Sign in to follow this  
euchrid

D'oh!?!

I just spotted these on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lace-up-ankle-boots-gorgeous_W0QQitemZ320408218905QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Shoes?hash=item4a99d16d19&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

... and thought "ooh, i like them, i must have a punt".

then I remembered i've already got a brand new pair of them - theyre been stuck at the back of my wardrobe for 3 months+ & havent been worn since I bought them due to lack of opportunity. ;-)

Primark stuff is not very expensive, I was just wondering how much were they new? I like them btw

I think they were

I just spotted these on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lace-up-ankle-boots-gorgeous_W0QQitemZ320408218905QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Shoes?hash=item4a99d16d19&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

... and thought "ooh, i like them, i must have a punt".

then I remembered i've already got a brand new pair of them - theyre been stuck at the back of my wardrobe for 3 months+ & havent been worn since I bought them due to lack of opportunity. :roll:

I'd have the two pairs anyway ..... :-o

One for wearing, one for staring at. :roll: (aka keeping for 'best'). :lol:

I've not found a pair of Primark shoes that fit me well enough to buy. For some reason they, like Tesco, expect feet to be shaped like a clenched fist. Meaning round with no toes? Whenever I try them, they're not long enough and there's waaay too much room around the rest of my foot. (Which may explain my foot being able to travel so far forward.)

It's a shame. I buy lots of my clothes in Primarni now. Sure they are inexpensive, but I like plain clothes. I don't favour tops with adverts or statements on them, and I don't llike my trousers/jeans to look worn out either. [Old school, me.] Primark tick a lot of boxes if you like (practically disposable) classic styling.

My working class wife, won't go in the place without serious complaint. :oops: She prefers to spend much more on her clothes that seldom leave the wardrobe anyway? Or in her case (because she now has so many clothes), often it seldom leaves the front door of her wardrobe ~ or front door of mine!

I'd love to buy Primark shoes, "cheap as chips" and styles changing fairly frequently. :cool:

Done it again.

Spotted some boots on the auction site. THIS time, I put some money on them, only 18 hours from the sale end time. I thought to go back, and if necessary, add money.

I remembered about the boots around 10pm tonight, usually a time that might give me 10 minutes to get a further bid in. Sadly, I was about 5 hours too late. :razz: Was actually at Hertz collecting a hire car, when the auction ended. :wink:

>> Missed Dune boots. <<

Freddy,

Why don't you use an auction sniper tool like the one >here<. I use this when bidding as it means I don't have to monitor and I don't exceed the price I am prepared to pay. I often pay far less using this method.

All it does is place a bid to your max value about 10 secs before the end. Its free too if you are only using it a max of 3 times per week. Gives you a 97% chance of success.

Good Luck.

Simon.

HFMROK

I certainly need to pull a digit outa somewhere. :razz:

In some ways the aucton site has a perfectly suitable tool for placing a maximum bid, with the first bidder at any nominated figure getting priority over a second bidder offering an identical amount.

My problem is, (and it's beyond sensible rationale), I prefer to see what sort of money an item is selling at, before I start bidding. :wink: In reality, placing my highest bid using the auction sites own 'sniper' ought to get me the best (lowest) price, plus I get first dibs at my maximum, if someone else uses an alternate 'sniper' system.

If I had placed my highest bid when I had the opportunity, I could have trumped anyone else bidding up to the same amount. Anyone bidding higher, would have beaten me on the item anyway ....

My wife reminds me often, I don't need any more shoes/boots. I keep reminding myself of this, whenever I miss buying this style of block heeled boots.

Not great consolation I can tell you. :oops:

Freddie,

Problem with fleabays "sniper" is that you declare your hand far too early, using the suggested tool, you don't actually place that max bid until 10 secs to go and so you are likely to get it much lower than the max price. Give it a try, you have nothing to loose but the auction.

Your wife is probably right, but then just refer to her collection.

Simon.

I'm getting the hang of this.

FINALLY, cracked one tonight. Nearly forgot again, but managed not to. :roll:

With something like 3 minutes to go, I placed my maximum bid, and watched the timer count down. I left it late to start bidding, so the competition didn't have time to talk themselves into a higher final bid.

I expected some sort of 'sniper' action, and I got it, from a 3rd bidder. The 'sniper' jumped in something like 20 seconds before the auction closed. I still won the goods I was after. :cool:

It's always some consolation if the shoes or boots don't fit, that they didn't cost much. :roll:

Sounds like the opposition was using the auctioninsights free tool as this places the bid 20 secs form the end. This gives you just enough time to out do the sniper if you are watching. The 20 secs point is key. If they are paying for the sniping service, then you wont stand a chance as that gets submitted only 3 secs from the end. It is a useful tool especially if the auction ends when you would much rather be asleep.