Sign in to follow this  
BobHH

Karo Wedges

I have bought some Karo 925 wedges. which are very comfortable and, importantly for me, come in large sizes up to USW 14. I take a 13. They are advertised as a 4.5 in. heel - in my size they are 5.5 inches at the back with a 1 inch platform, so have a 4.5 in. rise. I like the height which is hard to find in a wedge without much platform. They are generously sized with a wide sole, so fit well and are very stable. Fairly expensive, I paid around $135. They will get lots of use.

post-4973-129209601405_thumb.jpg

Just noticed these .....

They are shoes I'd LOVE to own and wear. I have a thing for see-through uppers, and I really like wedges.

A jealousy rating on a scale of 1 to 10, would be a 12! ;-)

I wore the Karo wedges to the nail salon today for a pedicure. Hardly anyone there when I got there at 8:30AM, so no one saw them except my salon girl. She said "Let me see your shoes." I was wearing long jeans. She thought they were very high and said just looking at them made her legs hurt. She is a tall blonde who I traveled with last year before she got married, and never wears any sort of heels, saying she can't because her legs hurt. She won't try to get used to them. I got Chanel "Matador" polish, a dark metallic red. I wear 2 in. wedge thongs afterward because you can use them with toe separators.

If ever you find yourself wearing your Karo wedges with jeans, and happen to have a camera with you, it would be great to see what the ensemble looked like together. Not sure how a self portrait would be possible, or if you would be inclined to oblige :roll: but I'd greatly appreciate a picture.

I've tried on see through shoes before, but my slim feet usually slip through them. :roll: Don't know why I've such a 'thing' for see-through uppers, as my curly toes wouldn't lend themselves to being painted.... But like 'em, I do! :oops:

Bob,

Did you get your shoes from Shoes USA? I've bought a couple of pairs from them and they are fantastic, but expensive.