are a size 9, so would you be interested? Yes sure, let me have a look, so she brings them over and I notice that they have no zip :D and if I get them on, how will I get them off in case they are a little on the snug side? So I mention this to her and she says don't worry I will give you a hand, (I am wearing knee lengths as well - to make it easier to try things on) next thing I know I am putting these boots on with no problem, she is not the slightest bit fazed by either my trying on boots or the kneehighs. Ok they look ok to me she says, have a walk and see how they feel! I didn't need asking twice and had a quick tour of the shoe department and then decided it would be extremely uncharitable of me not to purchase these boots as well!B)

So I am paying for my two pairs of boots and she asks "How were those stilettos you bought the other day?" ... "My wife really likes them" I said, "No not the small pair, the ones you got for yourself!":rolleyes: ((BUSTED)) I said "They are really good, probably my favourite pair to date" "I know she says I have a couple of pairs - I got them with my discount-"

Not sure if I have overshopped our local New Look, but with an assistant like this I don't think that it really matters...........

post-861-0-90424700-1299879571_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-12025700-1299879582_thumb.jpg

See there you go again trying to make us all jealous lol.

That's a real boon to a shop when the assistants can be as positive and helpful to all their customers as the one you dealt with. Far from overshopping the store it seems you got yourself noticed and seen as a good and worthwhile customer too.

Nice boots you ended up with and a real bargain you otherwise might not have got, win win win then. :rolleyes:

It's official, I am now, one seriously hacked off bunny! :rolleyes::DB)

That must have been some charm school you went to. B)

Very true shyguy, she was very helpful and I think that she runs the shoe department as she knows whats coming up for discount soon.... probably a good person to know. And on the very plus side she is good looking AND wears heels! (Ah damn Im married better not let her indoors read this!)