Sign in to follow this  
allanr

'quiet' heels

How do I find a quiet pair of heels, the last few pairs of shoes / boots i've bought have been very noisey, drawing some attention, although not enough to stop me trying to wear them out and about again, but walking more quietly...

Advice appreciated.

How do you tell how noisy the heels are?

I ask because I thought my dog walking heels were noisy, until I met a neighbour walking his dog and his mens shoes made more noise. I can hear the heels very clearly, and they sound very loud to me, but thus far I haven't even noticed anybody looking back after we pass them.

In a nutshell it may be that most of the noise is imagined rather than actual and you may be exaggerating the sound in your own mind based on your own fears of drawing attention.

Rubber or soft heel tips and soles - probably not stilettos. Wedges tend to be quieter.

I bought a pair of Atmosphere boots from a charity shop on Tuesday, the heel tips were plastic and hardly worn. I went for a walk on Thursday along a canal towpath and within 250 Meters one heel tip had come off and the other had worn down to the nail. This was on a newly resurfaced surface. sounded good though! :rolleyes: