Sign in to follow this  
KRAZY KEV

Walking in heels for charity

Hi I am back again to tell you that next year I will be twice as crazy. You may remember that I recently posted a thread about doing a 5 mile walk in 7.5'' XTC826 sandals which had 4’’ thick platforms. Just to let you know that I easily completed this distance with no muscle pains and only 3 small blisters. It took me 3.5 hours to complete. The walk was done to raise money for the HELP FOR HEROES charity. I raised

post-5051-129209601434_thumb.jpg

Kev ....

You are Krazy .... ;):lol:

Good luck with your next walk. Wearing any of those heels looks like you're gonna be 'in trouble' after a very short period, but good luck anyway. ;-)

I doubt that I could walk 10 miles in trainers, so 10 miles in HH sandals would be a non-starter for me...... Keep up the good work! :)

Kev ....

You are Krazy .... ;):lol:

Good luck with your next walk. Wearing any of those heels looks like you're gonna be 'in trouble' after a very short period, but good luck anyway. ;-)

I doubt that I could walk 10 miles in trainers, so 10 miles in HH sandals would be a non-starter for me...... Keep up the good work! :)

so tell me which ones you want me to wear. i have done 5 mile in 7.5'' platforms and that was quiet easy considering it was my first ever time:smile:

My favoured pair on offer, are the Lip 109.

My missus has just looked over my shoulder and asked if I was window shopping for some new shoes. I explained what you are doing and her response was; "Walking 10 miles in those shoes could only ever be a good idea in the mind of a bloke."

I think she means no woman would consider walking any distance in shoes she might have bought for walking around a lounge (hers or a friends), or walking into and out of a restaurant? Obviously I don't agree. ;-) When we go out to a Mall, I wear heels, she wears flat (walking) shoes.

I still think you're Krazy though. ;) Best I've managed in heels is a little over 3 miles, and my ankles were about ready to give up toward the end of that distance. ;) You've beaten that by some margin already, so maybe you're gonna pull off a 10 miler. :)

As before, I wish you all the very best !! :lol:

I am contacting another part of this forum hoping i can get a better response to my question. all i ask is for users to pick me one pair of heels from the posted picture and post your answer. i will be using the most popular pair to walk 10 miles for charity. my favourite to date are the KISS 209 & LIP 109 styles followed by the 2 pink pairs

post-5051-129209601444_thumb.jpg

Looking at the shoes again in the Critique section has just given me a thought I should have realised before. [Duh! :)]

If you use a stiletto style heel, you may need to take a spare pair of tips if the shoes come with nylon ones. Or change them for steel tips before the walk?

I've never measured distances (no method available), but I'd say I get 4 miles from nylon ones, and at least twice that from metal ones.

I would take the Lip 109s over the Seduce 208s because the Lips platform, though small, has some padding where the Seduce does not.

Response so far.. Well the votes have been coming in fairly well. Just to inform you the most popular style so far in order is:

1/ LIP 109 with more than twice the votes of the next style

2/ SEDUCE 208

3/ DELIGHT 677

4/ CANDY 09

5/ KISS 209

6/ DELIGHT 609

Thanks so far for the votes but keep them coming in. i think that the top style will be a good choice if it wins as the platform is not too thick and it has a padded insole. Im not sure if they will be much easier to walk in than the XTC 826 as the rise is an extra inch.

Anyway thanks for the votes and keep them coming

Krazy Kev

Response so far.. Well the votes have been coming in fairly well. Just to inform you the most popular style so far in order is:

1/ LIP 109 with more than twice the votes of the next style

2/ SEDUCE 208

3/ DELIGHT 677

4/ CANDY 09

5/ KISS 209

6/ DELIGHT 609

Thanks so far for the votes but keep them coming in. i think that the top style will be a good choice if it wins as the platform is not too thick and it has a padded insole. Im not sure if they will be much easier to walk in than the XTC 826 as the rise is an extra inch.

Anyway thanks for the votes and keep them coming

Krazy Kev

Kev

We here you, really we do, but please dont post duplicates all over the forum, even slightly re-worded ones of the same thing.

Thanks mate.

Can anyone help me by donating a pair of pink sandals for me to wear on a 10 mile walk to raise money for Cancer research UK. i require a size UK10 and my personal choice in order is

1st PLEASER KISS 209

2nd PLEASER LIP 109

3rd PLEASER CANDY 09

4th PLEASER SEDUCE 208

I will also consider one of the below in pink if available

PLEASER KISS 275 or

PLEASER KISS 218

PLEASER LIP 135

PLEASER DOLLY 09

i hope someone will be able to help me in my quest. whatever you have to offer must be in very good to as new condition as they are going to be used for a very long and hard walk and i dont want them to let me down while doing the walk. i may even consider other similar styles (sandals only) if the heel is at least 5'' high. post a photo so i can have a look

if i can get a pair of sandals for the price of a few stamps i will be very greatful as it will save me

post-5051-129209601464_thumb.jpg

just ordered a pair of DELIGHT 609LN's they are the same as the red pair in the picture but are pink with a white stripe round the soles and heels. lets hope they are comfortable, fit ok and are up to a 10 mile hike. i will send pictures to the forum when available. thanks for your help and advice. i had to go for the pair i just ordered as they were in a sale. only

Hi,

why don't you tell us all about this event, you never know, there could be a lot of interested people here...

V

Of course i will tell you. i am in the process of organising a 10 mile walk in heels to raise money for cancer relief. it will take place in Swansea. South Wales on 21 aug 2010 (provisional date) the surface is all tarmac and no cobbles or dangerous surface except maybe a bit of blown up sand from the sea as the route is on the sea front. i have walked the route one way (5 miles) in 7.5'' platforms (PLEASER XTC826) so i know its ideal for walkers who are a little wobbly on their heels. it was also my very first time wearing heels.

it would be ideal if everyone wore pink heels and dressed up in womens pink clothing. it would also be a great opportunity for people to go public if they are a bit shy about their heels. you can see what i will be wearing on my feet in this thread. it would be great if there was a good turnout. believe me wearing high heels to raise money for a good cause works great especially when worn by a man. if anyone need to know more than send me a message.:P:razz::):razz:

WALKING IN HEELS FOR CHARITY - PUTTING THE 'HE' INTO HEELS

I am in the proceeds of organising a sponsored walk to take place in the UK to raise money for the Cancer Research UK charity.

The walk will be 10 miles long and take place along the seafront path at Swansea South Wales. This is a safe route as there is minimal dangers

except for a chance of a bit of sand that may of blown up during windy sessions. I have walked this route one way to complete a 5 mile walk in

7.5'' platforms and I had no problems and I had also never walked in heels beforehand. It was great fun and a lovely walk as well. The scenery is great.

It would be a great opportunity for the shy heel wearers to walk in public knowing that they have the full support of the public. I had a fantastic

response from the public on a previous fundraiser with no problems at all.

It would be great if all men wore pink from head to toe as that is the colour of the charity. I would expect the walk to take around 8 hours taking it slowly. 5 miles took me 3.5hrs.

There are toilets around every 2.5 miles. You will see that I have posted a modified photo. This is the beach that the walk is at. The steps are at the start point and the arrow points to Mumbles pier. This is 5 miles away so you then walk back to the start giving a total of 10 miles.

If anyone is interested in taking part send me a private message along with any details that you want to know.

A provisional date has been set for August 21st 2010. Hope to see lots of people and their heels.

KRAZY KEV

post-5051-129209601475_thumb.jpg

Hi Kev,

Well done for organising this event and good luck with it.

What sort of umbers are you hoping for? I am guessing you will be letting the press know so that you can attract more people along? Also, do you have a name for the event? if not perhaps the guys here could help you think one up?

nigel

Hi Kev,

Well done for organising this event and good luck with it.

What sort of umbers are you hoping for? I am guessing you will be letting the press know so that you can attract more people along? Also, do you have a name for the event? if not perhaps the guys here could help you think one up?

nigel

i am hoping for as many men as possible. press coverage will be quite high profile as it was for my last charity walk in heels. i am thinking of calling the event ' putting the he into heels ' unless anyone can come up with something different. all men must wear pink from head to toe including heels. all entrants will be wearing a pink charity tee shirt. what else you wear is up to you as long as you show your heels. send me a pm for further details as the 21 aug is only a provisional date:D:D:D

i am hoping for as many men as possible. press coverage will be quite high profile as it was for my last charity walk in heels. i am thinking of calling the event ' putting the he into heels ' unless anyone can come up with something different. all men must wear pink from head to toe including heels. all entrants will be wearing a pink charity tee shirt. what else you wear is up to you as long as you show your heels. send me a pm for further details as the 21 aug is only a provisional date:D:D:D

Sounds like a great idea except for having to wear pink heels, I think that may undo your "Putting the HE into heels" by turning it into some sort of "joke like for charity event", thus preventing it being taken as seriously...

Sounds like a great idea except for having to wear pink heels, I think that may undo your "Putting the HE into heels" by turning it into some sort of "joke like for charity event", thus preventing it being taken as seriously...

I now what you mean about the pink heels but my wife insisted that i wear pink heels as well as all the cloths. it started because she was not happy when a done a 5 mile walk in heels for Help for heroes so i really put my foot in it when i said i would double the distance if i completed 5 miles and she said ok but only if you wear all pink. ME AND MY BIG MOUTH. she has been wanting to buy me a pink shirt for years and i said if she does dont ever expect to see me wearing it as it would make a nice polishing cloth to polish the car