Sign in to follow this  
Bread Heel

TOMS

It really is surprising that more shoe manufacturers don't offer larger sizes. Generations are getting taller and with commensurately larger feet, but the shoe/boot makers are still living back in thew 1950s as far as sizings go. 

UK10 seems to be a bit more commonplace, though I feel it will be a while until we regularly find heels in any size larger than that.

Going by TOMS size chart, I should be able to get my (smaller) right foot into a size UK10. But considering I normally buy their footwear in a UK12, I’m not sure how that would be possible.

I’d be surprised if their size 10 would accommodate a typical size 12.

my mother, who would be nearly 100 now, wore a 10.5 and had a hard time finding shoes in her day. Truly, one would think that with a much greater population, and considerably taller in average, that sizes up to 12 would be more common.

When I grew up in the US during the 70s and needed a size US13 or 14 trainer, they were hard to find . Very easy now. You would think they’d have done the same with women’s sizes. 

1 hour ago, Oakeetoes said:

Certainly strange that those shoes (in various colours) go up to 8 and then 11.   I would doubt that it is a true UK11, however marked.   ASOS lists (or has listed) a number of items up to UK10, some in wide fitting, but they tend to run small.   Whether the couple of pairs of boots currently listed by ASOS as 12 and 13  run true to size remains to be seen; I don't like the styles enough to buy them, even just to try out of curiosity.