Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Next ~ Winter styles

As previously mentioned ....

Saw some nice boots in M+S, but will do new thread about those tomorrow. :-(

I should have said "Next", but I've gotten it right this time ........ ;-)

As many here will know, shoes and boots from this retail outfit are generally understood to be high quality, so for the most part leather upper with rubber/synthetic sole. The first two links show styles I've handled, and both have a dense cushion insole/foot-bed. For those with the opportunity, these would be wear-all-day-shoes.

>> Next shoe-boot <<

I haven't found a shop with a 42/8 in yet, but Next are usually true to size. The heel is actually hexaginal, which the photo doesn't show very well. They look like they have a platform (high toe-box) but there is no hidden platform. The padded footbed may have the effect of a thin platform, but the heel height on the 41/7

As previously mentioned ....

NEXT shoes/boots, with repaired picture links. I've actually taken copies of the pictures and put them somewhere they can't be moved.... :cry:

I should have said "Next", but I've gotten it right this time ........ :-o

As many here will know, shoes and boots from this retail outfit are generally understood to be high quality, so for the most part leather upper with rubber/synthetic sole. The first two links show styles I've handled, and both have a dense cushion insole/foot-bed. For those with the opportunity, these would be wear-all-day-shoes.

>> Next shoe-boot <<

I haven't found a shop with a 42/8 in yet, but Next are usually true to size. The heel is actually hexaginal, which the photo doesn't show very well. They look like they have a platform (high toe-box) but there is no hidden platform. The padded footbed may have the effect of a thin platform, but the heel height on the 41/7

Went to Brent Cross (North London) tonight.

Did some of the usual suspects browsing for shoes ..... not that I need any, not that I've got space for more, not that I've got an endless budget ....

Visited:

TK Maxx

Next

John Lewis

Fenwicks

Missed:

Zara

Office

New Look

Aldo

Dune

We weren't there for me. Herself needs a new winter coat, and we had a lot of ground to cover in a short space of time. We had so little time, I was tempted to wear regular 'boy' shoes. Thankfully, I relented at the last moment. :lol:

Next was one of the shops on the list to search for coats. A couple were tried, and I paid attention. ;-)

When it was time to leave, I steered us past the shoe section.

Now, I get to go in various Next shops fairly frequently, and seldom see shoes in an 8. Next are "true to size" with their shoes and boots, so I expect an 8 to fit. But since I never see the shoes I like in my size, I'm not going to know for sure......

Tonight I found >> these << and >> these << in store, in what could be my size (UK8/EU42). If I was a betting man, I'd have had a significant figure offered against me finding these anywhere, much less two of my favoured styles available in the same store. ;-) (Good job I don't bet then. :lol: ;-))

Herself told me there was time to try them on, if I wanted. (Bless her). The shop was practically empty, so there were few issues with me doing just that. But I was also reminded by her, that if I REALLY wanted to try on some size 8 shoes, I had a small mountain of them at home. :o

It's true, and I don't need to pay Next prices for shoes, (

I went back to Brent Cross this afternoon.

While talking to Mrs Freddy last night, it transpires she liked one of the coats she tried in TK Maxx. Because I didn't make positive remarks about it, the coat stayed in the shop.

Hence me going back. I returned and collected the coat. :(

Although I barely had time to do it, I went into Next (all of 20 paces away), and bought both the size 8's I'd left last night. ;-) The male sales assistant didn't bat an eye when I paid for them. ;-)

Tried both pairs about 30 minutes ago. Easy to walk in despite each having 4 3/8" heels, both fitted really well. [Made for slim feet mind.] One pair at

I,ve found two pairs of Knee high boots I like fron next but will need to order in the shop as next never have size 9 in stock.