Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

First outing for a while.

Just thought I'd update this thread. I don't wear my heels often enough, but still get the chance when dogwalking to indulge. So this weekend I was up early on Saturday and walked for about 3 miles with the mutt, in my cheapy boots. They are getting worn on the heels and soles now though. On Sunday morning I went out in full light in 2" heels covered by my jeans and saw a few people along the way. No second looks or anything even though the heels seem loud to me.

I'll be looking for some new boots soon though and I'll let you know what my next dogwalking heels are.

nice to hear of your exploits, I am in the UK as well and have some of the shoes you have been wearing, they are comfy, the soft sole makes them good.

Keep wearing :roll:

Well my dogwalking boots have worn out now, souls and heels and aren't worth paying to have repaired when a new pair from Shoezone is about

Thought I'd post here rather than a new thread on this topic again. I walked the dog a few times in heels again, and have worn out a second pair of heeled boots. My birthday soon and I'm going to see if the long suffering Mrs Shyguy will take a couple of subtle hints and buy me some, although I don't hold out too much hope <_<

I find, offering the bill, can sometimes cut through the 'haze' of confusion over presents? wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm a bit jealous you are out an about in heels. wink.gif And out enough to wear them out too! cool.gif

Lack of pennies is making me something of a hermit. Mrs Freddy is getting a bit frustrated with me being reluctant to spend money on anything other than paint and building materials - at the moment. I need another paying job to change that! smile.gif I don't do the Lottery, so no salvation expected there. No rich relatives either..... Perfect job would the shoe department at House of Fraser. [i'm easily pleased. biggrin.gif]

I find, offering the bill, can sometimes cut through the 'haze' of confusion over presents? wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm a bit jealous you are out an about in heels. wink.gif And out enough to wear them out too! cool.gif

Lack of pennies is making me something of a hermit. Mrs Freddy is getting a bit frustrated with me being reluctant to spend money on anything other than paint and building materials - at the moment. I need another paying job to change that! smile.gif I don't do the Lottery, so no salvation expected there. No rich relatives either..... Perfect job would the shoe department at House of Fraser. [i'm easily pleased. biggrin.gif]

I don't think HOF would like to see their staff fighting customers over the latest bargains in size 8 though :D

I don't think HOF would like to see their staff fighting customers over the latest bargains in size 8 though :D

Couldn't happen. blink.gif

The better styles in my size wouldn't reach the sales floor. wink.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Once again it's been a while since I wore heels, once again I took the opportunity to wear them to walk the dog this morning. I woke up quite early and made the decision to walk the dog, then I had the choice of footwear to consider. I was close to wearing the wedge heeled boots given to me by FastFreddy (discussed elsewhere on this forum), but in the end went for my 2 inch wedges, and that turned out to be a good thing.

With the ground fairly wet I went for a longish walk around the local area which ends up walking along a sloped bit of field which hadn't been cut. At first I thought how it would have gone through the alternative boots I hadn't worn and congratulated myself on a good decision, until what I thought was just a overlay made to look like big stitches turned out to be real stitches and let in water from the overgrown grass. :rolleyes:

I still think the lower heels were a good decision overall as I was walking along the edge of the slope and higher heels would have been more precarious especially with the slippery slopes and uneven ground. What me wimping out? :P Anyway we had a 40 minute walk which the dog enjoyed, and I was happy with as I'd worn heels to do it... :D

I still think the lower heels were a good decision overall as I was walking along the edge of the slope and higher heels would have been more precarious especially with the slippery slopes and uneven ground. What me wimping out? :P Anyway we had a 40 minute walk which the dog enjoyed, and I was happy with as I'd worn heels to do it... :D

The better decision was going heels. wink.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

I don't know if the Council have started switching off the street lighting late at night over your way? They've started doing it over here, from about midnight I think. With a single exception [that didn't go overly well] , I haven't walked out in streets local to where I'm living for some time [18 months+], so this new darkness is a bit tempting. wink.gif I certainly haven't been out in thin heeled shoes, and without street lighting, I have the potential to wear what I like out. And unlike some other towns in the county, pathways here are kept in very good condition.

Midnight walking not for everyone of course.smile.gif Helps if you have waking tendencies normally associated with vampires. biggrin.gif

Midnight walking not for everyone of course.smile.gif Helps if you have waking tendencies normally associated with vampires. biggrin.gif

I'm going to give it a go tonight. cool.gif

Going to have a walk around the block in some stupidly high heels, given where I'm going to go. [On tarmac'd pavement.] wink.gif

I wear my 4" block heel boots almost everywhere, to the dentist, hairdresser, restaurants, different stores and to and from work.

But I wear long pants that cover most of the heels.

So far no comments. :)

Going to have a walk around the block in some stupidly high heels, given where I'm going to go. [On tarmac'd pavement.] wink.gif

I did go.

Nearly broke a leg ..... :D Tripped so many times, I had to put my flat shoes back on. :huh:

Sound like you may have to wear them more often then. ������

Ahhhh..... if only. ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Was woken very early this morning, so as it wasn't raining I decided to walk the dog. After considering it I also decided the time was right to wear the boots donated by FastFreddy2 See here. I took them out of the wardrobe and put them on downstairs and got the dog ready to go. A little apprehensive about maybe being seen I hesitated at the door and checked the look, jeans covering heels so I was good to go.

As soon as I had walked a while I started to feel pain in the back of my calves probably from being a little stiff in my gait with the apprehension of wearing heels higher than normal. They were silent on the paths though, and I relaxed a little as nobody was around. I found again that the steep arch in these boots start to make the bottom of my foot ache very quickly, I have heels of similar height (which I admittedly haven't worn outside) which don't seem to have the same shape for the arch of the foot. The extra height and maybe soft heel and sole seemed to do wonders for my back though, probably a big change in posture helped there.

Because of the foot discomfort I made it a short walk in these boots, went home and changed to another pair to bring the heel height down a bit and then walked my usual route.

The heels Freddy kindly supplied

post-46-0-37223700-1309002213_thumb.jpg

The second pair I wore

post-46-0-00551400-1340552119_thumb.jpg

I will be trying the Freddy boots again and try to build the distance up.

As soon as I had walked a while I started to feel pain in the back of my calves probably from being a little stiff in my gait with the apprehension of wearing heels higher than normal. They were silent on the paths though, and I relaxed a little as nobody was around. I found again that the steep arch in these boots start to make the bottom of my foot ache very quickly, I have heels of similar height (which I admittedly haven't worn outside) which don't seem to have the same shape for the arch of the foot. The extra height and maybe soft heel and sole seemed to do wonders for my back though, probably a big change in posture helped there.

I will be trying the Freddy boots again and try to build the distance up.

In-soles with arch support might help, if you think this might be a problem?

That pain in your calves .... would be telling me, my legs are getting a good work-out. ;):D

After another long lay off, I finally got up today to walk the dog, and decided heels was the way to go. As it's been a while discretion was the watchword and I went with my wedge heeled boots, not too high but comfortable for a walk. As I walked out of the front door (6:30am but still light) I see another dog walker, who strikes up a conversation. I wasn't too concerned even though our dog is a small one and it means people look down to see her and also she will be close to my feet. I saw the man look down a few times but the conversation flowed.

It transpires that he lives in the corner of our court and knows my wife although we haven't spoken before. When the conversation was over we both went our separate ways, and I had a half hour out in heels with no further surprises.

The ground in the fields was a little soft in places and would sink unevenly making me more happy that I hadn't gone higher in the heel department or I'd have risked an injury. All said and done it was a good walk, and heels went unnoticed by a neighbour so boosted my confidence again.

Well done you, that was some going keeping your cool whilst talking to a neighbour!

I'm not sure that I would want to meet one of my neighbours whilst wearing heels, that should really boost your confidence.

As I walked out of the front door (6:30am but still light)

The ground in the fields was a little soft in places and would sink unevenly making me more happy that I hadn't gone higher in the heel department or I'd have risked an injury. All said and done it was a good walk, and heels went unnoticed by a neighbour so boosted my confidence again.

Would you not take your dog out in the dark at night? Seems obvious to me, but I don't have children watching me, nor own a dog. Maybe the 6.30 start avoids the children? ;)

The venture sounds like a complete success! Better than you could possibly have imagined. ;)

You'll know just how well it went if your neighbour is waiting for you tomorrow. If he has his dog, and looking for another chat, everything went good. If he's there with a camera and a group of others, it didn't go so good. :D I'm expecting him to be out somewhere hoping to bump into you for another pleasant chat. B) After all, anyone up and out at 6.30am on a Bank Holiday weekend, NEEDS A GOOD TALKING TO! :P:D

I'm always awake early, usually around 5 am so a 6:30 start is a bit late for me and the complete opposite of Freddy time as I'm in bed sleepy by 11pm lol. And yes 6:30 am is way before any of my teenage daughters feels like getting up, or Mrs Shyguy so I avoid all of them at this time in the morning. Wasn't expecting to see the neighbour but hey ho.

On the subject of Freddy time .......

(Quietly) assembling plastic racking (£30 from B+Q) at 2am for Mrs Freddy's shoes. Bed for just after 5am. Up and about for 'around' 10am, having woken at 9 but struggled to come to ...... ;)

My shoes have a complete 5 shelf rack, and about 3 x 50 litre plastic storage bins. Mrs Freddy's have been parked on the floor since we moved in two years ago. With a move designed to help tidy the place up, I've treated her, to her own rack. :D And from that will come a fair volume of shoes 'to go'. Many unworn, though the worst offender (£150 pair of OTK boots - never worn) has already been sold. For about £35 if I remember. Shame the 'to go' group will all be a UK6, as she's some very nice shoes. ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Shyguy are you up at that time every day... I am a lie-in sort of person, though shift work plays a large factor and I really hate the 0400 start! I am more of a night owl, though 1 am will usually see me to my bed!

And Freddy I can never survive of 4 hours sleep, I would almost certainly have a siesta....

Almost every day I wake at 5am. Even if I haven't gone to bed until the early hours, which does happen occasionally, I will still wake at 5am. Used to be up for work at 4am for a few years but now have to leave at just after 6am. Even as a schoolboy I was up before 6am most days. Most days I have to get up and do something or I wake Mrs Shyguy and that's not a good thing in the morning.

I am trying to get back into the habit of walking the dog for the health benefits, and wearing heels while doing so makes it a little easier.

If I could be awake from 5am every day (and stay awake) I'd be a millionaire by now. If I'm up at 5am which I sometimes need to be, I need a nap around 10.30am or I go into zombie mode.

My body wants a 30 hour day. I think nothing of being awake for a day and a half, and it's not so unusual for me to skip a nights sleep altogether. My preferred sleeping period is 4am until 10am. Dunno why, but I sleep soundly if I sleep then. I'm at my most energetic about 10pm to 3am. I must have some vampire in me?

I just couldn't do a job that had me out and about at 6am. Not unless I'd slept most of the previous day, and started my day at 10pm the night before? Then, a 6am start would seem like the afternoon shift for most folk. ^_^ I've never been any different.

Might have been working shifts at Vauxhall (three months on the trot usually) and then 3 straight years at BAe. Really suited me. :ph34r:

Edited by FastFreddy2