Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

A funny (strange) thing happened today ....

I'm waiting for M+S to release >> these << into their stores, so went to Brookfield Retail Park this afternoon while returning from a trip elsewhere.

While there, we visited a number of shops to browse, with me looking at shoes, and trying to locate the 'missing' M+S jean.....

In one of the shops, I spotted a fairly large shoulder bag, that would take everything her good self would normally carry, plus some heels (or flats) for me. [My thinking at the time was that I could change into/out of heels whenever I wanted to, with 'spares' taken out with me, but carried by herself.]

I pointed out the bag, itself not unattractive. I mentioned the purpose (carrying high heels) and the response went something like; "I get why you would want the bag, but you'll look waaaay too girly holding that!"

I pointed out the error regarding ownership. I was told a bag of similar dimensions was already owned, and we moved on.

The 'funny' thing, it seemed to me, was the lack of surprise I might carry such a bag? The other 'funny' thing, was the lack of out-of-hand refusal for me to carry it while we would be out.

I've obviously overstated my interest in all things femme. Though equally obviously, not stretched the realisation of how far I'm expected to go with it .....

Funny day ..... :roll:

Moved this thread to chit chat.

Interesting reaction from your wife Freddy, maybe it's just resignation on her part lol.

Moved this thread to chit chat.

Bit of a strange decision ..... The thread was about attire? And will continue to be so. [The M+S jean saga is a story 'runner'.]

Interesting reaction from your wife Freddy, maybe it's just resignation on her part lol.

As much as her being resigned about anything seems attractive to me, she's as stubborn as anyone could be. For example:

I have the opportunity to have the equivilent of

As there is no dedicated attire section (this post was originally posted in "Outfit critique" which is subtitled- "Critique and Feedback on outfits - What do you think of this outfit?") I think this general chit chat area is more appropriate for a story about buying clothes rather than asking for a critique of an outfit.

Mrs Freddy seems to have the same ideas about the way things work as my own wife. If there's a possible scenario which would put her at a disadvantage once then all arguments for anything are null and void lol.

While in London on Sunday, I finally found one of the M+S straight-leg waisted stretch jean styles I've spent so much time trying to find.

Why am I so keen?

I bought a pair in the Winter sales, in early 2008. They are perfect for wearing with heels. Comfortable, fitting everywhere and the stretch material allows the trouser leg to hide a heel. Bit like a flared leg, that isn't actually flared.... The pair I have cost me

As there is no dedicated attire section (this post was originally posted in "Outfit critique" which is subtitled- "Critique and Feedback on outfits - What do you think of this outfit?")

Looked at in that way, I would agree with the movement. It's a bit of a narrow remit though, especially given how few alternatives there are, despite requests for more categories? Drawing interest to a Forum with 5 threads in 30 months a bad thing then? :roll: :cool:

You are right about the 'null and void' bit. Apparently, trying to get her to accept a free car, is me trying to "bully her". :oops:

Anyone reading this thread can persuade me (bully me) to accept a free car from them, any time they want! :roll: