Sign in to follow this  
Bread Heel

Better late than never

I’ve been visiting this site on and off for a few years, but never participated, so I thought I’d take the plunge and get involved. 
I’ve had an interest in high heels since a young age. It comes and goes, but when it does, I become obsessed - can barely think about anything else. 
During my teenage years I would put on heels that belonged to my sisters, or ones that my mum had worn in her younger days and now kept in a dressing up box. 
But as I grew, my feet would no longer fit. I am now a UK12, sometimes a UK11 at a squeeze. 
I started buying my own during my twenties. My first proper pair of stiletto courts were bought from a transgender store. I loved being in a 5” heel, but they were a bit ugly - despite being a femme shoe, they were built for a man’s foot! My feet are long but also quite skinny. 
Over the years I’ve bought over twenty pairs of shoes and boots, but at various stages of my life - new relationships, moving house - I’ve disposed of them for fear of being found out. I’ve never had the courage to tell anyone. I don’t like it being a secret but sometimes wonder if it’s part of the attraction. 
My preference is for pointed toe stiletto heel courts - a classic look. I currently own one pair of red patent 5” courts, one pair of black leather 5” courts, one pair of black suede 4” courts, one pair of black leather 5” heel OTK boots, and a recently purchased pair of black suede 5” ankle boots.

• Like 1

Welcome - and I hope you will have more to contribute in due course!  Pics of your collection will always be well-received.

I also wear a UK11 or 12 shoe, so I share your problem in finding something that fits and is wearable without looking ugly or odd.   My feet are not particularly 'skinny', however, so maybe you have an advantage there as most women's footwear tends to be on the narrow side for a male foot.   Where did you get the ankle boots?

20 hours ago, Puffer said:

Welcome - and I hope you will have more to contribute in due course!  Pics of your collection will always be well-received.

I also wear a UK11 or 12 shoe, so I share your problem in finding something that fits and is wearable without looking ugly or odd.   My feet are not particularly 'skinny', however, so maybe you have an advantage there as most women's footwear tends to be on the narrow side for a male foot.   Where did you get the ankle boots?

The ankle boots are ‘Only Maker’ bought off amazon. I normally buy Pleaser heels, but found this brand and they looked good, so thought I’d take a chance. Pleased to report quality seems good and sizing was spot on. 

Working on getting some more photos done, but finding it hard to get the angles right! Any tips for taking good shots (if you haven’t got someone to take them for you!)?

I always fancied a pair of knee boots but never dared to take the plunge until I was in my fifties - now I wonder why I waited. I have several pair of knee and otk boots, some with heels, some without, and a couple pair of ankle boots from the now defunct Shoes of Prey. Love 'em! 

I wear my flat knee and otk boots out and about all winter and they barely seem to be noticed. The only remarks I ever had were entirely complimentary. 

I bet. My OTK boots have yet to make it past the back garden. My heel wearing is confined to the house. Although I have done some night walks, that was before I had the boots. Would love to take them for a good long stroll. 

Honestly, if you have flat or low-heeled knee or otk boots nobody even seems to notice. And in winter having warm ankles and calves is very nice indeed - once you try it you won't go back.. 

On 8/20/2020 at 7:24 PM, Oakeetoes said:

Working on getting some more photos done, but finding it hard to get the angles right! Any tips for taking good shots (if you haven’t got someone to take them for you!)?

Hello and welcome to the site. As for taking photos. I now use a tripod and a clicky thing that allows me to take photos remotely. All I need to do now is set the phone in my tripod and set up my phone to take photo. Stand in position and use the remote to take photos.

2 hours ago, Oakeetoes said:

Thanks for the tip. Been using the timer, which seems to work okay. Just hard to tell if I’m in the correct position. 

By using my phone I can  see on the screen what Im taking. It still takes times to get a good a photo but the photos are better now then when I used a camera,

13 hours ago, Oakeetoes said:

Do you think anyone would notice these?!

otk1.png.30ee0d1c92ff4cfa30b1bfa8e28de770.png

Probably - but you’d be surprised at the percentage that wouldn’t and I doubt you’d receive any unfavourable comments. Especially not if you wore then with dark/black jeans like those. It's a nice look. And those are very nice boots by the way

Edited by Shyheels

I use a tripod and remote release a lot in my work - I am a photographer. The trickiest part to taking pictures of oneself is creating an aesthetically pleasing composition. 

Edited by Shyheels

Any tips for a good composition? I guess it’s personal preference, but would you have the camera level with the shoes or higher up and pointing down?

Definitely level.

Ive never tried shooting images of myself wearing boots. If were to do so, I’d give thought to backdrop and setting. Depth of field too - although shallow depth of field isn’t something one can do well on a smartphone camera.

Of course it depends what you want from the picture too. If you want to find expression of yourself in heels, you need to give it some artistic thought. It could be fun. Be creative.

19 hours ago, Oakeetoes said:

Do you think anyone would notice these?!

Nice boots!   Where did you get them, and what size please?   The heel doesn't look that high - I'm guessing about 3.5", but the pic may be deceptive.

Although not exactly discreet, I suggest that this is the look - simple and uncluttered - that we all think should be truly unisex:

409292f6f93baa11eb2e8258903f791c.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. The boots are Pleaser Legend 8899. They do actually have a 5” heel, so definitely a bad angle! They are a UK12.

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

Although not exactly discreet, I suggest that this is the look - simple and uncluttered - that we all think should be truly unisex:

Those boots are amazing, such a nice shape to them. I agree - should be a unisex look. Where are they from?

I don't know where those precise boots are from but I have a couple pair of Italian Heels stiletto knee boots that look just like them - one with 4" heels and one with 5" heels I love wearing them. The nice thing about Italian Heels boots is that they scale the heel height up (or down) depending on the shoe size. The listed height (100mm or 120mm) is for a size 38 but mine, being a larger size, have rather higher heels in order to keep the same angles and proportions. It makes them much more stylish, looking 'right' at every size. They are cheap, but they are nicely made and worth the money. 

I'd forgotten about Italian Heels. I used to visit that site years ago, wishing I could afford a pair. By the looks of it, their website hasn't changed in all that time (I think it was over ten years ago!).

I assumed the boots in Puffer's post were his, but I suspect they're Louboutins, and we can only dream of fitting our feet in them :(

Yes, Italian Heels website is very dated. Love their boots though.

My other boots are from Jean Gaborit - absolutely lovely quality and fully custom. Fit beautifully and the leathers and suede they use is truly luxurious. They cost quite a bit but I would rather have one or two pair of really lovely high fashion boots than a dozen or more pair of cheap and tacky ones which is pretty much all you can get in larger sizes. 

Louboutin doesn’t make boots (or shoes) nearly large enough.

I agree with you about quality over quantity - although it would be nice to have both!

Which boots from Italian Heels do you have, and how do you find the sizing? I can only see up to UK11.

9 hours ago, Oakeetoes said:

Thanks. The boots are Pleaser Legend 8899. They do actually have a 5” heel, so definitely a bad angle! They are a UK12.

Those boots are amazing, such a nice shape to them. I agree - should be a unisex look. Where are they from?

Those boots are not mine (alas!) but a stock photo from the web, just to illustrate the look.   Here is another 'nice to have' and less extreme look - YSL 'French 85' men's boots, which I don't think are still made - and I don't have them either!

image.png.02cc6e3869629a6b5b3793ed2fbd2cfb.png

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I don't know where those precise boots are from but I have a couple pair of Italian Heels stiletto knee boots that look just like them - one with 4" heels and one with 5" heels I love wearing them. The nice thing about Italian Heels boots is that they scale the heel height up (or down) depending on the shoe size. The listed height (100mm or 120mm) is for a size 38 but mine, being a larger size, have rather higher heels in order to keep the same angles and proportions. It makes them much more stylish, looking 'right' at every size. They are cheap, but they are nicely made and worth the money. 

I think you meant to say 'not cheap'!   

6 hours ago, Oakeetoes said:

I agree with you about quality over quantity - although it would be nice to have both!

Which boots from Italian Heels do you have, and how do you find the sizing? I can only see up to UK11.

I have the Tina knee boots - a classic stiletto knee boot, very clean lines. The sizing is a bit small, and narrow. I’ve narrow feet so that’s not an issue - actually rather a bonus for me. Mine felt tight when I first had them but being made of leather they stretch slightly and fit really well now.

The Jean Gaborit boots are fully custom, based on tracings and about a dozen measurements on foot and calf and fit like a glove.

Edited by Shyheels

The Tina knee boots are a classic and would be my first choice. As a size 12uk I’d be hesitant to pay that much for boots that were a bit small :(

As I say, mine felt a bit snug but within a couple of times wearing them they fit beautifully. I’d also say that I probably bought mine slightly small - they come in half sizes and I went for a more snug fit. In the end I was glad, but at first I wondered if I’d messed up.

They are just the kind of boots I’d always fancied. Definitely worth it

I should add that I wear an 11-12UK too

Edited by Shyheels