Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Asos Boots

I've said many times, I won't buy boots or shoes unless I can wear them out. But these got the better of me.....

Abraham boot.

** Don't know if it's a setting I've inadvertently changed, but the ASOS link is showing the price in US$D for some reason. Changing the currency on the top right-hand corner will confirm the selling price at £35. Free delivery if you don't mind waiting 7-10 days. **

I've bought them because (i) they appear to have a very high heel, despite the platform ["high rise" :smile: ] and (ii) they looked to be a good price. ASOS will deliver in the New Year.

Even if they fit, even if I would wear them outside .... I don't have any trousers/jeans long enough to hide the heel.

An excuse for buying -yet another- pair of jeans I suppose? :smile:

Edited by FastFreddy2

Sadly the boots are going back. They fit well and are a quite generous 8. I got them on wearing socks .....

But ....

They're not as high as claimed at 5.34 inches down the back [135.7mm] and the platform is 0.86 inches [22mm] this means instead of having a rise of over 5", they've just about got a 4 1/2" rise. To be honest, it feels higher, but I've got numerous pairs with 4 1/2" heels so why buy another pair in a style I don't particularly favour? [aka platforms.]

Bit of a bargain at £35 though.... :smile:

Heads up ...... cool.gif

These boots have been reduced even further in price [£26], has have a number of other styles. Might be worth a look?

Similar but not same >> for example << a stupidly high heel shoe boot for £13. Obviously, I've ordered a pair. biggrin.gif

Edit: Extra link added.

Edited by FastFreddy2

I've said many times, I won't buy boots or shoes unless I can wear them out. But these got the better of me.....

Abraham boot.

** Don't know if it's a setting I've inadvertently changed, but the ASOS link is showing the price in US$D for some reason. Changing the currency on the top right-hand corner will confirm the selling price at £35. Free delivery if you don't mind waiting 7-10 days. **

I've bought them because (i) they appear to have a very high heel, despite the platform ["high rise" :smile: ] and (ii) they looked to be a good price. ASOS will deliver in the New Year.

Even if they fit, even if I would wear them outside .... I don't have any trousers/jeans long enough to hide the heel.

An excuse for buying -yet another- pair of jeans I suppose? :smile:

I am able to wear only the left shoe with crutches. but I would wear it with jeans. I really love the narrow stiletto heel and the height is no problem for me. Thanks for posting.

E

Delete.

Spent an hour trying to include links with no success. Something wrong somewhere. blink.gif

Edited by FastFreddy2

Delete.

Even pasting the whole URL won't work so it's not a parsing problem ....

Maybe Kurt Geiger doesn't want links to its site from unauthorised 3rd parties, like 'shopping' search engines? Had that problem compounded by dropped phone line to them, and then the 0845 number stopped working altogether, so never got to the bottom of it.

ASOS hosted site then started slowing down [never fast at the best of times.] Sorry all, but I've given up, for today at least. rolleyes.gif

Edited by FastFreddy2

Right ...... 5th time lucky?

Browsing shoes [as one does] I noticed some similarities in styles when this thread got 'bumped' the other day. I had hoped to show this using links [less work for me], but after an hour or so of trying yesterday, it became obvious that easier route wasn't workable. So .....

ASOS Abraham verses Kurt Geiger Verity.

ASOS Timbad verses Kurt Geiger Arnold. [Well, perhaps not that similar. wink.gifbiggrin.gif]

Prices of course, waaaaay different. ohmy.gif