Sign in to follow this  
heelman500

Brantanos

I was a little bored this afternoon as the electric has been off all morning and decided that as her indoors has gone over to her mothers for the afternoon, to do a little shoe shopping in town (Now that all the kids are back in school!) I had a wander in to New Look as there are a couple of pairs of shoes that I have on my wish list at the moment.

I tried on a pair of black boot shoes http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/boots/lace-up-bootie_212625101 along with some ankle boots http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/boots/suedette-button-boot_209575941 (Though in Black not blue) and http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/boots/suedette-button-boot_209575941 and a pair that i am wearing in the attached pic but is not shown online.

There were not too many people in the shoe section and nobody paid any attention whatsoever to me trying on heels, the only problem was that my camera did not focus properly when I tried to get some snaps in their mirror (It was a bit grimy) as they are moving the shoe department around, making way for the summer stock.

I then had a wander down to Brantanos and tried on several pair, (Pictures are in my gallery), whilst I had the black peep toe courts on the manager came up to see if I needed any assistance :) and shock/horror she used to run a bar that I drank in before she took over at Brantanos as manager. We had a quick catch up chat (Whilst i was wearing the heels) and I managed to palm her off with the old "Its for a fancy dress costume" excuse. She was most helpful and said that if I needed any help getting trying on or getting some delivered then she would definitely help me out. (I felt a bit bad telling her a white lie but I really don't want someone I know and might bump into to know what I am up to with my heeling!).

I tried on one more pair of heels and decided to head home for the day.... my next trying on expedition will probably be somewhere other than my home town :(

post-861-0-42796800-1298903977_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-08817700-1298904414_thumb.jpg

I then had a wander down to Brantanos and tried on several pair, (Pictures are in my gallery), whilst I had the black peep toe courts on the manager came up to see if I needed any assistance :D and shock/horror she used to run a bar that I drank in before she took over at Brantanos as manager. We had a quick catch up chat (Whilst i was wearing the heels) and I managed to palm her off with the old "Its for a fancy dress costume" excuse. She was most helpful and said that if I needed any help getting trying on or getting some delivered then she would definitely help me out. (I felt a bit bad telling her a white lie but I really don't want someone I know and might bump into to know what I am up to with my heeling!).

I tried on one more pair of heels and decided to head home for the day.... my next trying on expedition will probably be somewhere other than my home town :(

Class! B)

An excellent read, well worth your suffering for the benefit/amusement of the membership here.

We thank you. :):P:D

I have also tried heels on in Brantano. Recently went in and the assistants (3) were stocktaking with their table set up in the ladies size 8 area, just where I wanted to be. I was looking at some ankle boots and took a pair and went to a seat near their table to try them on, they were too small. The older of the assistants said that she would look in the stockroom for a larger size. She came back with 2 styles in a size 10. One pair was too large and the other fitted well. I put them on and took a walk around the store. The same assistant came up to me and said that the boots looked good and commented on how well I walked in them and called the other two assistants over to come and see.They were all complimentary about the look and how well I walled in them. Usually it is me admiring females in heels, a pleasant experience to be admired wearing heels by three females. 

• Like 1

Several years ago, Brantano sold women's shoes up to size 11.   They were then discontinued (presumably through perceived low demand) but I happened to be in a branch during a sale period and found a rather nice pair of size 11 purple velvety leather sandals with a 4.25" oval blade heel in moc-croc pattern and ankle ties.   The best thing was that they were reduced from £45 to £3!   The cashier smiled broadly when I took them to the counter, but I'm sure she believed me when I said they were for a 'vicars and tarts' party.   They fit me quite well, although a little narrow, but they have never been out of the bedroom and I will probably dispose of them.  Brantano now only goes to size 10; pity.

• Like 1

I've had no luck at all in Brantano, to the point the store I used to visit, hasn't seen me for some time. I remember once entertaining a member of staff and startling a fellow customer by trying a pair of ladies shoes, but that's about it. I had noticed they went to size 9, but had not seen any 10's or 11's.

Brantano is one shoe shop  that I don't  visit. Just looked online and there is nothing I would want to buy.  They don't seem to do high heels.

2 hours ago, Heels said:

Brantano is one shoe shop  that I don't  visit. Just looked online and there is nothing I would want to buy.  They don't seem to do high heels.

Yes, I rather agree.   Most of what it sells (for either sex) is rather boring and solid, and generally expensive.   Librarians and geography teachers must love Brantano!

• Like 1