Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Priceless boots

I've mentioned these before (on another thread) ...

I've some equally high [4 1/2"] thin-block heeled boots I wear in the West End that are wide enough to keep out of the cracks .......

Well, some good news for all you 'shy' buyers ...... :-(

>> Online auction site <<

They'll only take PayPal apparently, but P/P will take credit cards, so a purchase that should look practically invisible on your c/c statement?

As a reminder, these come up a little large, I'm an 8, and I take a 7 in these. ;-)

As some of you will know, the UK high street shops are having a bit of a hard time of it. With on-line selling becoming increasingly easy [cheap deliveries, free returns] many open air venues are losing out.

In the UK, we pay the most for just about every product made [For example we pay more for diesel fuel than anybody else in the world?] Unfortunately, salaries and wages don't reflect the high price of consumer goods. Consequently our economy is slowing, as folk tighten their belts and get ready for a nasty period that will include a lowering of living standard for all except the very well off.

One of the casualties is Priceless, a high street shoe shop selling (or should be) to the very lowest end of the market. Not for the first time in the past two years, it's been looking like it might disappear, along with its parent company Barratts.

In austere times [like now] the key to success is good value, and attractive products. I have personally found Priceless to be a good value range, though not always as quick to respond to the market as perhaps they should? Nor maybe, has their sizing regime been as accurate as it should have been. [You can waste of lot of money sending out the wrong size shoe. And lose regular buyers into the situation.] While the shoes I've bought have been good value, the sizing has been all over the place. I have at least one pair of courts I used to wear regularly, size 7. Several pairs of boots I really like, size 7. I've tried to own several more pairs, but an 8 has been too small? In the link below, the size 9 is reputedly a size 8?

It's a particularly sad lose to me, because a pair of boots I bought from them, got me back into wearing heels. [And a pair I sold recently on the auction site.]

Anyway, that's the background to post. Here is a pair of boots I've seen out worn by an older, but slender lady. I have to say my heart skipped a beat when I saw them worn with skinny jeans.....

Currently at a give away price. £6 plus £3-50 carriage if I remember. The shop I used to visit in Stevenage has gone. I don't know if the shop in Wood Green has also closed. Think I've seen a shop in Reading too? I'll miss them.

Last chance?

Priceless ankle boot.

Currently at a give away price. £6 plus £3-50 carriage if I remember. The shop I used to visit in Stevenage has gone. I don't know if the shop in Wood Green has also closed. Think I've seen a shop in Reading too? I'll miss them.

Last chance?

Priceless ankle boot.

Not available anymore...

Not available anymore...

At that price, I'm not too surprised. I guess the people winding up the company want as much cash as they can get, as soon as they can get it.