Sign in to follow this  
Bread Heel

Time spent in heels

My heel wearing is confined to the house and when there is no-one else in. On a few recent occasions, I have been afforded a whole afternoon to myself in which to indulge. Apart from wearing a few different pairs and trying out different outfits, and practising walking from one corner of the room to another, I’ve been at a bit of a loss at what to do.

What do people enjoy doing in heels?

I simply enjoy wearing heels to work - work being what I do at home. On real life assignments (at least the ones I tend to get) they would be horribly inappropriate. I'm often at archaeology sites, or on the decks of pitching ships, or in muddy jungles (great for my vintage motorcycle boots though!)  No place to be wraring heels!

At home, though, when I'm writing and editing photos I very much like to wear heels. I tend to feel more creative, expressive in heels, less inhibited and more inclined to be creatively adventurous.  THere's a wonderful edginesss to wearing heels, a cocking a snook at convention and disgregarding old taboos. It's an edginess that is important in creativity. 

Cocking a snook at convention is not something that would go down too well at my work. Although there is an element of performance to my job and I sometimes think wearing heels would help bring out a bit more flair (I’m a classic introvert, so find the performance exhausting).

So maybe for now I just stick to some more creative endeavours at home. 

One of the advantages of working as a freelance is that I am my own boss and can set the tone and dress code in my office. 

I have to cling to these advantages as the disadvantages to self employment in this new Covid-era are too many to list, let alone to want to dwell on.

Today I've already spent ten hours either shooting or editing photos...  

I rather enjoy the routine wearing of heels, the fact that it is just a part of my typical workday; my office dress code. In winter, when its cooler, I quite like my heavy suede otk boots as they keep my lehs nice and warm. Boots, jeans and a jumper - my standard office attire.

I do wish I had more regular pay, though... That part is not so much fun...  

THe fact that it really has become a norm for work is very satisfying. While it arguably makes wearing heels less 'special' in one sense, the casualness of wearing heels every day to the 'office' - whether it's cuban-heeled ankle boots or stiletto knee boots - is realy quite satisfying. I'm genuinely wearing heels and boots. I wish I had done this many years ago, but am glad to have done it now.     

8 hours ago, Oakeetoes said:

Cocking a snook at convention is not something that would go down too well at my work. Although there is an element of performance to my job and I sometimes think wearing heels would help bring out a bit more flair (I’m a classic introvert, so find the performance exhausting).

So maybe for now I just stick to some more creative endeavours at home. 

What sort of work do you do, and in what type of venue (e.g. office)?   If you have a wife or partner, does she know of your 'interest' and, if so, approve of it or not?

I am retired so at home much of the time, but a significant amount of time is spent away on property work for (mostly) family.   My wife knows something of my interest (although not its full extent) and totally disapproves (even of my men's cuban heels)  - so my heel-wearing heels is mostly confined to discreet occasions when alone at home, although I have ventured outside in my MJ boots and others.

No-one knows of my interest. I would love to be open about it but I just don’t see it being accepted. My OH thought my Cuban heels were too feminine, and as I never wore them, I was forced to clear them out. The reason I never wore them is I thought they were too baggy round the ankle and never looked right - I only wore skinny jeans at the time. 

3 hours ago, Oakeetoes said:

No-one knows of my interest. I would love to be open about it but I just don’t see it being accepted. My OH thought my Cuban heels were too feminine, and as I never wore them, I was forced to clear them out. The reason I never wore them is I thought they were too baggy round the ankle and never looked right - I only wore skinny jeans at the time. 

Hopefully - maybe - there will be a chance one day.

I've a couple pair of boots that slouch around the ankles - I kind of like it and yet sometimes I wonder if they are too baggy. I generally wear skinny jeans so I can wear my boots over them.

These were ankle boots, so something just didn’t look quite right. I think with the boots you’re describing, they came up higher so would look good with skinny jeans. 

Yes, my slouchy boots are all otk boots. I've seen some slouchy ankle boots that looked all right, but in the main, they ought to have cleaner perkier lines.

I am looking forward to the cooler weather. I like my tall boots, jeans and jumper look at "the office".  

I wear heels like I was born in them. Work, On my motorcycle, walking around town, shopping, going out to dinner with my wife. etc etc.