Sign in to follow this  
KRAZY KEV

Are you scared to wear heels in public?

IF YOU ARE SCARED OF GOING PUBLIC WOULD YOU CONSIDER WALKING IN HEELS FOR CHARITY  

25 members have voted

1. 1. IF YOU ARE SCARED OF GOING PUBLIC WOULD YOU CONSIDER WALKING IN HEELS FOR CHARITY

• NO WAY I WILL STAY INDOORS
    • ONLY FOR FUNDRAISING
    • POSSIBLY
    • I WALK IN HEELS IN PUBLIC EVERYDAY. IM NOT SHY
    • ONLY AT NIGHT TIME
    • I HAVE WALKED IN HEELS TO FUNDRAISE BEFORE

are you scared to wear your heels in public? dont worry you are not alone. there is no way in a million years that i would wear heels in public everyday.....BUT there is a way around it.

have you ever thought about raising money for charity? this was my solution. you may get a few strange looks from people but at the same time you get their full support on your fundraising quest. in august 2009 i done a 5 mile walk wearing 7.5'' platform sandals to raise money for Help for Heroes. the day went great and as well as enjoying myself i also raised a lot of money for a very good cause. my high heel adventures are not over yet though. in august 2010 i plan to walk 10 miles to raise money for Cancer research. the heels wont be as high (5.75'') but they will still make for a hard challenge. my only words of advice is not to worry what people think because you are doing something worthwile regardless what charity you choose to raise for. i would like to find out how many people are scared to come out into the open so please fill in my poll

post-5051-129209601496_thumb.jpg

if you are scared to wear your heels in public it is a good idea to consider wearing them to raise money for charity like myself. as my photo shows i was not trying to hide the fact that i was wearing womens high heels. the support from the public was very good. i also had good fun especially when a person is staring at you so much that they end up walking in to a lamp post. it does not take much to guess who had the last laugh then. i totally enjoyed doing my walk and there is no way i would even think of walking around in high heels every day. there are plenty of good causes that you can wear your heels for. children in need is just one of them. why not go a little further and wear a skirt or dress like i did. go on have some fun and dont be afraid.

First of all Kev, thanks for posting your picture here, I suppose once seen walking a mile in them it does not really matter, but thanks.

As for the poll here, there isn't really an option for me as I like to wear heels, but not girls heels as such, so you will forgive me for not entering.

if there was an option for, I wear heels when I want to, but they are not that shocking and nobody notices, then I would tick that box. I guess I am not that scared.

I thank you for what you are doing for charity. Keep up the good work.

First of all Kev, thanks for posting your picture here, I suppose once seen walking a mile in them it does not really matter, but thanks.

As for the poll here, there isn't really an option for me as I like to wear heels, but not girls heels as such, so you will forgive me for not entering.

if there was an option for, I wear heels when I want to, but they are not that shocking and nobody notices, then I would tick that box. I guess I am not that scared.

I thank you for what you are doing for charity. Keep up the good work.

Nigel, sounds like the middle option is best for you bud:

I WALK IN HEELS IN PUBLIC EVERYDAY. IM NOT SHY

Your not shy, it mentions nothing of "girls heels" and you wear them every day "you" want to. I wear heels whenever I like too, not always EVERY day, but like all things, its mood dependant, and also depends what I'm doing.

Nigel, sounds like the middle option is best for you bud:

I WALK IN HEELS IN PUBLIC EVERYDAY. IM NOT SHY

Your not shy, it mentions nothing of "girls heels" and you wear them every day "you" want to. I wear heels whenever I like too, not always EVERY day, but like all things, its mood dependant, and also depends what I'm doing.

I suppose so, but it isn't everyday nowadays, see if Kev likes the answer and thinks it wont upset his results.

then I will cast my vote.

maybe i should of worded the 4th option as most of the time. high heels are high heels regardless if they are womens or mens styling but i have biased the poll towards womens heels. are there such heels as unisex heels? i suppose if equal amount of men and women wore a pair of what are termed as womens heels then you could call them unisex:-?:wink:

Just did a "Walk a mile in her shoes" in York, PA

it was a blast in my red patent leather pumps.

check their website ..they have walks all over for charity

Just did a "Walk a mile in her shoes" in York, PA

it was a blast in my red patent leather pumps.

check their website ..they have walks all over for charity

well done. i hope you enjoyed the walk like i did. how high were the heels. i bet you never felt shy at all. its a strange thing when you do something like this for charity as you lose all sense of shyness. its like fancy dress where you all dress up in all sorts of wierd and wonderful outfits. not once was i shy when i done it and i was wearing a pair of huge 7.5'' platforms. again, well done. are you doing it again

I'm thinking that on my way back from the neighbour town, I might take my ankle boots with me and stop at one of the smaller malls to go browse the shoe store... First thing would be to get the boots out of the house without anyone noticing though...

I'm thinking that on my way back from the neighbour town, I might take my ankle boots with me and stop at one of the smaller malls to go browse the shoe store... First thing would be to get the boots out of the house without anyone noticing though...

Hide them in plain sight?

Include them in a larger bag of old unwanted clothes you might be taking to a charity shop (for them to sell ~ if you have these). The clothes get to the shop, the shoes stay. (In the car). If ever the shoes get found stowed away in the trunk, "They must have fallen out of the charity shop bag?" ......

I'm minded to that old/worn joke of the two fellas getting dressed having showered after a game of [squash/tennis/golf]. One turns to his friend and says; "Hey bud, how long you been wearing ladies frilly panties?" The embarrassed reply was; "Ever since my wife found a pair in the car!" wink.gifbiggrin.gif

This probably isn't going to work for you and heels though (sadly)....

Plan B?

Parachute them out of an upstairs window at night. Walk out to the car to check the hissing noise you heard was a bug not a tire going flat ..... Then install boots inside your car?

I hope you find a solution. And I hope your first public venture is a success. wink.gifcool.gif