Sign in to follow this  
Nigel

had a quick look around the sales today

Hi all,

I have blown my shoe budget for the year already, but that does not stop me looking!

Evans in town had some cheap shoes on the sale rack, some half decent looking heels in size 9 for a fiver, oddly enough I could not find a size 10 in the sale, either the girls around my neck of the woods are getting bigger or somebody has found my secret shop!

New look whoo hoo! looks like they are going up to a size 9 now, but on closer inspection they turned out to be a size 9 size 42 and that is a small size nine or a big eight in my books.

Anyway, loads up for grabs. I could have spent a fortune today on stuff that would not fit. hey ho.

Anyway, loads up for grabs. I could have spent a fortune today on stuff that would not fit. hey ho.

I had a look around the Oxford Street dept. stores & the various high street branches last Wednesday with 3 other heelers.

I was dissapointed & surprised by the poor selection in some of the shops (Next in particular). There were some very desirable items around elsewhere though.

That said, had I not given up on buying kneeboots a while ago, there would have been a lot more of interest to me.

I particularly liked these Dune shoeboots & would have bought them had I had

Edited by euchrid
changed the words!

For some time now I,ve been after a pair of Kneehigh boots in a size 9. Found 2 pairs that I like on the Next website. The Next sale started at 7am Boxing day and I was down at their Portsmouth branch at 7.15am Nothing in a size 9 what so ever but did have a pair of silver sandles in a size 8 that I liked. Wanted to try them on but as the shop was so busy I felt it better to try them on in the changing rooms but that was closed for the day.

Still early went to Southampton. Next still had nothing in a size 9. Had a long wait for the rest of the shops to open. Found a shop that sold Pleasure shoes and boots. Had a pair of boots on sale for

I am glad I was not the only guy out in the shops this week.

Reading between the lines here guys, it feels like there are lots of great heels out there, but none of them tick all the right boxes for me, even if I wanted to buy something. not much for the Mrs either although she is doing okay for footwear at them moment.

I tried a next size 9 on once, thought it was a tight size 9 so didnt buy. I think it is worth while looking around the sales again later in the month, toward the middle of February. I seem to do better then.

You reminded me of he time a sales girl was brave enough to ask me about a pair of heels I was buying, she said she would not be able to walk in them and I spent the next couple of minutes trying to convince her to have a proper go as it was easy, just a matter of practice.

Once in a while you get a good trip out, but it has not been this week.