Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Can't make up my mind?

You are showing your hand too early Euchrid, should have started low.

They do look good Freddy, and only you can decide whether they are something you can pull off as part of your outfit. In honesty most people won't notice the zip unless they get another clue first to look at your feet. Your gait may be the clue that draws the eyes down though.

You are showing your hand too early Euchrid, should have started low.

He likes them. Probably got a bit flustered and played out his hand a bit too quickly ... :lol: ;-)

Freddie,

I can make it up for you, but then you wouldn't like my answer.

If you think it alters your walk too much, then it isn't right for you. You may well be able to wear that height heel in another shoe and have no difficulties in abulation. If this is the case, then you have to say bye bye to this pair.

Personally though I even though I do like the shoe, I don't think it is a guy shoe, unless you are a slender framed person. The heel is too thin for the general male build, and especially for normal outfits. IMHO, the minimum heel size should be 1" x 1". The look thus presented is so much better.

Thinner heels can work, but these work better in the party/evening/clubbing areas - just like the ladies.

The shoes in my avatar (Archie Eyebrows) I wore last weekend with my evening dress to a black tie dinner/dance. My wife in a floor length gown and proper 4" suede leather stiletto shoes that Barratts are selling at a ridiculous

@HMFROK

Excellent post. Forgetting the stuff relating to my footwear for a moment, the news of you at a black tie dinner, with a 'challenge' about your footwear made better (more interesting) reading than just about all GIH posts..... (i) Because I know it to be real, and (ii) it was pertinent. [Though a long time since I've been to a black-tie gig. :lol:]

I bet there are many such 'incidents' most you readers believe are trivial, but if written up, would interest us all? [subtle, I'm not. :lol:]

Back to the boots. [bootees? To our brethren over the pond.]

This evening I've been out to Brent Cross for a couple of hours in boots, then stopped off on the homeward journey for some sustenance. Arrived back home, not long ago at all.

First job, try on the boots..... in front of mirror.

Tonight was unusual, in that I went out wearing some M+S flaired (girls) trousers, that fit me rather well. For the record, I've a circa 31/32 inch waist. About 5' 7" without shoes. (Okay 5' 6" and a half. ;-)) I get into a size 12 reasonably easily, and a size 10 if I don't plan to sit down and the jeans/trousers have some 'give'. With 4" heels on, I need something like a 'long' which means 33" if in M+S trouser/jean.

The reason I put the boots on as soon as I got home, was I haven't seen them under flairs and I wanted to find out if they were more wearable if more of my foot was covered. Well, the answer is; "Yes they are." The zip at the front of them is really hard to spot, and only then when I take a long stride. The heel isn't easily spotted either.

I spent about 10 minutes walking toward and away from a medium sized mirror placed on the floor I'd tilted toward my eye-level. Having worn heels for the previous 3 hours, my ankles felt a little more accomodating, and I left the two straps on the boots a little looser than they have been previously. The boots were easier to wear and walk in. Despite their height, they're surprisingly comfortable given the footbed isn't padded.

Basically, my two big problems don't exist in any major way. But they're not walking around the street shoes. They are very much footwear for 'a night out', posing rather moving around quickly. :(

Although the previous advice makes a lot of sense, I'm erring on the 'keep' rather than 'go' option at the moment. ;-)

They are public wear if you don't mind being known as a little eccentric if they are seen a lot.

As you might already know Bob, being eccentric is part of the basic requirements to being a Brit' passport holder? :( ;-)

It's taken me a couple of days, but I've finally decided. They're keepers. :lol:

Some better quality photo's.

Pic 1.

Pic 2.

One of the things that interests me about these boots that sets them apart from similar styles, is that once the zip is done up, and the buckles fastened, there's no quick way to get them off. ;-) Most others have a zipper on the inside of the ankle for quick escapes, but not these. :lol: