Sign in to follow this  
KRAZY KEV

High heel marathon (26 miles)

IF YOU WERE GOING TO WALK A MARATHON IN HEELS WHICH WOULD YOU WEAR  

15 members have voted

1. 1. IF YOU WERE GOING TO WALK A MARATHON IN HEELS WHICH WOULD YOU WEAR

i have been doing a bit of thinking over the last couple of days wondering if anyone has ever walked a full marathon in heels.

it has dawned on me that if i complete my 10 mile walk with reletive ease then a marathon is a possibility.

the problem is what heels to chose. i have set up a poll of 10 styles that should be fairly comfortable over such a distance but suggestions are welcome. my choice of heel would be 3'' with a single sole or 5'' with a 1.5'' platform and chunky heel. does anyone know of anybody who has done a similar distance? this would be endurance walking in the big league. not quite up with hiking over a mountain in heels but not too far behind and also a lot safer.

i think the platforms would be the best bet as the heels would last a lot longer. the picture just shows examples and colour is irrelevant. the idea is what shoe is most suitable or put another way. least likely to give blisters or sore feet.

post-5051-129209601506_thumb.jpg

could anyone guide me to where i am likely to suffer blisters? when i completed a 5 mile walk the only blisters i had was on my little toes. i was wearing the same sandals as in my avatar. i also had a blister on the ball of 1 foot. i have uploaded a picture showing some shoes. there is a pink pair of sandals that i will be wearing this coming august to do a 10 mile walk but the other ones are what i consider would be most suitable. you will see that i have marked all of them with coloured spots. this is where i think that blisters are most likely to develop. does anyone agree with my opinions. what style would you think would be best? colour and looks are unimportant

post-5051-129209601517_thumb.jpg

Where do you do these marathons? Do you do them in drag? Waht are your bet times for 5 miles? Do you get a serious rush from this?

Read some of his other posts around the place and you will find the answers to those questions...

Wow!! what a great way to wear heels in public and for a good cause. I'd like to find something like this in my area (NH).

do a search for a ''walk a mile in her shoes'' walks. they are held all over the USA. why dont you set up your own walk like i did? its also great fun:-D

Read some of his other posts around the place and you will find the answers to those questions...

5 miles in 7.5'' heels took 3.5 hours including stops. not bad for my first time in heels:-D

Thanks for the heads-up Kev! There happens to be a walk coming up in April in Concord,NH. :lol:

go for it. i know its only a mile but it will be the most enjoyable mile you have ever walked. the best bit is everyone is on your side as they know you are doing something worthwile. my 5 mile walk was my first ever time in heels which are the heels in my avatar (PLEASER XTC826). i had never worn heels of any sort in my life especially in public but i totally enjoyed myself and had a wonderful time. everyone gave me their full suport. good luck :D:D:D:D:D

Edited by KRAZY KEV