Sign in to follow this  
Shyheels

Tall Boots - pull-ons versus zips

I’ve several pair of knee and otk boots. One pair, some vintage motorcycle boots from WWI are lace-ups but my others are mainly pull-on with the exception of a pair of black suede otk boots which have a side zip. I like the form fitting style of the zipped boots, but the slight slouch of the pull-ons seems more masculine. I can never quite make up my mind...

Which style would be your preference 

That’s a tough one. At first I thought, definitely a zip. There’s something satisfying about pulling up a zip and feeling that snug fit.

I feel differently about the slouch, as I’ve always thought of it as more feminine. In my mind, a slouch boot in suede looks good.

So in terms of my preference, I would say, zip for leather, pull-on for suede. 

• Like 1

Yes, that makes good sense. I do quite like the slouch in my brown suede otk boots especially.

Im also thinking for travel, a zip boot is easier to remove for security. Standing in the queue and trying to remove a snug fitting pull on boot is no fun. 

I tend to prefer zips on boots (from ankle high upwards) as they not only make them easier to put on and off but also allow a snugger fit.   I'm not a fan of any 'baggy' boots, although I can see the appeal of a slouchy pair in soft suede, but that is a more difficult look for a man to wear.   (To me, 'baggy' means simply wide if fairly rigid shafts; 'slouchy' means softer, looser shafts that can wrinkle or fold under their own weight.)

My wife has a pair of brown leather knee boots that have fairly narrow shafts and criss-cross lacing up the front, although the lacing is fake and they are zipped at the side.   The look is quite appealing - best of both worlds, perhaps?   (I suppose some like close-fitting laced boots - especially OTK - for bondage reasons, but that's another story!)

My pair of brown suede otk boots have lace-up styling on the side, but are in fact pull-on boots and rather slouchy around the ankles. I like them a lot. They are low heeled and very easy to wear without attracting notice.

Close fitting lace up otk boots besides being a bit racy would be quite a hassle to take on and off I should think.