Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Shoes at Priceless

Not everyone likes cheap/inexpensive shoes, but I find them very rewarding. My feet seem to fit into just about every style (a notable exception being Louboutins -thankfully), so I have success with most shoes and boots I like.

Recently I bought a couple of pairs of black PU stilletoe courts from Select that I think look wonderful.

They have some nice styles for under a tenner, just had a browse myself. My wife recently bought some "heels" from Priceless for

Can't help but wonder if Priceless and Payless are related in some way. The Priceless web-site has some similarities with the way the Payless site looked a couple of updates back. Of course, most online shoe-shops have a similar look-and-feel but the text styles and the presentation of the site look so familiar.

I think the cheap/inexpensive shoe shops are especially good for beginning heelers. Most of them are self-service so the shopper can browse and pick out a style without having to deal with a salesperson -- having been there I know it's a daunting concept for somebody who has not yet built his confidence. The cheap shops also let the newbie experiment a little with different styles and determine what he likes most, without putting a huge dent in his finances.

Although I've had some of the cheap shoes that felt good, I find that the lack of support and the generally inferior construction often make them less comfortable than the better lines. I won't shell out the simoleons for the designer lines but I do find myself more interested in something a little better than the cheap offerings.

But they do definitely have their place.

Can't help but wonder if Priceless and Payless are related in some way. The Priceless web-site has some similarities with the way the Payless site looked a couple of updates back.

Well spotted that man!

Here in the UK we have a well known company called Payless DIY >> homepage << who had a trading history that would have taken precident over the US company with the same name if they tried to set up a business here. Barratts did or does own Priceless here. Not sure how that all works out regarding Payless in the US??

Priceless recently went into Administration, and many of the shops in the chain closed. Fortunately for me, there's a branch not too far away I have access to. :oops: In fact, it was a pair of their boots that got me back into wearing heels Jan 2008. I put them on, and practically kept them on for 2 weeks solid. I'd worn them out in another couple of weeks ..... Fortunately I'd had the foresight to get another pair during that period, which set the routine for my subsequent buying style. I have very few 'singles', and at least one style I've 5 identical pairs. :confused:

Fortunately, I've made a point of NOT counting the cost of my shoe habit. :( Must be well over

Had the chance to get into Priceless and Shoe zone yesterday. Some nice styles on display but not at the internet prices in the stores. Didn't get to do too much browsing as I was with the wife and she likes to move quickly around the shops.

I've not noticed a price difference between Internet and shop prices with Priceless. I have noticed the shop labelling is behind the Internet pricing, right up until you get to the till .... ;) :-)

I'll try to visit one of the shops this week. I get as much time as I like to browse..... Herself is a bit 'precious' about shoe shops. Historically, if the shop didn't sell Faith, Carvela, or KG, then she wouldn't even try them on. It's only been about 3 months since I managed to get her to try some Aldo shoes for fit. I didn't do too badly, as she left with 2 pairs. ;) [Well, two pairs for her..... And one pair for me! :)]

If I remember >> mine have a 4 1/2" heel << hers both with 4" heels. :-( There's a lot to be said for the Camden Outlet store. ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2
Grammar.

FF2,

Saw those priceless shoes you highlighted and at the price, I was unable to resist them. As you say - almost disposable. China has a lot to answer for. I had to settle for a size down as they didn't come in 10. Funny how the bigger sizes are now out of stock - I wonder why that could be. Anyway, They are tight as I expected they would be, but they are genuinely 12cm high. They don't slip on easily as the inner sock is like faux suede. However, they are solid enough once on. Really do feel the height with these and is mycomfortable limit on heel height. Just another 0.7mm and I can't cope for long. Shame they were not made the next size up.

The bigshoeboutique website links Barratts and Priceless larger offerings together (as they are part of the Stylo group).

Always worth checking the site regularly as their stock is constantly changing. I hope the administrators do keep this lot going as it is a wonderful source of shoes that not only fit, but are not the fetish offerings usually served up.

Simon.

Really do feel the height with these and is mycomfortable limit on heel height. Just another 0.7mm and I can't cope for long. Shame they were not made the next size up.

The bigshoeboutique website links Barratts and Priceless larger offerings together (as they are part of the Stylo group).

Always worth checking the site regularly as their stock is constantly changing. I hope the administrators do keep this lot going as it is a wonderful source of shoes that not only fit, but are not the fetish offerings usually served up.

Simon.

I've noticed the hieght thing too. Good, innit? ;) Think shyguy got to enjoy a similar experience with some boots he bought off Ebay a short while ago. (From Garage Shoes originally, though these would have been nearly

Was in Priceless shoes today (I need some sandals for my summer hols) and they have some great looking heels in there at the moment. I was also trying on sandals from both sides of the shop, male and female but only flats, with my wife assisting. One bored looking sales assistant just watched on as I tried some "womens" sandals and mules. Was still fun even though I didn't try the heeled ones.

The boots look great, only up to size 7 left though. The shoes are nice but the square toe ruins the look for me.

i had a look in the MK Priceless today but alas, no sign of the boots or platforms that I'd seen online. ;-)

on the plus side, I saw that there's a Kurt Geiger outlet at the centre now - some loverly items in there albeit a tad pricey! no privicy for trying on either, drat it.

i had a look in the MK Priceless today but alas, no sign of the boots or platforms that I'd seen online. :-(

on the plus side, I saw that there's a Kurt Geiger outlet at the centre now - some loverly items in there albeit a tad pricey! no privicy for trying on either, drat it.

KG Outlet eh? MK is closer than Brighton, so I have a reason to go to MK once again. ;-)

I did take my own advice and bought some of >> these << but they went back :( as I kept twisting my left ankle while walking around in them. Dunno if the shoe was faulty, or my foot just didn't like this particular shoe, as I don't usually have this problem .... Didn't try another pair though. Returning them cost just about as much as they were worth. Didn't want to risk another 5 litres of fuel.

Went into Priceless today. No new (winter) boots, in fact there were no boots in the store at all as far as I could see ...... :roll:

But >> these << were going for

very nice looking heels , and at a great price. I keep looking at Priceless and elsewhere for some boots too, still want something with between 2 and 3 inch block heel. The ones I have are just about 2 inch and are comfortable but I need something a little different still.

I think Matalan, M+S and Next are going to be you best bets ... Though the online-auction site have many. The high street stores take returns though, which IMO make them a more attractive prospect.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. :roll: :roll:

P.S.

Probably (meaning definitely) a bit pricey ..... >> Barratts << But they are leather ....

Been racking my brain for a couple of days, to think of the name of another outfit to try, and JUST remembered .... Shoe Zone.

Had a good look in Matalan today, and no luck there.

Also had a look in Peacocks, no luck there either.

Saw a couple of options in TK Maxx, but they were circa

Thanks for the suggestions Freddy, hopefully might get out at the weekend to look for myself.

If you are still looking ....... :roll:

Auction site 1 [Next and leather.]

Auction site 2 Bit more expensive but they look dead passable. :roll: [Dolcis and leather.]

The first pair look great but knee high. The second also look great, and I will be watching them to see how the bid goes. I may bid nearer the end of the auction and then justify it later lol.