Sign in to follow this  
guyinheels

How many heels do you have?

Possibly 40 pairs.

Some styles I've 4 or 5 identical pairs.

Mostly ankle boots with 4" heel, but some courts 6" high (I've had for 25 years) and the rest somewhere in-between.

I've a good number I need to sell, as I'll never wear them.

Got some brand new >> Kate Moss 'tall' boots << .....

BCB Girls >> ankle boots << ...

Michael Kors ~ >> North << (proper designer boots)

All new and boxed ... :lol:

I've got about

FastFreddy2 and Heels, you guys are way head of me. You both have more heels than I have.

Hope too have more heels though. You know I simply LOVE heels. I

But you guys obviously wear shoe sizes that are available almost everywhere, and in fashion styles. Not so with me - a US men's 11 to 12. No high fashion shoes go that large. But I wear mostly sandals anyway. Choices are very limited and I have found that Ellie and Karo shoes fit me the best. I have too many, anyway, to wear consistently. Trying to find attractive boots is particularly difficult in large sizes.

Lots of guys could wear pink very well, its just the society thing coming into play yet again. As I am sitting here typing this, I have a really shocking pink tie on to compliment my black shirt which has narrow pink vertical stripes. Its >>Breast Cancer awareness day<< here in the UK today, so my attire is topical. However, I wear pink shirts, often pastel pink, whenever the mood takes me. It is a colour I really enjoy wearing precisely because it sticks the proverbial two fingers up at those stick-in-the-mud types.

Simon.

Yes we have the little band too, which acually looks good on the jacket lapel of a dark grey suit.

I understand your sentiments on womens trousers. I prefer them too, especially when wearing heels. Being designed to wear with heels, they sit better on the shoe. The materials are nicer too, finer/lighter. I don't mind the fact the pockets, if any, are next to useless as I have long ago given up carrying my world in my trousers and a messenger type leather bag goes with me everywhere.

I now suffer the same problem as the ladies in that the item I want will always be hiding at the bottom of the bag. I always comment to the ladies at the supermarket checkout how I now understand their issue with bags, and it always raises a smile from them. Best thing is about using a bag is that my cloths are not pulled out of shape and ruined by the weight of all that tat. It really is amazing just how much weight is carried about the person. Small change being the worst culprit.

Simon.

Guest I'm Scared

Well I still only have a few of pairs, one black peep toe pump, and the others being a red strappy sandal, being my favorite. although my wife likes a pump sling backs style

Why cant I walk out in my high heels.......hence my handle:)

Why cant I walk out in my high heels.......hence my handle:)

I should be the last person to say this, but you don't need shoes you're not going to wear. :(

<Sensible hat off....>

Sometimes (often in my case), resisting something you find attractive can be a real exercise in futility, that'll only prove to be a waste of energy. Put in fewer words .... "Give in" because eventually you're going to buy anyway. ;-)

I've been wearing high heels for years. (A lot of years.) But had not worn them during daytime in public. Worn them in Clubs and a 'party' or two previously, but otherwise kept my interest to myself and a (long) string of girlfriends.

Last year, having read about others who venture out into the real world wearing heels, I started doing the same.

Now, I didn't suddenly start walking out in heels. Initially I went out in the middle of the night, then for quite long walks in the evening, both under cover of darkness. Eventually, I went out during the day too. Not in stiletto's, but in block heels as these were more disguisable. :lol:

The message here, is that anything seems to be possible, pretty much. I'm not saying you could get away with wearing 5" thighboots to do your weekly shopping with impunity (no staring), but like some of us over here, you might get out in heels and just enjoy wearing them?

"Little steps". :lol: ;-)

Edited by FastFreddy2
Grammar.

At the moment I own a pair of heels that I got from evens, a couple a 3 and 3 quater inch, pointed heels. (Red, pick and black) and a great pair of white 4 inch, boots.

Hopefuly I'll get some new heels in the sales:razz::wink:

I have 10 pairs all 5 inches or higher-I always wear them with nylons-and love it-one pair of pink stilettos which I love too-would love to talk more to you all-Brian

At last count I have over 50 pairs of shoes and boots. I wear them quite often, mostly at night, or when the wife and daughter are at work and school. I will do housework in them, or just relax at the computer, like now.

Closetheels. 50 pair of high heels is a good count. Why only at night or when the family is away? Do they know of your interest in hgih heels? If not, where do you hide that meny heels? I have 100 pair of high heels, all 5" heels or higher. All are single sole shoes. Amoung them is a pair of ballet heels. Now-a-days I wear 6" hgih heels all day, even in public. I am glad you can find time to wear your heels. Mike

Edited by spikesmike
Shoe defined discription.

Closetheels. 50 pair of high heels is a good count. Why only at night or when the family is away? Do they know of your interest in hgih heels? If not, where do you hide that meny heels? I have 100 pair of high heels, all 5" heels or higher. All are single sole shoes. Amoung them is a pair of ballet heels. Now-a-days I wear 6" hgih heels all day, even in public. I am glad you can find time to wear your heels. Mike

Mike:

You sound like an Englishmen, are you? I can no longer walk in 6" heels and 5 1/2" is about the best I can manage, and then only for 'posing'. Would be impossible for me to spend hours in them.

I'd like to own a few pairs of 5" heels to 'up my game' as it were, but for the most part, any I've seen tend to be made of black patent or black PVC. [ie Fetish styles.] Any suggestions for acquiring 5" heels in black leather, without having to sell a kidney? :smile:

I've been steadily growing my collection. In fact me and herself moved recently, because our mutual shoe collection filled up all the available (spare) space we had. I would say we must have close to 200 pairs ... At least 30 of mine have to be sold as I'll never wear them. [Wrong sizing being the biggest problem.] I've 3 or 4 pairs of Pleasers, which are totally unsuitable for wearing in the street. I just couldn't resist the heels. :smile: I must have over £1500 invested in my footwear.....

I have about 100 pairs. Most are shoes, as they take up less storage space.

20 pairs of boots and 80 pairs of shoes.

20 pairs of boots and 80 pairs of shoes.

And of those, how many would you (could you) wear out in public?

If I'm game enough, I'd like to think I'd wear most of mine, but I've started acquiring some court styles recently and I suspect some of these were very unlikely to get worn in public. :rolleyes: I tend to own ankle boots. I've got shockingly slim legs so longer boots look like loose socks. :o

I used to wear my boots to work. They heels were either block, blade or wedge heels. When I started wearing heels at work my manager (woman) told me not to wear stilettos. Maybe it was not allowed in the company dress code.

The shoes are just for indoors at the moment, as I'm not brave enought to wear them in public.

I used to wear my boots to work. They heels were either block, blade or wedge heels. When I started wearing heels at work my manager (woman) told me not to wear stilettos. Maybe it was not allowed in the company dress code.

The shoes are just for indoors at the moment, as I'm not brave enought to wear them in public.

Coming from the other direction, I wear heels [blocks and blades mostly] in public, but have never worked anywhere that would accept me [socially amongst fellow employees] with womans shoes. Put another way, I would expect to be laughed out of employment. A rather interesting comment from your manager though. I take it no-one else there wore stiletto's either?

Maybe an inappropriate question, but do you reside in the US? I ask because nearly all the responders I've seen where they managed to work in heels, have been living in the US....

I have a goal to wear heels to work ... one day. I just hope I live enough enough to realise it. :rolleyes:

I live in England. With regard to the comment from my manager. Maybe it was the first time she had seen a man in heels. I know there wasn't anything in the dress code about wearing stilettos (I checked both male and remale dress codes and it just said business casual Monday to Thursday and Friday was dress down day/casaul). Lots of the women I worked with wore stilettos.

Maybe you could do what I did. I first checked the dress code before wearing heels to work. The first pair I wore were western/cowboy boots. I wore them with my formal black trousers or with jeans. Then I wore some ankle boots with block heels and square toes. I then changes the toes shape and heel shape slightly. Some wedge types would be hardly noticed by others. Especially it they didn't make alot of noise.

I wish you well in your goal to wear your heels to work.

Edited by hh4evr1

I live in England. With regard to the comment from my manager. Maybe it was the first time she had seen a man in heels. I know there wasn't anything in the dress code about wearing stilettos (I checked both male and remale dress codes and it just said business casual Monday to Thursday and Friday was dress down day/casaul). Lots of the women I worked with wore stilettos.

I wish you well in your goal to wear your heels to work.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I went over to HHp for a browse. [Actually looking for a link I may have posted.] And saw you were a member there. Worse, I saw you could be a neighbour, since we live in the same county. :rolleyes::D

Back to the 'wearing heels at work' theme .... Odd (just a little odd) that your manager mentioned heels were acceptable, but one type of them - stiletto's - were not? I had thought that there might be a health and safety aspect to it, but maybe not if the girls could wear them. Still, heels is heels! B) Good for you.

And thank you for the positive sentiment on me enjoying the same. :o

Edited by FastFreddy2