Sign in to follow this  
nemasis

Telling My Girlfriend

I can't strees enough how important that is. It took me a while to get the courage, and i actually tell her on a shoe by shoe basis and she doesn't have a problem with it at all.

It started with me buying a pair of ankle boots that had a 2" block heel and a square toe, from eBay, they were listed as a mens shoe, and thats what i thought. i showed them to her and she thought they were cute. when i researched them a little more i found they were womens shoes. I told her that and she said "i don't care if you wear girl shoes"

I still have to work up the courage to show her a new pair but i feel comfortable doing it. When i pick out my shoes (mostly boots) i pick ones that i can still be confident as a man. I am not a cross dresser or anthing like that, iam a man that enjoys wearing and likes the look of heels. Cause lets face it, mens shoes are boring:-D

Hi Nemasis

That sounds like a great Girlfriend you have. How long have you been together, and how long since then did you tell her about your boots?

we've been together almost 4 years. Like i said, it started with the pair i purchased on ebay. i did not have any heels prior to that. After finding out they were womens, i thought, "why not? There isn't anything or anyone that says i can't." That was about 2 years ago.

I still have to work up the courage to show her a new pair but i feel comfortable doing it. When i pick out my shoes (mostly boots) i pick ones that i can still be confident as a man. I am not a cross dresser or anthing like that, iam a man that enjoys wearing and likes the look of heels. Cause lets face it, mens shoes are boring:-D

My feelings excatly. Mens shoes are flat and boring. I to do not wear anything else. Just like heels with my man cloths.

Would you believe it that it's been over seven years that my GF and I have been together? When we meet she had no idea that I wore heels. Until she was at my house just a week after we meet. We needed to look something up on the net so I open Internet Explorer on my computer and oooops my favorite's on the tool bar had hh sights links right in front of her! I tried to delete them real fast but there was so many of them the list, it just kepted scrolling on and on. She is a smart one and picked it up instantly and asked me that do I wear high high heels. Uhm........yeah I do. Turned out she was cool with it and turns out that she have a bit of a shoe fetish her self, I even got her back to wearing heels but not like when she was a banker but hay give and take. Oh yeah her tastes in shoes are not cheap either. :cool:

The last girl friend who thought my heels were sexy is not around any more - nothing to do with shoes but there were enough other problems, though we still communicate once in a while.

Another lady who knows about and has seen me in heels, I took to Hawaii last year (strictly friendship), but she is now married. A sometime one is a college student whose normal mode of dress is trainers, jeans, and a tank top or a sweatshirt. She knows nothing and isn't into shoes herself.

I have a dance partner who is tall and sexy and beautiful. She is a shoe freak, she says. She wears some sexy heels but has studiously ignored any comments on my part. She does not seem to interested in relationships with men beyond dancing and a little partying.

Oh, well...

Someone I work with from time to time, was requested by myself recently, (while at work), if she would ask one of our customers where the customer had bought her shoes.

My colleagues immediate response was "You want a pair then?" before going off to enquire.

I had thought that perhaps I was more transparent than I believed until last weekend, when I found out my colleague used to help run a lap-dancing club (in her younger days :cool:). Maybe there's something 'about me' she recognises? :o

There's been no confession from me yet ..... but I've no inclination to lie. If I ever get asked, I'll report back here. :lol:

I also posted this on HH Place.

I recently took a vacation with a young girl friend (the college student referred to in 2009). During shopping for the trip, she was looking for green nail polish but didn't find the shade she wanted. I was surprised since this girl is sort of a tomboy, dressing usually in jeans and tank tops, and has never used lipstick or nail polish since I have known her. I have traveled with her before.

I took my own polish - a fairly dark blue by OPI which I was wearing. I also took a pair of high heel peep toe wedges and my pool sandals which are women's from Payless with a slight wedge (but they are the only ones that stay on). I had decided to expose all this to her, hoping for a favorable reaction, but to do it in any case.

I offered her the nail polish and she used it to paint her toes, the first time I have ever seen her do that. The color matched her flip-flops which she wore almost all the time. She did find the shade of green she wanted, but did not use it.

She didn't say much about my polish, but was not favorably impressed with the shoes. She made it clear she did not want to be seen with me in my "girly" shoes.

Most of my previous girl friends have been very accepting and even encouraging about polish and heels, but not this one. Needless to say, I don't expect to see much of her in the future, as she failed the test. Not that there was any future there anyway, as she is younger than my youngest son, but she is attractive.

She didn't say much about my polish, but was not favorably impressed with the shoes. She made it clear she did not want to be seen with me in my "girly" shoes.

Most of my previous girl friends have been very accepting and even encouraging about polish and heels, but not this one. Needless to say, I don't expect to see much of her in the future, as she failed the test. Not that there was any future there anyway, as she is younger than my youngest son, but she is attractive.

I think we'd all agree this sort of reaction is always disappointing, especially from someone young enough to still be fairly uninhibited about such things. But we live in a far from perfect world, and this sort of negative reaction doesn't seem as unusual as we might hope. sad.gif

I spent a small amount of time this morning trying to put a similar 'test' together for all of us. What I came up with seems to be comparable, but I'm not sure:

If we [men] had a buddy [man] who liked going out wearing a skirt, would we go out with them?

Jury is out for me......

The criteria for my own answer is, What does it look like? If my buddy looked like a fat hairy gorilla huh.gif, and he liked wearing a mini skirt to show off his hairy pale legs, I'm thinking; "No chance".

A more slender profile [not necessarily thin BTW], shaved legs with longer skirt and appropriate [girls] footwear, "definite maybe". biggrin.gif Even with the whole ensemble looking like it belonged as it were, I'd still be going out in the knowledge I'd be getting 'looks', sniggers, and even some verbal abuse. [Depending on the where and when of course.] I wouldn't enjoy being at the sharp end of this grief, but I'd like to think I'm man enough to cope/deal with any negative responses while supporting a friend. A situation not unlike the one I had walking around Watford in, I think, 2008 with Dr. Shoe [off HHplace.] He was then still a man, but was done up in full makeup etc. As he was 6ft+ and in heels too, I remember few people not taking a second look. I didn't enjoy the attention, but it goes with the territory I suppose?

Back on thread .....

If anything changes with her, do please keep us informed [here], if you wouldn't mind? I'd like to hear if she ever does offer any feedback to the situation.

As always, best regards.

If we [men] had a buddy [man] who liked going out wearing a skirt, would we go out with them?

Jury is out for me......

The criteria for my own answer is, What does it look like? If my buddy looked like a fat hairy gorilla huh.gif, and he liked wearing a mini skirt to show off his hairy pale legs, I'm thinking; "No chance".

I think that would be my view too, if he looks like something out of a comedy sketch then probably not. I'd say if the friend was going out in a skirt and looked ok then probably yes.

Good analogy though Freddy, taking us into the situation as we appear to others can only help to make us more aware of how others might be feeling when we stray from their accepted view of how things should be.