Sign in to follow this  
heelman500

An Afternoon On Oxford Street

On Sunday 6th Feb I had arranged to meet up with fastfreddy2 on Oxford Street for an afternoon discussing and viewing heels in various stores.

For the afternoon I wore a pair of Brantano calf length suedette 3 1/3 inch heeled boots under a pair of jeans, I travelled into Central London on the Central line and had a good wander around before meeting FF2 up for a coffee at Starbucks.

After exchanging greetings and a discussion of our high heels interests, it was off to sample the various shoe stores in the vicinity of selfridges. We had a good look at Barratts, New look (We both had a try on of some heels that we liked, got absolutely no reaction from the young girls also shopping in there!), Next, Primark and then to Selfridges.

We had popped into Superdrug for some items, when we were observed walking around by a gentleman at the back of the store, who was really observing our feet. I found what I needed and whilst queing to pay this chap comes out with "I like your shoes!" "Thanks, do you like mine or his (Pointing at FF2) more,?" "Yours definately!" was his reply... so I asked him if he wanted a pair to which he just laughed. It just goes to show that there really is no problem with wearing heels out and about, as long as you are sensible in what you team your heels with.. I think that he would have been most happy to join us in wearing heels IF he were brave enough!

We had a good look around the shoe floor, what an absolutely fabulous place, though the prices on some of the shoes are out of this world! The only shoes that I wasnt overly impressed with were Christain Louboutin, for some reason they really didnt do anything for me! (Strange I know). Knowing that we were never going to buy a pair in there, we headed off to Debenhams for a coffee.

After coffee we had a quick wander up to the shoe department and I managed to find a pair of Nine West ankle boots down to £45 from £150, they were in my size, but I just couldnt make up my mind.

So it was a quick look into another branch of Next and then aldo shoes before at 545pm I decided that I really MUST have those Nine West boots and nipped back to Debenhams for them.

I bought the boots and said to the assistant that I was going to wear them now, "You must show us what they look like" she said, and after changing into the boots I went over to the cash desk where she and 2 of her colleagues were waiting to finish their shift. "Wow those actually look really good on you" she said "More men should wear them". I think that it might have made their day.

So it was off for a quick bit to eat at Carluccios, where we were seated in the window, I must say that my new boots were a little obvious but I did really like wearing them. I know that the lady on the adjacent table noticed what I was wearing after visiting the facilities and had a real strange look on her face! That was it for the day, I changed into trainers for the train ride home...and look forward to another adventure in heels soon....I hope that some of my fellow heelers on here will join up with us, It really wasnt as daunting as it sounds!

I have attached a picture of the boots so that you can see and will be critiqueing them shortly.

post-861-0-97758100-1298224095_thumb.jpg

Nice write up. B)

We certainly did some walking that day, and in heels too! B)

That we did there was a good deal of walking and it was most enjoyable, my feet did not hurt at all the next day!:D

hope that you all like my writing style though any constructive ideas gratefully received :D

Sorry typing error again!

Edited by heelman500