Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

Facebook Integration Question

I noticed we have an option to login with Facebook, but how much integration is there with Facebook?

For example does anything posted or in our profiles here crossover to Facebook?

Just curious.

There must be plenty going on with Facebook.

I often check who has logged on recently. Google and Yahoo spend a lot of time indexing, and Facebook has started appearing more frequently too. :(

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't THEY're not out to get you." :):D

I noticed we have an option to login with Facebook, but how much integration is there with Facebook?

For example does anything posted or in our profiles here crossover to Facebook?

Just curious.

I had to create a facebook app so that members or those wanting to join can simply login directly with their facebook logins, and it can then take facebook updates and post them on here as there profile updates also, but that second part is optional, you CAN opt not to post facebook updates on her.

It was primarily to enable those who want to register using their facebook logins.

As this is along the same lines I'm adding it here...

Since the new updates appeared I have only just logged in. Horrifed to see my face blasted all over the site as it had integrated with the Google Gravatar and automatically added it. I knew what to do to change it quickly, but others may not and might be put off if like me they want this part of our lives to be kept from public scrutiny. Can you stop the site automatically picking up the Gravatar for new / other members?

Since the new updates appeared I have only just logged in. Horrifed to see my face blasted all over the site as it had integrated with the Google Gravatar and automatically added it.

As pretty much expected.....

What happens when you publish your life? Be that on Facebook or Google+ or anywhere else, don't you loose the right to privacy? Ask a politician of someone else who is a member of a public body when newspapers publish photo's or lurid details about one of them. Become a public figure, and you loose your automatic right to anonymity. I'd be surprised if publishing details about yourself on the internet, [ie "welcome to this - my life"], wouldn't open up doors to the same problem?

That aside, I did think you were being brave posting a picture of yourself. Never occurred to me, it might be unintended. ;)