Sign in to follow this  
Elegant

Is this place dying?

I hope not, this site is much more where I'm at than HHPlace where it's still got too many references to crossdressing and TV stuff.

I'll have to be careful with my comments then. :cool: ;-)

I make no secret to wearing womens jeans as these come in better fitting materials (read stretchy) and longer leg lengths. [32W 34L.] Primark are starting to do mens jeans in these sizes, and I already have 4 pairs!

Some tops that I wear as base layers, are also only available in womens styles. [Read long-sleeved T-shirts, or collarless polo shirts? :grin: But nothing with a scalloped neck! :-o]

And lastly, some of my boots are so 'snug' on my feet, there's only room for hose, rather than sock. :lol:

I suppose that makes me a cross-dresser, but I always look like a man, and dress in a manly style. No coloured bangles or lipstick either. :lol:

All the action is at HH Place. It's hard to change that.

. . . and HHplace does cast a very long shadow. This site is trying to get a foothold in that shadow and it is a challenge.

. . . It's a Catch 22 situation really. Visitors come to see new posts. If there's nothing new to read, then people don't bother visiting. When I visit, I try to post something, even if it's only where/when I'm wearing heels in public next and can be met by other men in heels.

Further, those new posts beget continued discussion. I often find myself using an existing comment as a springboard to expand, add insight from my own experience or further discuss an issue. (As I have done here. . .) For this to work there must be existing content. Old posts are great for reference and reflection but the real content generation on a discussion board is driven by the new material.

Window shopping wont keep a store open. Get involved, ditch the "spectator" status and join in. Its not complicated. A site is only as good as its users, so if it seems dead here, then it because very few are taking part.

I still have a few things to iron out here, but am getting round to them eventually.

which is:-

Promoting itself as 'a site for regular guys who like to wear high heels'.

So... it's exactly the same as this place now.

Actually, its not the same, HHPlace is for anybody with an interest in heels at all, its not to promote heels 4 guys at all, thats what this place is for...

So, I disagree, the 2 sites, while similar, are not the same.

Actually, its not the same, HHPlace is for anybody with an interest in heels at all, its not to promote heels 4 guys at all, thats what this place is for....

If that notion were promoted in HHplace, I'd expect a considerable increase in membership here..... :grin:

Not that this site isn't doing too badly on it's own. 100 new members in 3 months. Moving toward double that achieved in the previous two years. Something here must be working. :cool: :lol:

When I start taking pictures of my shoe/boot collection to link for the membership, and provide a reference listing on sizing, I'm fairly confident the site will see more traffic. ;-) If there's a single aspect of HHplace that differentiates itself, it's the pictures....

If that notion were promoted in HHplace, I'd expect a considerable increase in membership here . . .

We have been sharpening our focus on just where we are going with HHplace, just what we want it to be, etc. We have placed a link to H4M in the heading of the "For the Guys" forum, which may account for some of the increased traffic here.

We have been sharpening our focus on just where we are going with HHplace, just what we want it to be, etc. We have placed a link to H4M in the heading of the "For the Guys" forum, which may account for some of the increased traffic here.

I think that was a very good idea. :-( And certainly I've recognised some of the 'names' from HHplace arriving. But with the exception of HFMROK and Euchrid and some of the mods, few seem to have made many contributions here recently? ;-) The handful of new posters seem to be completely 'new' as it were?

I think that was a very good idea. :-( And certainly I've recognised some of the 'names' from HHplace arriving. But with the exception of HFMROK and Euchrid and some of the mods, few seem to have made many contributions here recently? ;-) The handful of new posters seem to be completely 'new' as it were?

Yeah, that's about right.

You cannot make people participate. There has to be something to draw them, hold their interest, and inspire participation.

. . . and that's where we all come in.

sadly dont think this place will ever be as big as HHplace, however

that does not mean it should not exist, or that there is no place for such a site!!

yes we often discuss the same issues here as we do on HHPlace, however as time goes on, and men n heels become more acceptable, so will this place grow with time!!

sites like this and HHp, are great source of inspiration, and a great help in men understanding ourself, and understanding the whole concept of men in heels!!

these two sites have helmed me immensely, in understanding myself and helping me expressing myself!!

hope this place keeps growing and GROWING and .....!!;-)

Well chaps ..... (oh ye of little faith) ...... :-(

Just about everytime I've ever logged in here, I've been greeted by a prompt that told me the "most logged on users" was 44 in (IIRC) October 2006.

No longer true ..... ;-)